Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Dev Talk: The New Outlands

Korn - - News & Announcements

Quote from Yamochan: “Correct me if Im wrong... But the new outlands looks so small compared to the old one. Also there is still a lot of forest missing in the middle of the map. The furthest away zones from the portals looks all to be Highlands and Snow aside from one Dessert biome. ” The new outlands will have about the same number of zones in total as the old ones. Around 300 in total.

• Quote from Torthur: “I'm a lil confused by the changes... 1) Black zone used to have cities but were removed from the game bc no one used them and it spread the players out. 2) You guys just cut the gvg timers down, bc you didnt want teams to be able power project, but now your adding them back? ” 1) those are not real cities, only outposts with a bank chest and a market. They essentially replace the siege camps that are being removed. 2) The consolidation of GvG timers was intended to reduce th…

Quote from Pumbayo: “Quote from NickerSq: “Black Market stay in Carleon? ” good question ” Yes. On top of that, the zones surrounding Carleon will be buffed. We can now do this without making Caerleon OP as it's no longer directly connected to the Outlands. A lot of trade will flow from the Outlands to Caerleon and back due to the importance of the black market - it represents around one third of Albions silver economy. Beyond that, in a future update, we will seek to substantially upgrade red z…

Quote from agonyclutch: “all extra times zone? You are getting rid of the bz gvg so those teams won't care about that now lol ” Hey there, note that the frequency of each time zone is different, those at more popular times (such as 21:00 UTC) are far more common than those at, say, 12:00 UTC. In general, how often a time zone is used on the map depends on the usual in-game activity at that time of the day. This means that if a certain time has twice as many players online, it will get twice the …

• Quote from OldStoner: “My fear is that with the Queen update, the way that I made silver (city trading to Caerleon, crafting and selling to the black market, trading from caerleon market to the black market...etc..) will die when they take away the portal and the market from Caerleon. At that point it will be much harder to earn silver and pay for premium. I think they need to wait and see what happens after the update to make the changes. I agree that something needs to be done but maybe these …

• Quote from DildoSwaggings: “Doing me a confuse here Korn; PvP knockdowns barely happen, so... its gonna be more expensive to repair the gear I loot from someone or someone loots from me, basically? ” That's correct. Repairing gear obtained from PvP kills will be more expensive, though compared to the overall value of the gear, the cost is still small. And in general, this is a cost that will largely be apply to wealthier players as it's those players who obtain a lot of loot from GvG and due to …

• Hey there, thanks for all the feedback. A more general point: some of you have said that the planned changes will affect new players too strongly. We do not think that's the case, for the following reasons: - The biggest in-game expense for new players by far is the premium status. Measured in silver, at the price of almost 4400 silver per Gold that we saw before we announced the planned changes, that is 11m silver per month. Right now, purely as a result of the announcement of the planned chang…

• Quote from Robinhoodrs: “Increased the cost of re-rolling item quality by 50% Bruh, the re-rolling system is already SOOOOOO not worth it at its current price. This will just fully kill off re-rolling and won't be used, so making this silver sink, a nothing sink. If anything the re-roll system needs a rework and to cost less, so more people engage with it. ” Thanks for the feedback, we will review this again and keep it under close watch.

• Quote from Woin: “Quote from Eltharyon: “To increase the enchantment level of a resource, you will need a same-tier resource one enchantment level below as well as the following amount of silver: ” need a same-tier resource one enchantment level belowEnchantment 0 ? below 0? ” The enchantment level transmutation cannot be used to create .0 resources. That's why the table in the post starts with enchantment level 1.

• Quote from Roccandil: “Quote from Korn: “1) Each city will have more than 1 portal to the black zone - the map sketch is misleading here 2) Reset day will stay in the game pretty much as is ” Is there any interest on the part of the developer team to have a longer-term, survival-oriented, economically-isolated black zone? ” In general, distance will matter much more in the new Outland, the actual distance in terms of zones from the deep Outland regions to the Royal Continent will become larger t…

• Quote from solventh: “Quote from solventh: “Quote from solventh: “Quote from Korn: “There will no longer be war camps with the next update as they are no longer needed in their role as an open world "entry point" to the GvG grid. There will however most likely be neutral outposts in the Outlands to act as a "base" for solo / small group players who do not have a hideout. They will not have any building space or crafting buildings though. (but will have a market and repair shop) ” will they have …

• Quote from RenegadeAndy: “Hi @Berindon I have not been a player for long, but have also noticed what I consider to be unexpectably high pings. My ping never ever drops below 220, and I live in Scotland, UK. My connection is 200mbps virgin media, which across any other game brings a ping of around 20. Agreeably, there is not necessarily a need for ninja like latency in this game, but 220 is close to a quarter of a second round trip time, which definitely has an impact in grouped areas and busy fi…

• Quote from xcruciful: “What really scare me! - Only 1 portal to black zone? - There will be reset day anymore? - Buffing red zone? forum.albiononline.com/index.p…eae4cac27e82a0b1b0de24efc ” 1) Each city will have more than 1 portal to the black zone - the map sketch is misleading here 2) Reset day will stay in the game pretty much as is 3) The zones directly next to Caerleon will be buffed as these are deliberately weak right now for balance reasons. The general balance principle that Outland zo…

• Quote from CaptainPando: “Quote from Korn: “There will no longer be war camps with the next update as they are no longer needed in their role as an open world "entry point" to the GvG grid. There will however most likely be neutral outposts in the Outlands to act as a "base" for solo / small group players who do not have a hideout. They will not have any building space or crafting buildings though. (but will have a market and repair shop) ” @Korn I think they wanted an update about if we have to…

• Quote from Player112: “Quote from xcruciful: “Maps around Caerleon will be full of gankers. ” There will not. Nobody will go there, like the black zones now. ” The black market will remain exclusively in Caerleon, and it is responsible for around 30% of the entire in-game silver generation - it's massive. In addition to that, the zones around Caerleon will get a buff - right now, they are deliberately weak as making them too powerful would have de-valued the other Royal Cities too much. Once Cae…

• There will no longer be war camps with the next update as they are no longer needed in their role as an open world "entry point" to the GvG grid. There will however most likely be neutral outposts in the Outlands to act as a "base" for solo / small group players who do not have a hideout. They will not have any building space or crafting buildings though. (but will have a market and repair shop)

• Quote from CassX: “Thanks, and can you go out with some info about "The zones surrounding Carleon will get significant buffs" ?And still my question, please what is Avalon?Name of zone or what? ” Right now, the zones directly surrouding Caerleon are deliberately quite weak for balance reasons, as Caerleon also is a / the main gateway to the Outlands. That's why, for example, the best zones for enchanted T5 resources - while being in the Royals - are quite far away from Caerleon. If Caerleon no l…

• Quote from CassX: “@PrintsKaspian What is Avalon, its town, zone?Or?(in middle new outland map) Royal continent will remain unchanged? If Caerleon lost connect to BZ, how i can bring t7,8 resources to Caerleon?Only from Royals cities?Red zones near Caerleon, will they stay red? What happend with BM in Caerleon? ” Current plans (always subject to change) are that - the black market will stay in Caerleon - trade between the Outlands and Caerleon via the red zones will become extremely relevant - T…

• High Ping (NA)

Korn - - Feedback & Suggestions

Sorry for that, the issue should be fixed now.

• Ping over 100?

Korn - - Feedback & Suggestions

Hey there, we can confirm that some players are seeing higher pings than usual. We have identified the underlying issue and should be able to resolve these issues shortly, possibly already tomorrow. We'll keep you posted.