Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 22.

• Quote from MEATCUP: “I don’t like hunter bc the CD is long and a decent amount of ganking weapons are not reflectable. ” What do you prefer instead? Although I'll make my counter-argument for soldier or guardian: If the topic is "best helmet to have when getting ganked", I'm going to say these helms are both contenders. If you've been jumped then odds are you are starting off at a disadvantage and your best bet isn't to fight it out but rather, to do a runner -- either to fully escape or to at l…

• Quote from Sgtbloodelf: “Think before you post my dude. ” Some pretty dickish replies for a forum called "beginner's questions". I had the same question and so far I agree with the OP: from the perspective of a beginner, guild islands are a waste of resources. The may be some cases where they are preferable but by the time you recognize that kind of need, you're probably not a beginner anymore. Best to skip it initially. My guild wasted a lot of time upgrading our island and the buildings within…

• Quote from LoganSilkCheeks: “so punish the guild that cant get same amount of 8.3s in their guild so they compensate with numbers rather than punishing hardcore guilds that just hold hands ” I'm still waiting to hear the idea that can totally prevent that. It seems to come down to the fact that FFA-style (EVE/Albion) is really just "player created factions". In the end, you have a relatively small number of player-created factions ("alliances") fighting each other with most players joining one o…

• Quote from TheBacon: “ARCH is actually a huge group of many guilds that owns their corner of the map, in fact they give much more people who are not dedicated zvz players access to the Outlands. ” I actually think an alliance like ARCH will be better off for it, albeit maybe not in the way they wanted. There really shouldn't be just 1 giant alliance like ARCH. There should be several smaller ones, ideally with a treaty between them that only extends to "don't attack each other's territories or h…

• What if faction warfare replaced flag warfare? That is, you can no longer just "flag red". Flagging up is done by joining a faction. - Faction A vs Faction B: current rules - Faction A vs Faction A: current rules - Faction vs "no faction" players: same rules as flagged vs unflagged - In a red zone, Faction players can kill "no faction" players and loot them. - In a yellow zone, Faction players can down "no faction" players but can't kill them or loot them. - In a blue zone, Faction players can't…

• I wonder about creating a "limited hideout"... * Can't be destroyed * Your guild can only have 1 * Its access rights are locked to "guild" (allies and non-guildies can't use it at all) * Very limited storage and space The biggest thing making me want to join a powerful alliance is because as a small guild, investing in a Hideout just to get it get blown away one day by a zerg we have no chance of fighting is a waste of energy. We're basing out of the NPC Outlands cities for now but it would be n…

• Albion could do a better job directing new players and informing them of options. We kinda just kept playing the game that was in front of us, expecting it would direct us to the Outlands or whatever as the time came to move there but it really never did. Some sort of simple quest popup in the Royal cities to 1) Send you through the city gates and 2) Send you to an Outlands NPC city, would probably do a lot to get more people involved in the Outlands. I eventually had to look it up on the wiki t…

• Quote from Maori: “I think SBI could really learn a lot from a game like Foxhole about implementing mechanics to support perpetual worldwide conflict, logistics to supply the war effort, etc. It would be awesome to see more of a persistent military/faction warfare approach being taken. ” I do wonder what this game would be like as a faction wargame. The common wisdom is that 3 factions are best but they could try a hybrid system of alliances being "player made factions" but then have 3 Outlands …

• Quote from Drift: “One day SBI you might realise that the casual players your so concerned about not upsetting wont be around in the long turn ” I think the real risk is something I see in other games: The "hardcore" keep merging into larger and more powerful blocs until eventually they bore themselves out of their own game. The politics become stagnant and the game becomes monotonous or they actually ally their way out of having any competent enemies at all because all the competent players hav…

• Random idea of the moment: Suppose we do all of this and maybe even harsher to soft-force alliances to, at the very least, split into "allied but not officially" sub-groups. Additionally, however, there are penalties for wandering too far away from your "Outlands home". Your outlands home is the most significant of whichever of these applies to you: - The Royal gate you last went through - The Outlands city that you have set as your home - Your guild's hideout - Your alliance's territory The ide…

• Quote from Throatcutter: “this system can be easily gotten around by spreading territories between holding guilds and smaller guilds within the alliance ” The penalties are per alliance not per guild. Of course, you could still do the obvious: Squak becomes Squak A, Squak B, Squak C, Squak D, etc, to however many they need to dodge the debuffs. But thinking about it from a member perspective, I wonder how many people relegated to the depths of "Squak F" are going to still get that feeling of "I'…

• Quote from Korn: “Based on the hypothetical 1% of silver AND fame on all alliance members per territory above 10, do you really think that the top 4 power blocks would still be holding the same amount of territories? ” What % of anyone's income actually comes from silver pickups, I wonder? I get most of my money from selling loot drops or crafted products. I would think about some alternatives maybe... Bigger alliances result in: - Less loot from chests - More enemy gear breaks when you kill the…

• Poll: Alliance Feature

Slamz - - Feedback & Suggestions

Quote from Hollywoodi: “Is it that what you telling us will now not happen any more?? ” Usually in cases like this you end up with "feeder guilds". The top guild/alliance is the competitive one, in it to win it, and they will cull as needed to make that happen. They typically have feeder guilds which are not meant to be competitive but are meant to help grow the top competitive "core" by sorting out the serious players and moving them up. The feeder guilds themselves don't have any reason to cul…

• Quote from Acoustic: “I do almost exlcusively arenas ” I don't see how you don't like melee if you almost exclusively do arenas. I usually groan when I get in there and find out the team is all ranged. I've won with ranged teams but mostly by driving people off of the capture points and consistently capping them. With strong melee it's more about getting kills. Daggers are good but require synergy. You should not be using dash on the W key IMO. You should be working with a buddy that can snare o…

Quote from Vindrax: “Under this new system, we basically have to make a choice of do we value the community of members we have or do we want to be competitive in ZvZ's and holding territories? ” Cleaning house is a pain but it sounds like that's what you need to do. How many of the 300 people in your alliance literally never join you? How many haven't logged on in 3 months? How many really don't care in the slightest about you or your alliance but are just there because of complacency on your pa…

• Patch 3 is Here

Slamz - - News & Announcements

Quote from Devs: “The three Outlands towns (Merlyn's Rest, Arthur's Rest, Morgana's Rest) now no longer count as cities for the "Last City" respawn option. ” This is great. I predict that those Outland cities will get a lot busier as people realize the change. Suicide-teleportation is wonky and I hope to see some better way to do that (like some NPC who can send you to your last city and home just because killing ourselves is dumb) but it's working great and really makes those cities useful. Now…

I don't think the problem is "alliances". Small guilds should be able Quote from SkuzKabel: “I can tell you right now as a member from SQUAK Alliance, we will be even Stronger. ” If you really thought that was true, you would already be doing it. Why not break up into smaller guilds right now? You'd avoid the debuff and be stronger. Now. Tonight. Why wait?

• My argument for plate: it gives your healer more time to react. A lot of fights are about smashing someone quicker than they + their healer can react and that's easier if they're in robes. My argument for melee: I feel like the breakdown is that staff types are best for zergs. They tend to have high alpha strikes but give them fewer targets or put pressure on them and their DPS goes way down. They don't tend to excel at chasing runners, either. Melee, though, has a lot more abilities meant to wo…

• Quote from FriendlyFire: “I mean, how is this different than if both players were faction flagged? ” Gankers are all faction flagged: They pick a fight they can't win. They all lose gear. 1 faction flagged + X red flagged gankers: Red flags can engage risk free. They protect the faction flagger who only shows up if they're winning. It's basically a risk reduction strategy utilizing a loophole in yellow zone vs faction war rules. In red zone this would not be a problem at all.

• Hmm, yeah, I see where that's kind of a problem: - Red flags try to gank people. If they fail, no biggy, it's a yellow zone. They won't lose any loot. - If they have success, the faction flagged guy comes out and, where applicable, lands the killing blow. - Thus they reduce their risk to nearly zero but can still get loot, potentially. Still, kind of a weak exploit. If you faction flag, you know you're risking your gear and you know the circumstances of your demise can be unfair in a number of w…