Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 25.

• Quote from DrMemo: “Quote from DemiSnipe: “Quote from DrMemo: “I read somewhere that it will done in 29 April ” Do you have the link from where you saw that? ” No, I just google what happened and it say so ” Maybe TestFlight is different but several App Store review sites put the average review time at 48h, with several indicating a 24h turnaround from Apple.

• @Talion, @Elsa any updates on the iOS client?

• I use it almost every day at this point on my iPad. Think the chat is one of the main sore points. Combat could also be a bit more fluid, but it isn’t terrible for casual grind.

• Quote from SilentD: “so today it witnessed something, that defies logic. The silver to gold ratio was sitting at 22 to 1 for apporx 5 hours straight. Then ..... The servers opened for veteran players to log in, and at that exact minute the supply of silver increased by a huge amount moving it to 27 to 1 within seconds. How is that possible? Thousands of new players with 0 silver enter the game at 13.00, and at 13.01 the supply of silver on the market increases by a huge amount? Unless silver is …

• Quote from Derrick: “This turned into a like thread? ” Not sure it would qualify as such :-] PS: Good GvG and decent music choice for once GRR

• Who is envy?

• Was this in royals? If not, looked as easy as a gvg there..

• Although I think the reputation system needs a big royal kick in the arse, I wanted to show my sympathy for those who point out that part of the problem here comes down to a game design flaw in how players are progressing through the zones. Or, more accurately, are staying in red zones as opposed to going to low level black zones. In my opinion that's the much bigger offender that needs some serious thought @Korn. Simply put, and as otherwise was stated countless times before this patch rolled o…

• Nice fights. Thanks for recording and sharing the vids. Keep’em coming

• Arcane is not a traditional peel class. If however you want to play it as such you'd probably want to pack frazle in your W, a witchwork staff, a suitable offhand, and a cloth chest. Enigmatic is very strong, but there are many counters to it, especially in the melee ranks, in lines like mace, hammer, and swords. Don't get me wrong, I love playing arcane, and it was by far my favorite build last beta. It's just not as OP anymore, and I don't think this specific change is the way to fix it.

• I don't think the purge was too strong by itself. The projectile is slow and has a displacement (knock back) effect to it, that hinders your team's ability to land a significant number of skill shots if played poorly. Reading between the lines, I believe the main issue at hand was the fact that this specific effect made arcane, and a specific build in arcane, too predicable and desirable of a spec to have in a GvG team. AoE purge still exists in the game, and arguably in a more desirable form, g…

• Today's patch of Galahad seems to have finally taken a look at Arcane's motivating cleanse spell, which prior to this patch used to give the target a flat 46% 5 seconds speed buff in addition to removing negative effects from allies in close range. Today's patch reduces the speed buff to a flat 20%. While I understand the need to tame mobility as a whole, I feel like this specific change makes little to no sense for multiple reasons: 1. Arcane is inherently a support role with little to no DPS w…

• Similar to gathering gear, which as presented made it sound like it unnecessarily removed emphasis on combat and made multi gathering less ideal, this very much sounds like another great idea gone bad. Though, just like in that case, I'll refrain from passing final judgement until more is known and some hard data is available. The general idea of having an NPC take you to an instance seems great. It would however be even greater if one actually had to leave the city as to stop perpetuating the Q…

• @Axolot Only one zone in the 5 UTC timeframe? Seem there should be 2-3 in the 4-5 range for those of us who play at that time

• Quote from Korn: “Hi all, we have been thinking a lot about the discussion. What if we did the following in black zones: - Remove the guards and guard towers from black zones. Replace guard tower with a "shield" tower - Leaving a city: You already get the zone change bubble, and hence should be able to avoid most gate camps - Entering a city: if you enter the guard tower circle, and you are not an outlaw, and your zone change buff is not on cooldown, you will get a short duration zone change buf…

• Since developers decided to push out the release to perfect the game, this has been the first video that has not left me pumped and eager to try out the new content. Quite on the contrary, and to much of my dismay, the first thought that came to mind was "Did they lock the designers and developers working on the content for the previous videos in a closet somewhere? Are we back to the mindset that lead to Final Beta?" First and foremost, there is simply not enough data or evidence to pass judgem…

• @FlufferPope I'd be very happy to give this a try in black zones only for now. The mechanics of outlaw in non black zones is certainly in need of some love, but that's a topic for another discussion

• Huge kudos to Benedict for starting a thread on such an important topic. As fluffer mentioned, this type of pvp subtracts from Albion and is a huge net loss both short and long term. That said, I'm not a fan of the proposed solution to remove the towers and circle. I don't think they bring anything bad to the equation by themselves. In fact, if my memory doesn't fail me, some of the language around their introduction had to do with the fact that in their absence there is too narrow of a path in …

• Quote from molleth: “Quote from Korn: “the issue with fame for PvP is that it can be abused. [...] Now, assume that this PvP fame would count as combat fame for the destiny board progression (though only in situation where the victims gear has a chance of trashing, i.e. in red and black zones). What we essentially would do with this is create a way to turn gear into combat fame. This can - and would be - used to level up PvE skills quickly, using an alt and gear that you buy of the market place.…

• Yep. The main reason why I started the thread is to voice the underlying concern regarding the lack of destiny board progression in PvP, which in turn makes the game less enjoyable over time for all sorts of reasons. I'm not sure if adding new lines, as opposed to solving the underlying problem, makes things any better. It may just add to the grind you need to do, and AO is already pretty heavy handed on the grinding side of things if you stick to one character. @Korn Would you have any thoughts…