Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 626.

• Dwindling player base

Farming - - General Questions & Discussions

Beitrag

Zitat von GluttonySDS: „Zitat von Farming: „I find this situation quite amusing. During the ship building process we pointed out the design flaws and holes that needed to be patched. Smashing every broken system and telling you how we did it, why we did it, how to fix it, and telling you why the ship would meet a watery grave. Alas your testers, your logical feedback, were ignored and much like that beautiful downward sloping chart that was posted, the ship is on its way to the bottom of the sea…

• Dwindling player base

Beitrag

I find this situation quite amusing. During the ship building process we pointed out the design flaws and holes that needed to be patched. Smashing every broken system and telling you how we did it, why we did it, how to fix it, and telling you why the ship would meet a watery grave. Alas your testers, your logical feedback, were ignored and much like that beautiful downward sloping chart that was posted, the ship is on its way to the bottom of the sea with a few choice (al be it ignorant) passe…

• Dwindling player base

Beitrag

Its pretty simple, and was laid out for them a million times before launch. They created a game that caters only to zerg style pvp players, which is a tiny portion of the mmo market. They left solo players and small group players(the overwhelming majority of online gamers, shocking right), as well as competitive pvp players nothing to do in the title (5v5's must be backed and geared by a zerg). Cant win a fight? Dont get better just bring more people! This is incredibly boring to most people in …

• Boy I bet the devs wish they would have listened to reason looking back now. Cant say we didnt try tho.

• Well will ya look at this: Progressions too fast due to a broken LP system, Zerg pvp is boring, nothing for solo players to do The game is dieing shortly after launch If only someone had brought all of this up before launch about 10 million times.... If only someone tried to save this ship

• Zitat von Wadefu: „Zitat von Archiemedis: „It doesnt matter actually. The diversity of players is a statistical average, when we get more than 1000 examples and we did. (3k) Your argument would hold true for the same map with the same amount of cities, but the map grows ever more with added zones and more cities / compared to the summer alpha. “ The point is not the scalability the point is a vast majority of players do not want to play the game you described. Name an MMO that allows 1 playable …

• Honestly The way the devs have ignored us on this issue is the reason ive given up on this title and team. Its sad to say but I will 100% not be playing Albion on launch or at any time in the future. Stubbornness by a developer, and inability to admit mistakes and/or fix them will lead to a short lived product. Social media and review sites are going to have a field day with this one.

• Zitat von Hodgrim: „From what I've played, which, granted, isn't all the way to end game, I can't see AO making it 10 years. Maybe not even 5-7... To put it simply, the feeling of adventure isn't there. Everything is pretty predictable for me. None of the mechanics or gameplay is new or inventive. It all seems like motions I've gone through before, just under a different title... Like a sequel... “ The problem is that progression is WAY too fast and free "LP". Runescape survives because the high…

• Zitat von Korn: „Zitat von Zigo: „Sometimes when you do something that boosts your d7-30 retention up high, you pay for it with d30-90 out the ass. I really hope that isn't what is going on here. “ Our key focus is long term retention, as it should be for a game as special/niche as Albion Online. Only with a strong long term retention can you actually grow your population in a sustainable way. Great examples for this would be Eve and Runescape. In particular, a game such as Eve probably has an a…

• Step 1 Step 2 Step 3 (choose Linux) If your having IP trouble. Step 4 Hope that helps your gaming needs.

• Zitat von Wadefu: „Zitat von Raithe: „errr or what do you mean by skill point limited? “ You have limited amount of specs you can invest in. Say you have 1000 levels in skill. So you could become 100 in 10 skills and if you wanted to raise another skill you would have to lower one of your other 10. Basically restrict people from becoming everything at once. You would need to restrict alts as well - basically adding rules to the sandbox for the sake of crafters. I would assume a lot of people are…

• Zitat von Raithe: „The problem that leads to all of this isn't related to lp. It cause there is no limitson player progression. I have played a game that mastered the you are what you wear. The trick is the game i am thinking of had you set your preference of stats. These base stats set a theme for your char. While most stats came from your equipment your base stats determined what eq you could handle. Int focused chars could not lift swords due to poor strength. Strength focused chars were too …

• Zitat von Ngoc: „you are effectively forcing player that may want to only farm to fight it would be like saying if you want to GVG you need first to farm 1000 rocks you get rock energy and then you can GVG I don't think the goal of the game should be force people into stuff they don't like to then do stuff they like I think other idea were better like Account Based LP so no matter how many alt you have you have or even better since LP is a catch up resource an account based bonus on offline time…

• Zitat von Archiemedis: „Zitat von Wadefu: „... “ Zitat von Wadefu: „... “ ...Zitat von Korn: „... “ - ... Zitat von Korn: „... “ - ... Zitat von Korn: „... “ - ... Zitat von Korn: „... “ - ... Zitat von Korn: „... “ - ... Zitat von Korn: „... “ ==> For me, the account wide LP seem to be "the best" solution and Korn's argument being the weakest there, imo. If anyone has more suggestions, please dont hold back :). (to prevent a shitstorm from trolls or dumb people: the suggestions are not fully fi…

• Zitat von Wadefu: „Sounds more of a issue with the rush to start out ahead. I do agree you will be very far ahead in the short term, but if the game is projected to last 5+ years - your progression in the first week is a blip to the grand scale they are trying to achieve. “ If it were a long term game id agree. Historically by the end of the first month all of the mega-alliances are in place, the maps claimed, the solo and small group players have quit, and theres no point in joining the game as…

• Zitat von Wadefu: „Zitat von Farming: „Person 1 picks his 100 apples, gets 20 free, and his 8 friends each get 20 free apples. And now has 280 apples. Person 2 picks 20 and is given 20 and now has 40 apples. “ (Having 50 alts does not make you gather mats faster) (ignoring crafting focus/islands and only talking LP) “ No but it allows you skip progression on each line of the production line. Ideally 1 alt assigned to each "node" of your build. Maximum progression comes from focusing all LP into …

• Zitat von Ngoc: „LP are a mechanic made for people that cannot play 8+ hours a day to keep up are you saying that forcing people to play 8+ hours a day is okey but forcing people to play alt is evil I hate ALTS i really wish u could only do 1 character only don't get me wrong I most probably will not play alts but i notice how unreasonable blind are most of the comment here against LP and alts especially the one asking for removing one of the few mechanics made to balance casual playing over har…

• Zitat von Ngoc: „Alt are a way to provide the "cheating" for free if you remove Alts only people with money can buy other account to do what now you can do using in-game currency honestly i would rather like NO alt and no double account but then you would penalize family with more then one people playing on the same computer or same IP etcetc... There is no solution this is why it will NOT change, they have to choose the lesser evil and we will always be unsatisfied by their decision because the…

• Zitat von Meik0: „Zitat von Lobram: „How is your response relevant to this thread? The OP is talking about after release (I bolded the text in your quote incase you missed it) not during beta. On topic though I agree to an extent - there should be some way to reallocate (at least some of) your LP/XP if your item is nerfed. Even if they had to obtain/buy/craft an item that would reallocate skill LP/XP (think orb of regret from PoE or skill extractors from EVE) at least being able to change and no…

• On the topic of Nerfs, the company showed its true colors way back in early Beta 1 with the way they DESTROYED the 1h curse staff. They take an item that is strong but build with a clear counter play option. (in that case it was cleanse / helm invincibility/ and ice block and reflect would make the curse staff literally 1-shot himself). When the general population is too stupid to use the counter it blows them up, when it gets countered the users is a free kill. But since the population is dumb …