Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 184.

• Game died in a matter of a couple days

Erika - - Rants

Yeah, the problem is they designed a bad game. Its not even the technical issues, lets look at the game assuming it actually functioned well, people were able to connect, large fights did not result in bad performance, etc. What we are still left with is a game designed to have open world fights, which actively funnels players away from those activities. Both by making things like territory control fights on timers making the large scale fights (one of the main strengths of a pvp mmo) over warca…

• Quote from Teech: “Quote from Erika: “The dedicated chest farmer in my guild reported around 200k an hour. This was red zone chests, in a zone he was very experienced in and knew all the potential spawn locations. He also took some time finding the perfect zone, things like no camps near hills for example, which are far more dangerous than ones on even ground. (i myself have camped on top of hills with a chest in view waiting for some chest farmer to come so i could gank them while they fight, f…

• The dedicated chest farmer in my guild reported around 200k an hour. This was red zone chests, in a zone he was very experienced in and knew all the potential spawn locations. He also took some time finding the perfect zone, things like no camps near hills for example, which are far more dangerous than ones on even ground. (i myself have camped on top of hills with a chest in view waiting for some chest farmer to come so i could gank them while they fight, fighting mobs is more dangerous than ga…

• Quote from MasterZedX: “WANNABE LEAGUE OF LEGENDS ESPORT CONCEPT OF 5v5 EVENTS IN AN OPEN WORLD GAME. ” I dont understand why they would go through the trouble of making an open world game and then try to push instanced 5v5 so hard. As an mmo i think it should encourage grouping, but honestly the 5v5 things have no buisness being in an mmo at all, they are basically minigames, and thus far we have an empty mmo with a heavy focus on minigames. The concept is fundamentally contrary to an mmo.

• Nerfing one of the few things people enjoy doing in a game with so little content is surely a great idea.

• Given that chest farming was one of the main ways people amassed silver fortunes nerfing it now is a pretty big hit to any new player

• Would really only be a good idea if they prevent people from being able to queue as a group. Otherwise it will become something only for premade groups and whats the point of not just doing hellgates then?

• 100% trash rate Alternatively the game auto-distributes similar to the way DAOCs looting worked.

• Silver

Erika - - General Questions & Discussions

chests in red zones or just transporting stuff back and forth between caer and sterling

• Quote from Valde: “Quote from Erika: “This is what alliances are for. Join one with territory, help them defend them. If you put together a gvg team then ask for help. I dont know how all alliances work but ours last week a small guild asked for help taking a war camp and people showed up, and then they got that territory with their gvg team, and then in following days people showed up to defend it with them. That you need both large scale forces and small scale teams to control territory is pre…

• This is what alliances are for. Join one with territory, help them defend them. If you put together a gvg team then ask for help. I dont know how all alliances work but ours last week a small guild asked for help taking a war camp and people showed up, and then they got that territory with their gvg team, and then in following days people showed up to defend it with them. That you need both large scale forces and small scale teams to control territory is pretty obviously by design, it wouldn't b…

• /w enter theirname enter what you want to say enter It may currently be broken as chat is screwed and island transportation is broken and expeditions are broken and everything else is broken so maybe whispering is too. I cant test it since nobody i know is currently online since they have all already quit :^)

• Quote from Finalhecate: “Rep system. create main with max alt. lvl to t4 on each [friend said 1-2days], reach dreaded, switch to alt, reach dreaded switch to alt, reach dreaded switch to alt.. wait for decay.. repeat ^,^ ” Thats a side effect of alts existing, not a reason for them to exist. If they intended the system to be so easily circumvented they wouldn't have bothered implementing it in the way it currently is. Its an element of the mechanics that got inadvertently destabilized when they …

• Quote from HellraizerHHH: “ 1. Why do other characters on your account not have learning points or account bonus..? It seems like a mobile game (of which Ive worked on numerous) where it wants to try and nickle and dime you for things that should be standard. This becomes more apparent with buying Gold in game that you can convert to silver, to purchase items in game... While not exactly Pay 2 Win, it basically is. It doesnt take long to skill up to use something outside of your level range. At …

• wait all day for warcamp lag at warcamp and die fight over before i get back have to wait another day to try and have fun again

• Quote from RockLobster: “Quote from AcOrP: “The only real endgame content is HGs and GvGs(which are locked to 1% of the top tier guilds) ” This is just about the only point you make that I agree with. 1.) The barrier to entry for non-Yellow Hellgates is just way too high. No one takes you unless you're in 6.1 flat... and if you go in wearing anything else, you're basically just fodder for whatever top end guild you run into. 2.) Albion has focused most of its competitive playstyles around 5v5...…

• Quote from rHIL: “Hey it actually could be fun. You gathering something - someone attack and chase you. You throw shiny items on ground ( T x.1/2/3 "nodes") the attacker can see those items on ground. He will take them, and maybe think it is enough and stop chasing you? I know we have to much lag already. And this could potentially (because of to many players throw items on ground) crush servers, but just could be fun;p I wish (I know this is not possible) there where some RP ganking. Not mindle…

• Its not just legit, its encouraged! Buy two! Better yet get more accounts, have dozens! Its what the devs want

• >1% Well really, its alliances that hold territory, there is surely a reason they are not limited. If you look at the teritory control mechanics its clear what they were going for, they wanted a system where both small scale and large scale combat was important. So you need small scale combat for the gvg, but you need large scale combat for the warcamp. Teritory gives you a safe place to go, but you still have to leave it to do things, so you still need bodies patrolling and defending vs agresso…

• Quote from Dygenn: “I am having tons of fun. I created a brand new character on Friday after deleting EVERYTHING I had created before. Totally a hardcore lumberjack. He has a T4.2 weapon, T5 gathering gear a T5 axe, and rides a fast horse while gathering. Five adept houses full of laborers on my island. All since starting from zero on a premium character mid Friday. What do all those mopey gatherers see in their pokey oxen? ("Does this oxen make my butt look big?"') I am making about 400k a day …