Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 953.

• Quote from Dobrutro Dunin: “Topic was made because in open world you can earn much more. Even during arena queue time you can earn 10x more from black market. So unlocking option for people who only fight on arena don't give any great advantage. Arena gladiator need to repair his equipment, need food and potions. You need with time some better gear or just experiment with arena builds. Some people expect that you can earn on arena, silly 10k silver per 30 minutes? People earn more on rushing che…

• Quote from NdwZ: “@Korn Hey! First of all i need to say that i really like thise changes but i have some question... Do we will have any interest to stay/visit Caerleon after that? Black market only in Caerle? Something else? I know that pushing ppl into BZ is good direction for the game but do You have any role for Caerleon city? Or it will be deserted since next big patch? (i asume that in next patch You have something in plan for Caerleon role - mby some end game raid bosses hub? :> ) ” They …

• I unsubscribed today

Holoin - - Rants

Tried a better internet?

• Quote from Zalupashka: “You dont even know what u are talking about. This system cant work without ppl negotiating with each other. And thats what we do in "Cartel" lol. Ir would be great content with no old players where anyone loosing their money. Thats so cool and thats happening right now. Most old players got money to def their plots for months so yes now only noobs are loosing. About "smart" ones who goes bankrupt. Thats your illusions. Join any town discord and see what they are writing. …

• Some one suggested before to make 2v2 hellgate map linear instead of a circle. They could make it C chaped, with 2 bosses near the center(One on each side) And a final boss that appears exactly on the center. If Some one decides to run, they will eventually reach a corner and get cornered. Make enough room so that players can run back a bit if they need to retreat once to wait for cooldowns, But after that retreat they get no more room and will get cornered if they try to retreat again. This is …

• Quote from blappo: “Quote from Holoin: “I think Arena reward should be limited. In order to give unlimited reward they would need to be very low. People with little time or those that want to do a little bit of everything every day would need to put too much time into an activity that poses no risk. Unlimited rewards could also motivate many players to stay in the cities instead of going into the open world. Remember that Arena is not there to become the focus of any player. Keeping arena reward…

• I think Arena reward should be limited. In order to give unlimited reward they would need to be very low. People with little time or those that want to do a little bit of everything every day would need to put too much time into an activity that poses no risk. Unlimited rewards could also motivate many players to stay in the cities instead of going into the open world. Remember that Arena is not there to become the focus of any player. Keeping arena rewards low and limited helps to force players…

• New Mount Mechanic

Holoin - - Feedback & Suggestions

Interesting idea.... However it means that the game would need to keep track of the positions of many mounts in a single map, plus would also need to keep track of the mounts inventory. Now, Imagine that 200 players are.going to do a 100 v 100 ZvZ, and half of them leave their mounts outside. That would mean additional stress to the server, would make it hard to keep fights with a stable fps. Even now with current mechanics fps drops dramatically in big fights. Having mount dissapear when you ge…

• Many of you need to stop thinking as players and think as coders. Having a glitch like the healing sickness increasing healing is something that can happen very easy and is very common in games. When you have to read hundreds of lines of code for 8 hours a day, your brain eventually gets tired and mistakes happen even if they get tested many times.In programing, its simply impossible to not make mistakes. As for balance, the hard part is not knowing if its unbalanced, but how to balance it. Yes …

• Some of these noobs are not actually noobs but people tired of the greedy plot owners.They know what they are doing.They dont care if they lose money, they just want to see you just like this, crying in the forums. And if you are crying here in the forums it means they dint wasted their money after all, because they completed their objective. They will eventually go bankrupt, but then a new "noob" will come and save the day from greedyness. Quote from xcruciful: “And if you want to control the t…

• An informative question

Holoin - - Beginner's Questions

If you played enough of this game then you should know that your question is answered with a "it depends". What do you want to do extensively? You want to focus on gathering crafting? Then yes, It is good time to come back. Do you want to focus on small scale, non competitive pvp? Then yes, it is a good time to come back. Do you want to focus on large scale pvp, guild building etc..? Then no, wait until next update comes out, a lot of changes are coming. Do you want to focus on anykind of compet…

• Quote from Captainrussia: “Quote from Holoin: “Skipping mobs is less risky but more rewarding while clearing the dungeon is more risky and less rewarding. ” Skipping mobs is less risky - but also less rewarding (you only get the loot, and less/minimal fame from just killing the boss). Clearing the dungeon is more risky - but also more rewarding (you get silver from mobs + fame + loot)Quote from Holoin: “Fame? But, if you skip dungeons, by the time you clear a dungeon normally a dungeon skipper w…

• Quote from Owlsane: “For thoses whinning about having their solo dungon being ratted, how about going on maps with low activity? How about rubbing your 2 braincells together to activate some brain activity? Just avoid : - High tier solo dungeon - Blue and yellow zone - Maps close to cities and bz portals When i do 2h of solo dungeons daily on a specific map for 2 months and getting my dung ratted only one time...ya know that there is no issue at all with this situation. If you follow my steps tr…

• Cape for mounted use

Holoin - - Beginner's Questions

Quote from Fusionbomb: “you probably want undead cape for riding mammoth... it doesn't activate while mounted, but can still save your ass ” duude shhhh dont tell him how to survive when I gank him...I want that mammoth.

• Quote from Thorbjorn: “No Loot from Solo RD's @Holoin And blackmarket guy start to buying stuff when some1 died and hes items go to trash, so... ” It still doesnt matter at all, because even the person that clears the solo dungeon can get those chests with no loot. No matter how you look at it, skipping mobs gets better reward and less risk than clearing the dungeon, wish doesnt make sense at all. Skipping mobs gives too much reward for their risk. When you take the risk to actually clear the du…

• Quote from Thorbjorn: “Quote from Holoin: “too rewarding ” As far as i know from devpost on this forum, any chest reward depends on world PvP action. If no1 fights atm and no items trashes, black market stops buying things and stop putting it in chests, so you will get only runes and money bags, even from golden epic chests, and this is not to mutch at all. Your reward from chests are realy depends on your risk to be ganked or blobbedout while mooving from dungeon to dungeon. ” The black market …

• Zone Cap Solo Dungeons

Holoin - - Feedback & Suggestions

But if 8 players dive a solo dungeon they barely get anything at all... Unless you are stupid enough to bring full T8 set to a dungeon that is. Anything anove 3 players and solo dungeon chest becomes very bad. And dungeon diving just for the player kill is also non profitable, lets say you bring a full T6 set, thays about 400k in total, divide that in 8, and also count the time to find out a dungeon, ....thats about 50k per 20-25 minutes....thats is reaaally bad. You could just cut T6 trees for …

• The problem with GUI is the engine. Any kind of UI is problematic in Unity. I think a good option for the minimap and skills bar problems(doesnt allow people to see the edges of the screen well) would be to allow players to adjust transparency. Transparency option should not be too hard in Unity as far as I know. UI scaling in Unity is hard enough to not be in the priority list for the devs. They probabily focused on more important stuff.

• Quote from Thorbjorn: “Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think, that peoples, complaining about forced PvP(dive/gank) and openworld sandbox freedom (chest ratting, etc)... Just pick the wrong game /thre ” You are right. However, there are many that are not complaining about the activity being existent, but about it being too rewarding for the low risk it posses. Increase risk or lower reward should fix this problem. Like lowering chest tier by 2 if a % of mobs before the chest have not yet been kil…

• Quote from Captainrussia: “Quote from Holoin: “Problem 1. For every 10 dungeons people enter, about 6 dont have chests.Some people want both the fame and the loot so it is very dissapointing to clear an entire floor of mobs just to find that there are no chests. ” Problem can be solved with the proper amount of risk-vs-reward allocated by the player himself. Go to t5-t6 zones in BZ (yes, a bit lower fame) - but I only see 1/10 ratted, and 9/10 are full dungeons. Running 1 floor takes me about 9 …