Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 39.

• There's no point to melee in this game.

Acoustic - - Rants

Quote from Roccandil: “Robes are supposed to be the best for damage, with the best abilities for DPS, melee or ranged. If you want to DPS, yes, you should probably be wearing a robe, except for specialized builds. ” So a crossbow puts on a robe and oneshots a sword wearing a robe before the sword even gets close enough to attack. The sword puts on Leather to try to get a mix of defense and attack, gets taken down to 90% of their health instead of instadead, and then hits like a wet noodle with n…

Acoustic - - Rants

Quote from Captainrussia: “I think your biggest problem with understanding how DMG is dealt/mitigated is lack of spec. You have 10 mil PVE fame, correct? That is pretty low (especially if its split b/w multiple nodes), which probably means that everyone you hit - who has higher spec's gets a lot of DMG mitigation, and your low(er) spec's don't hit hard enough. Again - not trying to put you down, but trying to explain and help. Try focusing on 1 weapon and at least get everything to 70-70-70-70 ”…

Acoustic - - Rants

Quote from Captainrussia: “Here is a pretty mediocre video of me on a Bloodletter and in Leather (this was before the BL E-skill nerf to 25 sec), doing solo PVP (while PVE'ing roaming mobs in OW) when I was a pretty bad PVP'er and I was still starting out (posted almost 1.5 yrs ago now). Actually this is the first solo PVP video I ever released. As you can see, I don't really have issues staying on target, even on ranged targets and landing my Q's. And I was pretty bad back then. ” Seems like ev…

Acoustic - - Rants

Quote from Captainrussia: “While all this time multiple and multiple buffs to cloth armors. Mage robe completely buffed and re-designed (I don't even remember what the old ability was, it was so useless, but now its a hot topic in every "its OP item" discussion). Cleric Cawl got buffed - and I agree that having an item with 0 counters in a game makes no sense. Cloth armor CC resist got buffed. Force Field actually got buffed (the range on it used to be shitty). ” My main issue with Mage Robe is …

Acoustic - - Rants

Quote from FriendlyFire: “I mean, there's gotta be a price to pay for a huge AoE massive damage ability. Brimstone is similar and it takes even longer to hit as well as having a cast time (advantage being no charges required). Also you can't just dismiss the carving sword like that. It's damage is decent, no not the most, but the AoE massive armor shred more than makes up for it. That is super strong. Plus, it's more mobility. ” Craving Sword is almost an exception because it's one of the few ca…

Acoustic - - Rants

Quote from Captainrussia: “1) First of all - as some people pointed out, looking at just armors is not a good way in a "class-less MMO". Looking at combinations of Armors + Weapons is better, but still not good enough... ” The problem (you mentioned that you use leather) is that most leather is absolute garbage for just about any character build in the game. Cloth not only gives you massive damage boosts that are absurd, but they also have bar-none the best abilities in the game for both melee a…

Acoustic - - Rants

Quote from Owlsane: “Quote from Acoustic: “I don't PVP in this game, I do almost exlcusively arenas. ” And that's why your're entitled to tell us that melee is shit in this game? If people bring the pvp fame to the table is because it's a good indicator of the guy's implication in the pvp and game knowledge overall. Hilarious tho that melee allows you to take 1vs n+1 fights way more easier than any ranged dps. You have quite the proof on yt with the omnipresence of melee videos for gvg's, openwo…

Acoustic - - Rants

Quote from Fusionbomb: “galas are arguably one of the best and most efficient weps in a zvz but please, enlighten us all to what else you've learned during your 1.4m killfame albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboa…rs/s9_YD6OMRValXA1MHMq8RA ” I don't PVP in this game, I do almost exlcusively arenas. Are you going to try to tell me that PVP fame is an indication of anything in this game? The second you bring up somebody's PVP fame as an argument you lost, because you're not addressing anything and are ins…

Acoustic - - Rants

Quote from Fusionbomb: “i disagree with pretty much everything u wrote ” Good for you. That doesn't change anything. Leather is still worthless, the abilities are weak and losing 30% of your damage isn't worth going from taking 54 damage an arrow to 46 damage an arrow. Ranged DPS is an absolute requirement, while Melee is just a thing you use when you can't fill a slot. Quote from Owlsane: “The title is enough for me to tell you that you're completely and objectively wrong ” And yet I've never o…

Acoustic - - Rants

I've tried to make these posts multiple times and I just get frustrated. I feel like a lot of it is based on my limited experience or knowledge, but when I see so much of the game tilted in one direction I can't help but wonder why. Albion isn't a game system that allows me to casually test out such extreme differences in power under a variety of circumstances, so my opinion is always going to be biased by my experience. 1) Cloth is way, way more powerful than other armors. Leather Armor, for th…

• Quote from Bifek: “Im new to the game and im interested in dual sword, my friends told me that they arent good for pve (i want them for pvp but also for pve) and i should do sth else. I want to ask you for final decision. Is it worth to do dual sword for pve? Or should i do sth else? ” No. It's E is a 20 Second CD that doesn't do very much damage compared to other options that is countered by basically anything that will not only remove all 3 stacks but do zero damage and put the skill on cooldo…

• Quote from ValentinaClaudia: “well i think if an alliance has many territors,it should be to the other alliances/guilds/players to join up and attack the biggest alliance ” That obviously doesn't do anything. Do you really think the reason that most of the territories in the game are only owned by a couple of alliances is because nobody else is trying? These groups are amassing 500-700 players effortlessly to steamroll any form of opposition, aren't fighting each other, and the second you even r…

• Quote from Gerrit: “Quote from Hollywoodi: “the tons of disincentive was proposed long time ago often .. - increased trash rate based on assist vs small / ungriuped - exponentially food increase per hideout ) terrie - season points divided by player in alliance - tax based on total players in Alliance - decreased move speed based on total players in zone of same group / Alliance - limit total amount of terries someone can own and incentive for the best terries - friendly fire outside groups - li…

• Right now you can own dozens of territories and if nobody can match you in ZvZ due to sheer numbers nothing can stop you and you spiral out of control: we're watching this happen right now which makes it look like Queen has failed in it's promise. Many people are suggesting compounding food costs, removing alliances, upgrading the disarray buff, or capping how many territories a guild can hold as some kind of solution. What if your territories (or even hideouts) had a PVE threat that scaled base…

• What if disarray was reworked (or a new debuff)) and was cluster-wide, like zones within 3 of yours in any direction? Just a thought, but that would make it harder for alliances to just pack a thousand people in their zone or have multiple huge alliance hideouts near each other and would require them to spread out more which stretches resources thinner? Like if you have 200+ Alliance Members within zones of you your overall power is diminished on top of the normal disarray debuff? And this is pe…

• Quote from MadSkillzDLR: “Gatherin sucks atm, there is no denying. ” Hopefully this means that Gathering Dungeons are coming.

• Really upsets me this stat was removed.

• I was really surprised they haven't tried to put in a Battle Royale mode yet, but with their end of the year survey they mentioned a Battle Royale-type game mode a few times. Albion is perfect for this type of game mode. All your abilities is tied to your weapon and 3 pieces of armor and there could be a lot of strategy involved with understanding your weapon and putting together an effective build out of random stuff. It would also solve Solo/Small PVP needs. If they make a decent Battle Royale…

• I mean, duels exist. And those are incredibly unbalanced as is. I don't see how anybody who actually plays this game could think it's a good idea when most of the game is, "Oh, you don't have the required thing to counter me? I win instantly." I'd be amazed if anybody entered not wearing a Robe.

• Daggers in general need some QOL upgrades in general. The Q spells are lacking. Sunder Armor is decent but it's amazing how it has a shorter reach than your auto-attack and it's nearly impossible to land even when mashing the button on a target that's moving. Why it doesn't slow is beyond me as kiting is one of the major weaknesses of the entire line (in contrast to say the Sword's Q stack which gives you movement and attack speed). Same thing with Assassin's Spirit: it's a hard timing ability t…