Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 335.

• Quote from Lofthild: “The game is a touted as a "MMORPG sandbox", and yet as a PvE player or gatherer you're only safe until T5 zones, which is the last tier of safe zones, as T6 - T8 zones are full-loot PvP. Why is that the case? To me it seems the forced PvP of T6+ zones is just there to uphold the illusion(especially for SBI) that the game: - Is a sandbox with PvP focus and - People actually want to play no opt-out PvP when they just want to gather or PvE Someone in a reddit thread put it bes…

• It has been nearly a month since my last confession and for this, peasants of Albion, I am sorry. The queen update has seen its ups and downs. The war torn regions of the out lands have been in flux with alliances rising and falling, and non aggression pacts being formed to adjust to the new realities of large scale battles. I remain in Blue Army, but even we have changed. Many of our former allies are now our enemies, attacking us in areas that we once considered safe. Meanwhile, the royal land…

• Quote from Eternalhaze: “Wondering how you'd find this update if you weren't in BA - considering Queen update caters so heavily to zvz focused guilds and SQUAD is one of the strongest zvz alliances. ” To say that I am not benefiting @Eternalhaze from being in BA would be a lie. All one has to do is look at how many territories we own (90 of this morning) to know that my alliance of Squak is making things a lot safer for me. That being said, I do the majority of my game play as a solo player outs…

• Quote from Grimhawke-EB: “Quote from Blackboa: “My impressions of the Queen Update so far are very positive. After joining Blue Army shortly before the update, content has been plentiful and on a daily basis. The hideout wars that are occurring both in our own defense and our alliances defense as well as our offensive strategies to destroy our enemy's hideouts has led to constant calls to action and PvP. This has been tremendous fun, but has come at a cost of a tremendous amount of my personal w…

• My impressions of the Queen Update so far are very positive. After joining Blue Army shortly before the update, content has been plentiful and on a daily basis. The hideout wars that are occurring both in our own defense and our alliances defense as well as our offensive strategies to destroy our enemy's hideouts has led to constant calls to action and PvP. This has been tremendous fun, but has come at a cost of a tremendous amount of my personal wealth. Regarding wealth, I believe it has gotten…

• Quick reasons why: 1). Would encourage additional faction PvP 2). People miss their Warcamp / Territory Banks in Red Zone 3). No hideouts in red zones, could encourage use of Faction base as mini bases throughout the map Just a thought. Let me know yours. Gotta go to work peace!

• Says test server is down for maintenance. Is this the case for everyone else?

• The Filthy Casuals are currently in Eternal Slumber. I have bended the knee to Blue Army.

• Peasants of Albion, In case you hadn't noticed, Blackboa, under the in game alias of HeadmasterBoa, has returned to the lands of Albion Online in anticipation of the Queen update that will be hitting live servers in a short 4 days. I will chronicle my escapades through this blog thread. May you all find love, peace, and prosperity as this new world of Albion comes to our doorstep. Be safe out there!

• Staging server still shows an error

• You raise some good concerns that many people also raised during my stream yesterday. To give more clarity on the subject of cheating; 1. There will be no individual recognition in terms of a reward or a leader-board at the end of the season, so there is no incentive in cheating (I understand some people still might) 2. The purpose of the league is to establish a baseline in which we can compare and strive to beat as a group against future seasons. We will do this by having one guild for all har…

• Sup Jake, Glad you are interested in the concept. Best way to reach me is when I am live streaming the content, but you can also reach me on my discord and I can get you invited into the guild which will keep track of all the activities of those participating in the Hardcore Season 1. My stream link is twitch.tv/blackboa My discord link is discord.gg/49AbNkV If you join via discord, just private message me and we can discuss further there.

• Hello adventurers both new and old of Albion Online, Today I am announcing the start of the Hardcore League within Albion Online that will coincide with the timing of the seasonal leagues already established in Albion. The first season of the Hardcore League will begin on October 10th and will include the following rules: 1. No premium status 2. No playing the gold / silver market 3. No expeditions (only open world fame farms) 4. No use of player auction house, black market, or guild auction hou…

• @Nightsky thanks for your response and to answer your question, you have to take all of the details of my post to see why a server wipe would work because we would be changing the entire rule set of the game to bring it back to how it was like in the "Golden Age" which was the Beta's. Where you see Albion as an MMORPG that should not be wiped, I think time has proven that Albion should be considered a Survival MMORPG. Look at how popular games like Rust are. People can't wait for a server wipe t…

• @Stormlord I agree with you on the Gimmick part. Instead of making a definitive decisions and making a long term solution, Albion continues to seek short term gimmicks instead of taking a step back and truly identifying the problem of why retention is so poor and why getting new and old players is so hard.

• Quote from Fusionbomb: “Quote from Blackboa: “Why is it that many people get nostalgia and feel that the game was best back in the beta days? ” Because the game was new and everyone was on a similar learning curve. Every time a DAoC freeshard server launches, there's lots of hype and a big population... until it dies off again after a few months. Nostalgia is a helluva drug. ” @Fusionbomb You are right that hype dies down eventually in all new fresh start servers, but that is why you make the se…

• Quote from Wadefu: “Quote from Blackboa: “The truth of the matter is, Albion is a Seasonal Game and should have a separate Seasonal Server that wipes regularly. ” I think you are stuck in a state of nostalgia. When you first touched this new game and sunk so many hours into it no matter if it was actually bad or good, your feeling is that of nostalgia. Now you have it engraved that if you don't get that feeling again that the game will never be playable. It's more of changing your frame of mind …

• Quote from Captainrussia: “splitting the demographics (which are already low)... worst idea ever... didn't even read anything past that... This is not RUST or Ark or Fortnite/PUBG. Monthly/quartely/yearly server wipes are bad for a true MMO... Plus look at EVE Online - 12+ years still going, without a single wipe... ” @Captainrussia I can understand your concern about splitting the demographics, however, I do believe more people have left Albion than are currently playing. Even if you get a smal…

• Quote from toorlye: “Obviously, farming fame every 6 months is the pain in the neck. Players spend lot of time in game, for what? For making same things after 6 months? Again and again. And again. Everyone got chance to change own build, everyone has a chance to win the fight, using his brain and hands, position and enemy's mistakes. Please, dont make these fu#ckin wipes. Its pretty hard to boost every single weapon and equipment to limits and its freakin awesome ” Please see point 9. Obviously …

• NOTE: This is my suggestion on how to get OLD players to play the game again as it appears the target audience for this post excluded people who already quit. @Eltharyon thank you for this Roadmap update. I haven't played Albion in quite some time and I believe there are a lot of veteran players who haven't played either who are continuing to watch the development in the hopes that we can come back someday. Unfortunately, these changes are not gonna do it. All I saw for your target audience was …