Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 563.

• Quote from Snippa: “Quote from Roccandil: “Quote from Neef: “Guys use your brains, They want guilds to LIVE in the blackzone, You need t2 and t3 mats to refine anything else higher up, They put t2 and t3 in the blackzone so guilds wouldnt need to go to the blue zones which are starter zones just so they can refine mats, This way you can truely live in the blackzone without returning to the royals....So please no do not change the way it is. ” I agree with your reasoning, but if the developers re…

• @OP, I agree. The defensives, even passives, that somehow lock you in are really silly (I'm looking at you, pest lizard!).

• Outposts get you stuck, which is bad. I do think if public hideouts survive around them, and provide crafting stations, the outposts could be a good place for solo or small groups to at least base in the Outlands.

• Quote from Neef: “Guys use your brains, They want guilds to LIVE in the blackzone, You need t2 and t3 mats to refine anything else higher up, They put t2 and t3 in the blackzone so guilds wouldnt need to go to the blue zones which are starter zones just so they can refine mats, This way you can truely live in the blackzone without returning to the royals....So please no do not change the way it is. ” I agree with your reasoning, but if the developers really wanted guilds to live in the Outlands,…

• Dev Talk: Hideouts

Roccandil - - News & Announcements

Quote from Fred_the_Barbarian: “I mean, if your guild's size is less than a full party, why do you feel entitled to having a hideout in the black zone? ” Because the developers gave the impression that hideouts were to help small guilds.

• In this case, I was thinking of people who had stopped playing outright, but decided to come back and try Queen. Either way, the point is that Queen has significantly (if temporarily) increased the game's population, and thus that is a variable affecting the gathering ecosystem.

• Quote from solventh: “Quote from Roccandil: “Seems like many "dormant" players came back for this update, so even if the gathering system hadn't changed at all, I'd expect zones to be cleared more rapidly, and gatherers to find less than usual. ” not dormant. just "casual." ” Mmm... veteran players who stopped playing because reasons, and then started up again because new content, would you call them casual?

• Seems like many "dormant" players came back for this update, so even if the gathering system hadn't changed at all, I'd expect zones to be cleared more rapidly, and gatherers to find less than usual.

• BZ cities

Roccandil - - General Questions & Discussions

Quote from Captainrussia: “its getting old pretty fast ” Ya, it's getting old. Quote from Captainrussia: “Its fun to watch you advocate for newbies and in the same post basically say "so what" in regards to new players. Zerging in Royals represents a small opportunity cost - especially after you all here advocate for "free naked travel anytime". Literally zero opportunity cost. Press 1 button to teleport - regear (press another button), wipe newbs, strip naked and portal back to t8 BZ 9 zones de…

• Quote from Neef: “People are attacking HIDESOUT BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO ATTACK IN THE FUCKING BACK ZONE RIGHT NOW ” It's easy to destroy them because they light up on the map instantly, and in their first stage they have no regen, nor do they allow anyone inside to bank sets for defense. Even if there were nothing else to do in the Outlands, the following change would make it far harder to destroy a new hideout: - Does not appear on the map until it has regen and a working interior (lor…

• Quote from Neef: “How do you know? ” As I stated in the other thread, I've already been part of destroying many new hideouts for small guilds (and I'm not in a big alliance). It's incredibly easy to do.

• Quote from Neef: “How do you know? ” Because I've already been part of crunching those same hideouts, precisely because they were so easy to spot. A new one pops up, we instantly spot it while already out zerging: bam, new hideout of small guild gone. That will discourage anyone not in a big alliance from playing in the Outlands (even though hideouts were ostensibly added to allow small guilds to get a foothold).

• BZ cities

Quote from Neef: “It will make the royals easy to zerg, ” So what? What's there to zerg in royals that would be more important than zerging in the Outlands? Zerging in the royals represents a huge opportunity cost. You're solving a small problem by introducing a big one. I would much rather err on the side of allowing too much access to royal zones than allowing too little to the Outlands. Furthermore, your solution to the problem does nothing to stop alts. All you've done is make life harder fo…

• @Neef, That doesn't solve the problem of hideout construction being instantly visible to someone relaxing in a royal city. By definition, small guilds won't have huge zergs to defend them, so it won't take much for a big alliance to crunch a new hideout in their zone of control. And this idea I've seen that small guilds need to be diplomatic is nuts. All that really means is that small guilds can only play in the Outlands if allowed to by the big alliances. Great gameplay model, that. Way to hel…

• BZ cities

Quote from Captainrussia: “On top of that - alts help SBI with revenue (this should not be a secret)... while naked fast travel does not (unless they make it cost 300k/day - as stated above). ” You amaze me with your penny-wise, pound-foolish analysis. Favoring vets with alts over new players damages the new player progression stream. New players eventually become vets, but only if they stay! So, sure, SBI can get some quick cash inordinately empowering players who prem up multiple toons/account…

• Quote from Keegers: “Essentially: "I want a safe place for me and my handful of friends to play with ourselves" Maybe instead of participating in the initial land rush you do your due diligence and scout for the best spot for your small group. You can also hide them in the far corners of certain maps which makes them pretty hard to see at first glance. Get smarter instead of complaining on day2. Updates still fresh wait and see how things shake out long term. ” A hideout is a safe place, yes. Th…

• Quote from Zorke: “The fact that they are visible on the open world map, in zone map, and mini map are extremely vulnerable to heavy zerg sizes. ” Yep. If a big guild or alliance wants to have the exclusive privilege of owning a hideout in an area, they should have to work to scout for competition. After all, they have the numbers to do it. The barrier to entry to hideouts is simply far too high.

• BZ cities

@Neef, to elaborate, have you ever heard of this thing called an alt? (Arcane, I know! ) The denial of naked fast travel may be quantified as empowering those with alts. People with such alts can station a powerful toon at a hideout, and a powerful toon in the royals, and have everything naked fast travel would provide. (I note that big guilds and veteran players are the most likely to have such alts.) Implementing naked fast travel as I've described would, however, devalue those same powerful a…

• BZ cities

Quote from Neef: “Quote from Roccandil: “Quote from Neef: “Set your home when your in your hideout suicide boom your at your farm ” No need to suicide: just have a travel planner allowing naked fast travel anywhere in the royals. That would be excellent for the game (as already described). ” The point of queen is to get big guilds away from royals....This is why naked travel will never happen.....Get over it, Only option would be to allow naked travel from BZ cities or Hideouts to your island an…

• So you like instant, automatic intelligence removing the need to do actual scouting? Interesting. Scouting for hideout construction is the kind of horse-riding simulator I could support.