Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 231.

• Quote from Bigboyz: “A game where there is no risk to running out and gathering? Guess what, mats would become so cheap you would never gather (or trade) again ” There's a hard cap to resources. Yellow zones are a good example (no risk gathering). Quote from Bigboyz: “Having the whole wall be a portal would never ever work. ” Sure it would. Just allow movement to the four adjacent maps, no vertex-jumping. Varying load times simply means you'd still need spawn protection, and you'd still have re-…

• Quote from Blenfjorn: “A good fix would be that reds cannot attack faction players in yellow zone (and faction can't attack red). ” I like it, but what about conditional zones?

• Quote from FNORD: “the system buys the items at the set price first instead of the cheapest items from the market. ” Hmm. For me, it bought the cheapest items first (if I had a buy order at X price for Y items, and there were more items in that range then my buy order, the most expensive ones were left in the market, that is, the ones closest to my buy order). Does the sort order of the market affect it, maybe?

• @OP, I wish the open-world maps had no gates at all, but were rather designed such that the entire border acted as a "portal" to the next map. Not only would that mitigate gate-camping, the black zone might feel more like a world then, instead of a loose collection of small arenas. One other thing: being in an alliance with territories helps. Very often you'll have a terri within spawn bubble range of a gate (and it's something I keep in mind when traveling the black zones).

• Quote from FNORD: “Buy all Offers till price x ” If I understand your suggestion, this already works: just place a buy order at X, and it will vacuum up all lower sell orders. (Took me a while to figure this out, though, since I was always putting buy orders in lower than the sell orders). EDIT: Oh, I see: it's the tax issue.

• Yes, I've been wanting this too! I also wish that enemy death was handled such that your spells won't even start firing if an enemy is already dead. I've wasted a lot of spells on that in PvE, mainly due to click-munging in a crowd. To help with that, a "next-target" button could be interesting, too, or maybe just having an enemy be auto-targeted when they aggro you, not when they damage you.

• Quote from Spartiate: “You guys are never happy, you do not understand that they are trying to limit gold inflation?Currently this system benefits the richest players who have amounts of gold raised in the bank. You have not noticed that this pay a premium has become a little expensive (I am a player try hard I do not care about the price of the latter I have the means) but when I see you scream while they try to help casual players I can not help but try to make you think 2 seconds ...im not na…

• Join a guild in a big alliance that owns territories. You can surf the map in the black zone with alliances enabled to see who owns what, and then drill down to see what guilds are members of the alliance, including those who are recruiting and their requirements. ZvZ occurs (currently) over control of castles and warcamps, at scheduled times. Guilds/alliances have a vested interest in getting you there, so they will let you know when ZvZs are happening, and probably provide a list of ZvZ-approv…

• What if you could summon an existing mob on the map? That (theoretically) wouldn't add any additional load, and would be a kind of defensive bonus to arriving early to an objective, as well as making the random openworld bosses more interesting. Might be handy for gatherers, too: summon that boss to help guard you!

• Quote from Kurobon: “...but in an open-world game, what is the "party size"? You can just ungroup and enter individually, over the course of a few minutes. what is the dungeon scale then? ” I'd scale mob difficulty and reward according to the number of players engaged. Basically, every engaged player in the killing party would be guaranteed a certain amount of fame and loot (chance), regardless of how many were there. So, that kind of dungeon could be soloed or zerged, and divers wouldn't know h…

• Quote from blappo: “This is also an issue with Transmuting - just went in and immediately the prices stabilized all T5 skins were 900 per now they are 400 per just like every other T5 out there because they fixed the prices so while i benefit from running T5 gathering earning as much as T6 did now new players cannot exploit the markets like i did, nor can i ” That's a shame: skinning is inherently harder than the other gathering professions, and the price reflected that. I wonder if transmutatio…

• I was thinking along those lines, with this difference: - Scale dungeon difficulty and reward to party size The point being if the same dungeon could change to host a single player up to a zerg, divers won't know how many enemies to expect, making a more interesting risk/reward PvP dynamic.

• Quote from Captainrussia: “Quote from Roccandil: “Quote from Captainrussia: “I am going to guess that Fractured MMO will not have full loot PVP? ” Fractured will indeed have full-loot PvP. The relevant difference is that it will be much harder to get from the PvE planet to the full-loot planets, and the full-loot planets will have unsafe player-made cities, subject to siege and conquest. I've played in pre-alpha and the alphas so far, and Fractured has a survival atmosphere that Albion simply do…

• Quote from Blenfjorn: “Doesn't it fill the book placed first in your inventory? When i do merc and generalist books in HCE, and I have multiple level books, it prioritizes top left in my inventory. If I want to fill a different level, I change the placement. Its not the same with gathering? ” For journals already open, yes. Not so, however, if a journal hasn't been started yet: the game will always prioritize an open journal, no matter what the order.

• I like Kenshi's system, where the better you get, the higher quality the base item you produce, with a chance at getting the next level of quality. Ideally, though, I'd like to see the RNG removed completely.

• I'm actually the opposite: I want the game to fill the highest possible one, and it doesn't! If I have an empty T6 journal, and an open T5 journal, gathering a T6 node fills the T5 journal, not the T6. I hadn't thought about your use case, though, and I do feel like the journal system needs a rework.

• Quote from Dc1a0: “No one complaining has a problem with full-loot PVP. People do have a problem constantly getting ambushed into a scenario they have no hope of winning, by a pack of cowards that have reward for little risk because they're outnumbering their opponents to the point of absurdity. ” Ya, the game actively pushes imbalanced open-world PvP due to the N-1 nature of dungeons and gathering, and the N+1 nature of combat. That's the sort of thing that convinces people this game isn't wort…

• Yeah, I've love to see this too!

• Quote from MMOLIFE: “Quote from Hollywoodi: “Copying my Solution I posted on Reddit as it had so many upvotes and positive feedback: Upkeep of Terries: 1 Terrie: 5 k silver per day 2. Terrie: 25 k silver per day 3. Terrie: 125 k silver per day 4. Terrie: 525 k silver per day Alliance membership per member per week: 1 k per one member 2 k per two member 4 k per 3 8 k per 4 .. Not given to anyone but upkeep costs to the system Give zerging a price tag... ” Holding a territory does require food, wh…

• Quote from Captainrussia: “Quote from Bakin: “Silver Sinks: tax the people who are remaining in Albion, to make up for everyone who is cashing out and leaving? It makes no sense, and is a poor decision on the development team's part. It seems like very little forethought on how this will influence the future of the game. ” go study economics 101, then come back and we can have a discussion ” Arrogant credentialism on display...