Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

• Gathering and Crafting

rujind - - Feedback & Suggestions

I like the game's PVE and PVP content, but gathering and crafting are incredibly bland. Most of my issue is with gathering, as at the very least crafting is fast. I should preface this by saying that I didn't fully understand the learning point system when I first started playing, or at least I didn't expect to eventually need so many points with such a slow regen time. Truthfully I think that learning points should be split into two types; combat and economy, possibly even a 3rd type specifical…

• I don't know exactly how much impact it will make, but I'd like to believe that the silver and fame reductions would prevent players from joining mega alliances, so in theory their numbers would decline over time, even if it is slowly. Sure it doesn't affect the ones that have been there all along and are already rich and leveled to max. And maybe it shouldn't. But it would be hard to recruit max leveled/rich players since those are pretty much always going to already belong to a different estab…

• Quote from Tabor: “I know a ton of people in zergs that are already getting fed up with constant CTA demands and just don't bother logging in anymore. SBI should consider making terri fights every 72 hours instead of every damn day. Activity is dropping off quick. ” I agree that there should never be content that forces you to play every single day. It should be at least 48 hours for sure. Having to do the same thing every time you log in gets old. Having a variety that enables players to experi…

• Even with disarray or an alliance cap, can't guilds and alliances just keep players outside queued up for the zone to eventually defeat the normal sized guild because the normal sized guild probably won't have anyone queued up to enter the zone? So numbers would still win regardless? Everytime a zerg member dies, another gets queued in. Even with an alliance cap, guilds would still remain "allied" and prompt one another to attack other guilds at certain times. Zerg force one died? Send in zerg f…

• Quote from Rygol: “The only way, that I believe at least, is if they introduce more black zone maps/clusters to the outlands ” Please God no. A major reason UO died for me so fast is because the world was already too big for the population size before they even started adding expansions. It just made the game feel more and more dead the bigger it got.

• How might Battle Royal work in a game with the holy trinity?

• Solodungeons

You're getting ganked because you're going in the first portal in the first zone you go to. That's where 99% of the ganking happens. Go to further away zones, and try to go into portals in the corners of the map and not near the zone entrances. The world is HUGE. It's pretty easy to avoid players.

• I'm very appreciative of the honesty from the staff. I don't really care too much about the backtrack since it's less of a backtrack and more of just tackling the issue from a different angle. If they were just cancelling the plan without having another one ready, I'd be disappointed. We all know what the goal here is - to make the game more balanced and to detract from the concept of the mega-alliance. We all know that there are multiple ways to do this, and it makes sense to try and figure out…

• Quote from Theat: “Quote from rujind: “Quote from Sinatra.SUN: “This is the trammel dilemma all over one step away from making a copy of the outlands, call them inlands , make them non pvp and give it a portal from caerlon ” As much as I hate what I'm about to say, UO staff has claimed time and time again that the introduction of Trammel was incredibly well received and it drastically improved subscription numbers and player retention. ” Yet it killed the essence of the game, and ultimately dest…

• Quote from Sinatra.SUN: “This is the trammel dilemma all over one step away from making a copy of the outlands, call them inlands , make them non pvp and give it a portal from caerlon ” As much as I hate what I'm about to say, UO staff has claimed time and time again that the introduction of Trammel was incredibly well received and it drastically improved subscription numbers and player retention.

• Quote from Voltel: “Quote from rujind: “What is some people's obsession with this change coming "mid season?" Is this your first MMO? There is no such thing as a perfect time for changes. I always hated in terribly unbalanced World of Warcraft that a new raid tier or PVP season would launch, and some classes/specs would be so underpowered that they wouldn't be invited to groups. And Blizzard had some idiotic method of taking WEEKS OR MONTHS to fix the tiniest things. I've watched people have to …

• No other "season" based game makes changes mid season?

• What is some people's obsession with this change coming "mid season?" Is this your first MMO? There is no such thing as a perfect time for changes. I always hated in terribly unbalanced World of Warcraft that a new raid tier or PVP season would launch, and some classes/specs would be so underpowered that they wouldn't be invited to groups. And Blizzard had some idiotic method of taking WEEKS OR MONTHS to fix the tiniest things. I've watched people have to wait entire expansions for necessary cha…

• Some people seem to be worried about having to remove inactive guild members for the 300 guild/alliance member limit, so here's an idea to help combat that issue. -Any member offline for 7 days gets flagged as inactive. -Inactive members do not contribute to member count -If an inactive member logs in, they retain their guild tag but may not enter the black zone until they either become reinstated as a member (which must be done by someone with the privilege setting), or they leave the guild. Be…

• Suggestions To Help Game

Just came here to say that Everquest is alive as fuck, FYI.

• Quote from BruceLiChong: “It's funny how I see people complain the game will lose so many players over this shit, are mad about it happening mid season. BUT AT THE SAME TIME They say it won't change anything or even that it will be beneficial to mega-alliances and bad to small entities. Pick one, seriously... Also, these people are acting like they care about new players when they are the very ones making most new players quit due to overly zerg-ganking everybody at the portals, including some r…

• Chicken Viability

rujind - - Beginner's Questions

Er, im pretty sure all livestock requires 10 food to produce anything. Do yourself a favor and click on a chicken, open your inventory, and shift click the food just like you do when you want to dump stuff into your bank or salvage/study. Edit: also are you premium? It cuts production time in half, from 44 hours to 22 hours. There is also an arrow you can click on the chicken window for more info.

• Why do people keep suggesting keeping alliances but adding friendly fire? Doesn't adding friendly fire potentially do the same thing - make alliances pointless thus removing them from the game? And what of the smaller allied guilds? Is it really a good idea to put them into the position of friendly fire? Or am I missing something? And truthfully I don't see how friendly fire is even going to stop larger alliances, they already bypass it by flanking their enemies. I seriously doubt any mega allia…

• Chicken Viability

rujind - - Beginner's Questions

If you feed an adult chicken you should be getting eggs 100% of the time.

• Poll: Alliance Feature

What would prevent guilds from creating alts to bring in to kill for defender points? It was mentioned that points could be related to the IP of the defeated player, but it is my understanding that there are guilds out there that would have no problem affording high IP gear to sacrifice for points to keep a territory.