Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 89.

• Amid all the backlash, I want to say thank you for always trying to do what is best for the game. I find it so disappointing that many players don't appreciate how open and honest you are being about this, and how awesome that is. With regards to the modified test, I think the concept is great, as it specifically targets the problem of overworld dominance. However, personally I feel that the numbers should be tuned just a little more aggressively, at least to begin with. Just like the ambitious …

• I guess I'll finally have to change my forum signature now. Congrats to the wiki team! I'm sad that I can't be a part of it like I used to, but I'll always be cheering you on! It makes me so happy to see how far this project has come. And to everyone else reading this: you can always help! Correcting a typo, or fixing incorrect info, or adding brand new info; all of these help out not just the wiki team, but every one of us players. I should know, I reference wiki pages all the time, including o…

• Suggestion to RD loot

Tilden - - Feedback & Suggestions

I really like the idea of guaranteeing that you get a certain amount when you see each rarity. However it's implemented, it would definitely help make the experience of getting higher rarity chests stand out.

• I 100% agree with the grouping system you're describing (50-size parties, friendly fire always enabled outside of parties), HOWEVER, breaking up alliances is still necessary and is the whole point of introducing mechanics that require splitting. A big part of the problem right now is that huge sections of the map have zero conflict because the inside territories of mega alliance empires are walled off from enemy players. If you open the world map in Alliance view, at any given point you will onl…

• Bumping for visibility

• @Deadrino The cluster queue takes a percentage of each group. Example 1: 300 vs 300, that's 600 total, AKA double the zone cap, so the queue allows 50% of each group to enter. 150 for each. Example 2: 300 vs (100 + 100 + 100), which is also 600 total, so again the queue allows 50% of each group. The big zerg gets 150, and each smaller zerg gets 50. 50+50+50 = 150, so even with alliance splitting it's still 150 vs 150. It has a couple extra rules and math to prevent tricking the queue with naked …

• I'm fully on board with the approach. Any change that actually addresses the issue is going to be disruptive because it's redefining such a big part of the game. Better to rip off the bandaid and figure it out quickly than to take ages moving cautiously while most of the player population continues to suffer. I also appreciate the strategic timing of doing this around a reset day, hopefully this will help us find the right solution even faster.

• Android tablet question

Tilden - - Mobile Version

I was getting the same error, the only thing that worked for me was installing from a computer using this method: reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…ndroid_via_adb_tools_may/

• Poll: Alliance Feature

I support friendly fire, and would welcome expanding party sizes and changing it so only party members have friendly fire immunity. This completely removes the game mechanic incentive to game the grouping system while still allowing small groups to band together against big ones. I even think that removing alliance color indicators is worth trying. This in essence makes the alliance system an in-game manager of NAPs and inter-guild communication. In other words, remove all alliance game mechanic…

• I found a successful workaround, but figured I'd post here to document it. Yesterday I tried to download and install the Android version on my phone (Moto X4 running fully updated Android 9, >5GB free space), but every time got an "App not installed" error. I tried a few different workarounds including unmounting and removing my SD card, using "App Manager" from the Play Store, and using an app signer. None of those worked. The only method that worked was installing via USB from my computer, as …

• Quote from PeteTong: “if you want to stop harassment to low Outlands you might as well stop it in Red zones as well ” This is a real concern but, now that there are no territories (and no hideouts either) in the Royals, maybe it won't be as big a problem. Outland guilds should have plenty to fight over with the season starting.

• Dev Talk: Hideouts

Tilden - - News & Announcements

Quote from Gank: “Take them off The mini and world maps for the love of God. Make people have to scout, and add a cluster message when a hideout is placed or vulnerabile. ” The more I think about it, the more I like this solution. Being able to police the entire Outlands from the world map just doesn't make sense, and guilds living in a zone should be combing the map often enough anyway just from gathering and random dungeons. If being able to keep out unwanted neighbors is important, I'd say th…

• Hey @Sinatra.SUN, just to throw some positivity into this thread, I think this is an awesome initiative and I wish everyone involved the best of luck. I may even bring this up with my alliance and try getting something similar for Merlyn's Rest as well! If that happens I'll be sure to let you know, and do some plugging for Arthur's House of Crafting.

• BZ cities

Tilden - - General Questions & Discussions

@Roccandil, the real problem with the alts argument is that it's NOT equivalent to business as usual in the Royals, or even the old Outlands. In the Royals (and old Outlands), playing on an alt is very beneficial to your main character because it's easy to transfer items and silver between cities/islands. In the new Outlands, having another character in the Royals is like having two separate main characters--they're separated by real distance, and it doesn't matter if you make money on the "alt"…

• BZ cities

Tilden - - General Questions & Discussions

To get back on topic: I think after another month or two it will become a lot clearer why the Outland Rests are so cut off. Because Roccandil is correct, right now there's no reason for a player that's invested in existing markets and islands to go out into the Outlands. But I don't think that's due to bad design, I think it's because the Outlands are still deserted, and because they are exactly intended to split certain groups of players off from everyone else. The Outlands are a collection of …

• Unit Collision

Neat in theory, but as others have said, comes with too many issues. A good alternative would be a small slow applied to blobs of players, increasing slightly with the size of the blob very much like the zerg debuff. However, it would affect all players counting toward the blob, adding a simple but impactful aspect to large open world engagements. Battle scouts would be more valuable if they can maneuver well, and it would be harder to disengage from a battle, leading to more decisive clashes an…

• This is true with MANY weapon types, and I fully support fixing it. It would add clarity and help these weapons feel more distinct.

• This is looking amazing! I'm seriously impressed! I can't wait to meet this brave new world. With so much emphasis on location-based conflict, are there any restrictions on how close together guild hideouts can be? Might we see feuds between two guilds located in the same zone? Can an alliance blanket control a zone with several hideouts?

• Hey, that's awesome! Really approachable guide, covers pretty much everything in easy to understand language!

• Updated the wiki Style Guide to clarify that all pages should use American spelling of words (rather than British spelling). For extra reading, see: en.oxforddictionaries.com/spelling/british-and-spelling