Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 27.

• One of the things missing from this game is discussion of the wider politics, who is doing what, grudges etc, etc. The Op asked a decent question but looking at the responses illustrates a cultural problem this game has - too many smart arses and not enough people who give a fuck.

• Oh FFS. Can you get any more confused? I guess I'm not coming back. Good luck for the future Albion.

• I argued for moves against the mega alliances in one of the original threads about this but never thought it would come in mid season. I think this is a great change at the wrong time. Finish the season. Start a new season with everyone knowing in advance the way it will be run - 300 max alliances. So yeah timing is out but I totally admire the courage to confront the need for change.

• Quote from Korn: “Quote from Hollywoodi: “don't you think if you limit an Alliance to 300 people it would remove the giantic safe zone they created through the black?? ” It almost certainly won't - based on all we have learned about sandbox games in the past 8 years. Also, if you look at Eve Online, alliances there do not stop you from killing and looting everyone you like. ” I started playing Eve around 2007, read up on its history and have followed it ever since - even though I no longer play.…

• I use this combo and I'm happy to see it nerfed. It was so good it was hard to justify using anything else which is sorta kill joy.

• Aah its the buy orders that were confusing me - thanks Nuffsed.

• Quote from xcruciful: “But i bet you can get same info from: albiononline2d.com/en/item ” I tried using Albion2d for commerce but it was completely inaccurate. Due to this I find it a little hard to believe other info off Albion2d such as the meta data.

• I did a little bit of reading on internet differences between NZ and Aus. In the old days all NZ internet went through Aus but it seems that things have changed and there are lots of articles saying NZ has better connectivity than Aus now. So I was wrong on that. In game now my ping is around 220 and my latency is around 16.6m/s - goes back and forward from green to yellow. Traditionally you can play competitively in most roles in most games from NZ as long as there are west coast US servers. Ba…

• The Taniwhaa Awakes (phonetic: Ta-nee-fa) There was a fresh smell in the air – blood. Blood, sweat, and tears. Deep down in the earth, where cold rivers flow in perfect darkness, the Taniwha stirred. ‘Smells like fun.’ The Taniwha emerged from the stream in Steppe Cross and looked around him. A simple looking world where the dreaded Lag Beast might be kept at bay. A world where he could kill and take everything they had – ka pai! What! Some fool had already taken his name – aue! Taniwhaa will ha…

• This thread :popcorn: Congrats to Blue Army.

• Quote from Samashaus: “Quote from Korn: “Hey there, we made a post about this subject at the peak of the F2P launch 3 months ago in our Reddit AMA. Here is the link. And here is the post as a quote: Quote: “Posted on Reddit 3 months ago We peaked at around 34k concurrent users today. While it could be - you never know - mathematically speaking we don't expect this to last. The reason is quite simple: when a game launches, you have two effects working together: 1. Everyone who waited for the laun…

• How to be extremely evil

Taniwhaa - - Small Talk

An example. For most of the time spent playing Eve I ran a pirate corp. We weren't out to make people cry or be mean but we definitely wanted to blow up their ships and take their stuff. I wasn't used to playing the bad guy so our motivations were different to most pirates who lived off the tears generated by their activity. A standard evil pirate will go out of their way to generate tears even if it is not profitable - for example suicide ganking miners in safe space. Our alternative was to foc…

• How to be extremely evil

Taniwhaa - - Small Talk

I think you are looking at this wrong. Being the worst of the worst is probably (hopefully) outside your boundaries. The trick to joining the dark side for me is to find something in yourself that aligns with playing the darkside and hit it hard. I like efficiency so when I want to play a baddy I go for the ruthless angle as that is a logical extension of efficiency.

• Quote from Player112: “Quote from Taniwhaa: “I play from Oceania, NZ, and my ping is good enough to play pvp. Gets rough in towns but out in area's where there is pvp ping is fine. It is hard for me to understand the numbers the game gives me on ping - it usually says around 16/17ms but that doesn't make any sense. I dunno. I see tons of people playing the game. Not as many in the BZ's as RZ's, More again in yellow and blue zones. I get there are less people than when the game went f2p but there…

• I play from Oceania, NZ, and my ping is good enough to play pvp. Gets rough in towns but out in area's where there is pvp ping is fine. It is hard for me to understand the numbers the game gives me on ping - it usually says around 16/17ms but that doesn't make any sense. I dunno. I see tons of people playing the game. Not as many in the BZ's as RZ's, More again in yellow and blue zones. I get there are less people than when the game went f2p but there are still heaps of people playing and gather…

• I've experienced a problem related to people skipping to the end for boss and chest. I went into the black zones before downtime and found tons of solo dungeons - just everywhere - but all but one I did had been bossed/chested. Do the dungeons not re-spawn unless fully cleared? So as the day goes by the zones get full up of solo dungeons that don't re-spawn. At least that is what I think I saw. Went out after downtime and there were very few solo dungeons and obviously all the bosses were still …

• Thing that the solo is solo crowd are missing is that the developers said the aim of these dungeons is to provide dungeon content for 1-3 players. Given that the existing dungeons are for larger groups this is filling a hole in the existing content which I plan to enjoy with a friend or alone. Making it just for solo is not even desirable as it would limit the value of the new dungeons. As for getting ganked that is calculated into the value of rewards. You don't get the good loot without the ri…

• Please do look into it Amoebius76. The Arena is really useful as a new player for getting to know builds. Most of the open world combat I've been involved in has been over in seconds and without the Arena as a place to learn builds learning pvp would be much slower for me.

• Good to see another post about the buggy Arena queue - please fix it!

• The people having the worst of this are the devs. Good luck to them. I look forward to being able to get back onto the server.