Search Results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

• Thanks for all your replies everyone :)!! I found that dual booting Ubuntu 16.10 did the trick! SteamOS does in fact run Debian 8(Jessie), but it doesn't function solely off it's distributor. SteamOS is also running "brewmaster", which is specific to SteamOS/ Valve. So not many games are supported under such distribution, and I read that Valve's purpose for SteamOS was to really only run Steam games and not much of anything else. There are so many missing packages and dependencies that running f…

• Quote from karthanistyr: “It seems odd that you would have to provide root privileges to install the game, though. That might be an oddity of SteamOS, I don't recall installing the game as root on Arch. ” Well, when I gave it the privelages, it actually was much worse lol. Like, I couldn't run the game period. And a ton of different errors would pop up. So yeah, running it via "sudo" just wasn't viable at all. I tried turning off firewall, cause I thought that maybe the game just wasn't getting …

• Alrighty, welp. I've tried all of it and nothing SO, I guess we could just say that SteamOS/Linux Debian(Jesse) Is an officially Un-Supported distro I am so so sorry for having bothered you for so long about it. And thank you SO MUCH for having been the help you've been. I'm gonna go ahead and just download VM and download ubuntu and have it strictly run Albion Online, if it works hehe. Again, thank you so much!

• LOL, I like your last step I actually bought the steam machine And it's default SteamOs/Debian(Jesse) I just can't beleive how incredibly frustrating it's been just for one simple game. THE ONE GAME THAT ACTUALLY HAS LINUX COMPATIBILITY!!!! So I'm just super sad. But I'm gonna go a head and try all of that right now!

• Do you think that I should maybe just download VM and run Ubuntu? Like, strictly for Albion Onlnie? Or do you think I would suffer performance loss? I'm just about willing to try anything at this point lol This is also what I get when I run via Terminal: desktop@steamos:~/albiononline$ chmod +x Albion-Online desktop@steamos:~/albiononline$ ./Albion-Online Set current directory to /home/desktop/albiononline Found path: /home/desktop/albiononline/Albion-Online Mono path[0] = '/home/desktop/albiono…

• desktop@steamos:~/Downloads$ chmod +x albion-online-setup desktop@steamos:~/Downloads$ ./albion-online-setup (albion-online-setup:10730): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap", (albion-online-setup:10730): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap", (albion-online-setup:10730): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap", (albion-online-setup:10730): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_pat…

• I'm so sorry for the delay in responding! I work until 3, and I have school so I've been doing a lot of work. I've run into a terrible terrible problem trying all the first steps you've inquired me about. I tried downloading the proprietary drivers, and it completely trashed my machine I'm currently factory resetting the machine as I type this reply, but as soon as it's done I'm getting straight back to trying to getting Albion to work! I'll totally let you know when the reset is complete. Thank…

• OKAY! So, I installed the game normally, however, when i try to run the game via "sudo ./Albion-Online", this is what happens: desktop@steamos:~/albiononline$ sudo ./Albion-Online [sudo] password for desktop: desktop@steamos:~/albiononline$ [0320/214607:FATAL:sandbox_linux.cc(178)] Check failed: sandbox::Credentials::MoveToNewUserNS(). #0 0x7f9fd7f73a2e <unknown> #1 0x7f9fd7f8834e <unknown> #2 0x7f9fd7877d43 <unknown> #3 0x7f9fd734b748 <unknown> #4 0x7f9fd71e18ec <unknown> #5 0x7f9fd71e1fb7 <unk…

• How would I update the propriety drivers? From what I've understood, downloading such drivers would be iffy for Steam Machines. Not that it would be hard, but that it could make the machine unstable. BUT IM TOTALLY NOT SURE! You've been an amazing help! I'm gonna uninstall everything now and then start from fresh. I'll try and take pictures of my entire process, in case I may have missed something

• Thank you so much for the reply! I'm currently not home, but when I get there, I'll definitely post the terminal's verbose thingies Also, I have tried multiple ways of downloading the game and running it via terminal. I give it the permissions: chmod +x /albion-online-setup ./Albion-Online Again, when I get home I can maybe write that script a little more accurately lol. I usually would right click on the folder and then select "Open in Terminal", since that whole "cd" thing is annoying :))

• So, going to the download page, I saw that the game supports Linux. I downloaded the game, installed everything via terminal with the proper admin rights, and the game gets to where the log in screen is supposed to be, and it freezes. I don't ever get passed the guy with the map on a boat heading towards that island or whatever. Looking at the requirements for the game, it does say SteamOS, so I know that I'm not crazy. I do also know that it states that some distributions are not supported, but…

• Can't get passed this screen

ChibiSann - - Bugs

I'm not too sure where I should have posted this, but I'm just gonna hope that this was the right place. This happens everytime I start the game. It'll go through with that little cinematic, and then it'll go into the loading screen. After that this is the screen encounter, but nothing happens after this. I've even just let it sit for a while, and nothing. forum.albiononline.com/index.p…c4c18438d5072100a4545b0e7 I know that this is probably the normal screen for starting up the game, however, I …

• All crash reports pls post here!

ChibiSann - - Bugs

I'm not too sure where I should have posted this, but I'm just going to report this as a crash I guess. This happens everytime I start the game. 33bkd5j.jpg I know that this is probably the normal screen for starting up the game, however, I do not progress further from this screen. I am stuck from here on out OS: Linux/ SteamOS(Desktop) Graphics: Nvidia I installed Albion via Terminal. It's my first time running the game, so I have no idea what to do