Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 324.

• Quote from Captainrussia: “you first use E, then delayed blink - 99.9% that enemy will not see it coming. Takes exceptional timing and exceptional ping to execute. ” No he had it right. You can't cast delayed blink while casting another spell. I guess you haven't used mage sandals much? The trick of delayed blink is that you cast it, and then can do anything else for 1 second and you'll still blink to the location. It doesn't even interrupt channels when you are moved. Hence you cast delayed bli…

• Quote from Acoustic: “and no Galatine E isn't interruptable but it's a weapon with a 30 Second CD on it's three stack ability that can be messed up a variety of ways with a 1.1 second delay that's plenty of time to blink/run away and relies entirely on either complete surprise (like the chaos of a ZvZ where you can't even see the person come in) or an excellent moment where the enemy is not only rooted/stunned but also close together and also you have all 3 stacks and also the cooldown isn't up …

• Quote from Acoustic: “And here's where I'd cherrypick a video of a ranged guy killing larger groups if I didn't realize that's not an argument nor does it prove anything ” I'm sure you can, but it does prove something. They are balanced. There are plenty of people doing well with both. Honestly, outside of ZvZ, you see more melee DPS than ranged. It's arguably better. But let me break down the core argument here. Quote from Acoustic: “Can you give a single example using game mechanics and stats …

• Quote from iRawr: “Its a rare case and pretty hard to do it, also its will be still 3+ players red to each other, so no heal for sure. ” Yeah. It's kind of like the alliance change. People can still work together, but it inconveniences them notably. Though gank groups are often lots of claws (no aoe or heals) it helps. Quote from iRawr: “Any way that kind of solution solve much more problems, then just remove a-out and notifications. ” It does not, are you disagreeing with my claim that most dun…

• Quote from iRawr: “Its interesting how you wanna remove a-out, but dont like the idea of maximize the divers party. Its actually easy to do, infinite players can go to the srd, but only if they are red for each-other. So if divers will be in party - only one of them can enter. If they in same guild/alliance - only one can enter also. So that make sure solo dungeon got just solo players inside, but also can be dived just by solo players. Its easy to fix the entire issue and get nice solo pvp cont…

• Quote from iRawr: “2 vs 1? Huh. How about 3+ vs 1 in 8/10 dungeons? And if they know the victim can not a-out it will be just 10/10 of 3+ divers in srd. ” This is a good potential issue so let's break this down. How often does a large group like that make contact with someone in the dungeon, and then that person is able to escape and A out? In my experience: almost never. If someone is built with an escape set I think it would be possible, but basically everyone is either 1. Geared to maximize f…

• Title may seem a little wacky, but consider it for a minute. Changes: - When someone enters a solo dungeon, anyone inside the dungeon is alerted. - Players can no longer teleport out anywhere inside a dungeon. A new teleport exit is added at the boss room. To me personally the most annoying part by far about being dove in solo dungeons is not being ready. Wrong spells, spells on cooldown, even low health fighting mobs. I don't mind a fight, even 1v2. I've taken them often voluntarily, but it's d…

• Definition of clueless newb. As people have mentioned, melee weapons are or have been meta for every type of content. Ganking, 5v5s, ZvZ, etc. Here's a guy who does almost nothing but run around solo with melee, watch him kill ranged people and larger groups as just one example.: youtube.com/watch?v=owZmYRyQ_qk

• I mean, how is this different than if both players were faction flagged? They'd kill you just as easily. The only difference is since someone was PvP flagged in yellow, you thought you were safe from death. It's basically just a bait. Tricking faction players to take risks thinking they are safe when someone is waiting off screen to kill them. Don't fall for bait, and if you've faction flagged play as if getting downed is death, because it always can be. My personal favorite bait is flagging up …

• I'm having trouble seeing where the exploit is, as opposed to simply using the in game mechanics. If you faction flag, you are signing up for full loot deaths in yellow and blue. If you don't want that, don't faction flag.

• Quote from PipVader: “So now there will be no way to gather effectively, I will be ganked by every single person I see unless I gather with an entire group. ” In my last ~3 hours of blackzone gathering I haven't been ganked once, and I'm playing solo. Gathering is safe enough, you shouldn't need an alliance to ensure you're risk free when collecting the best resources in the game.

• Quote from TheBacon: “So you think that an Albion where only ZvZ players have a chance of joining guilds that territories and/or good hideouts is a good thing?! ” Joining a "good" guild just to gather for them isn't something to be encouraged, that's what people call slave guilds. Guilds still need gear to fight. They will either pay for it, or incorporate crafters/gatherers as full members.

• Quote from FrozenIce: “How are you going to do this in the middle of a season ” Lol they are supposed to wait to fix the game 2+ months because you wanted to hand-hold your way to a season win via a mega-alliance? Quote from TheBacon: “I absolute hate this on that reason, we take new players in our guild also dedicated crafters / gatherers ” Oh no, depriving new players the opportunity to gather and craft for you.. the tragedy.

• Quote from javi: “I honestly don't understand why the ZERG MEGA ALLIANCES are crying over this when they could have just called a Forum CTA to make their members Vote to keep Alliances. They could have had thousands of votes to keep the game the way it is. Well, looking forward to the changes!!! ” Because they know first hand how boring alliances make the game, even if the guild leaders want it to win.

• Quote from Hellatite: “After I stack...I become very fast sometimes it's hard to click E on them...should I make sure I E the target before I melee? Would that make it work somehow? Or should I melee first and then E? ” You should always select the target first just by clicking on them, and then either use melee or targetted abilities by simply hitting your hotkey.

• The true genius in this post is a faction system where you are flagged to kill people of the same faction. They talked about Caerleon being the solo-player city, this could be a major key. PvP rewards that force you to be solo, as opposed to the other factions which want you to group to fight. Sure, friends could both flag and just hang together not attacking, but it's fine. It would severely limit the amount and ability of people to work together.

• I was thinking about something similar. I also think a 1v1v1v1 gate might be the most interesting form, makes things a bit more chaotic compared to some sort of 1v1, no items, final destination scenario. E.g. if you rely on a combo with a long cooldown like with a cape, you might not have it for a second fight. But they could try both and see what feels better. Unlike OP I think solo-dungeons are pretty decent solo content, but that's mostly PvE. Time for some true solo PvP content. ++ Please ad…

• Quote from AdamSmith: “to live in outlands finally no matter what size guild you actually have hankys said AND he also mentioned that cities are designed for solo players , so basically no matter your size you should place hideouts if you cant THERE IS NO MEANING IN THIS UPDATE ” You need relax, breathe, and give the game just a little bit of time to settle down. Remember when solo-dungeons launched, and there were groups of 3-5 in every single one? People came on and posted similar threads, "Th…

• There are still one hour chests, I fought at the mardale one a couple times tonight. But I agree there should be more points of interest for solo-players.

• Shaking (Very Hard to Read) Nametags

FriendlyFire - - Bugs

Quote from Thorbjorn: “Buying an 144 Hz monitor is the solution. It's just low FPS and high frametime problem. Atleast in my case it helps alot to read the nametags. ” 144hz monitor here, not a solution. I also think solventh has the issue wrong (or, there is more than one issue). Even in a screenshot, the name tags will be blurry. Another possible option, some recording software deals with the shaky nametags in a way that makes them blurry. Example: Watch this video at the time step 39 seconds …