Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 207.

• -I’m hearing you say all this but what I’m listening to is between you mentioning previously about not connecting your E and W spell efficiently and now not keeping on target with your attack speed animation vs target movement and effectively losing dps by it having to reset the animation whenever the target runs out of range (when you have a potential built in 27% run speed boost mind you…)… I’m now convinced you are playing with the either a terrible ping or have terribly slow reaction times. …

• Quote from Kinggeo7: “Quote from BurnsidePDX: “Quote from edhawk: “Quote from Chefffff486: “Curse is not a strong weapon, and you guys keep nerfing it and buff sword. God damn, you guys a genius, if you guys really hate curse weapon, just delete I have no idea how curse can win any weapon in this patch ” Go to murderledger.com/builds/1v1_high_ip_7_day.Look at the "not strong weapon" cursed stats youre talking about and the "so broken build" swords stats youre talking to and lets say which one is…

• Quote from moking: “Quote from BurnsidePDX: “- it’s a 15 second combo. Whirling blades is 15 second cd. Splitting slash is 15 second cd. You use them together. I have no idea why you are adding the CD’s together and calling them 30 second CD’s. You can do this combo twice in 30 seconds. ” My point is that it will not always be used together, in a perfect world in perfect circumstances, sure you can get that combo off together resulting in a 15 sec rotation. But this is not a perfect world, this …

• When I say effective health, I mean health / armor / defense that is effective in surviving a cool down’s rotation of dps. For example, 100 dps a second can be both a 1000 damage strike once every 10 seconds, or 100 damage every second for 10 seconds. Those are technically the same dps but are anything but the same thing for practical purposes damaging and healing opponents. You are purely going off the math of just armor + defense vs a damage stream but that’s not a realistic way to look at def…

• Quote from moking: “Quote from BurnsidePDX: “You have a invulnerable stun on demand every 15 seconds that requires no stack usage, and allows it to pair perfectly with splitting slash which allows you to get your E attack damage speed buffs in ” Its not a stun, its a knock up. It's invulnerable because without it the jump wouldn't be viable, we know this already with years of data covering this issue. Sure it pairs with splitting slash, but many weapon have combos, that's not controversial. Nor …

• Quote from moking: “Quote from BurnsidePDX: “Yes, it’s ‘beatable’ if one survives and plays perfectly, have comparable or better ip and all your CD’s. Otherwise all the sword user needs is another 15 seconds for another rotation of nearly unavoidable instant cast E->Splitting Slash->heroic strike 15 yard, AOE / stun / root / dps / invulnerability / gap closer ‘opener’ that also buffs the dual swords with run (charges) and insane attack speed and damage buff. (lol it comical to just write that an…

• Quote from moking: “Quote from BurnsidePDX: “Psssst. Everyone just started playing dual swords. It’s the old claymore but better. ” It's literally not. You're making an objectively false statement. ” Ok, maybe 80% as good in CD’s and worlds better in every other content*. It is literally the #1 played weapon currently in CD’s. Doesn’t mean it’ll beat everything 1vs1… I sure hope not as it’s also god like in ow roam and small scale pvp. But you’ll have a pretty good shot at going toe to toe with …

• Quote from edhawk: “Quote from Chefffff486: “Curse is not a strong weapon, and you guys keep nerfing it and buff sword. God damn, you guys a genius, if you guys really hate curse weapon, just delete I have no idea how curse can win any weapon in this patch ” Go to murderledger.com/builds/1v1_high_ip_7_day.Look at the "not strong weapon" cursed stats youre talking about and the "so broken build" swords stats youre talking to and lets say which one is broken. Literally swords got 1 ratio fame, les…

• Psssst. Everyone just started playing dual swords. It’s the old claymore but better.

• b Quote from Mandulf: “Quote from BurnsidePDX: “Defense is an odd thing too, it’s less effective the more armor you have. For example. If you do 100 damage to a clothy with 50% mitigation via armor and 1 defense. Defense will mitigate .5 damage. If you do the same to plate with 75% mitigation via armor it will mitigate .25 damage. ” In absolute sense defence will block less damage. In relative sense defence is completely unrelated to and unaffected by armor. If your defence would mitigate 1% of …

• The balance decisions are so questionable… The primary complaint has always been the fear. An AOE massive CC fear that is not influenced by dr’s or resistances . They revert the fear changes to which largely everyone agreed was a good nerf, and nerf the damage the staff effectively deals by having it consume dots. Unfortunately, this is a 2 hand and there is no way easy to lassist with this damage loss like crypt or musiak. They better at least lower the cool down. A two hand staff that’s E is a…

• Quote from Sedocoi: “Dual swords is not the fastest weapon in the game whoever said that has never played daggers or staves. Let me give you the easiest counter to dual swords. 1h arcane. MErc jacker, hunter hood, boots dont matter, thetford cape/martlock. you purge after his E, or you blink it. dual swords is VERY beatable, its just once again SBI "wildfire'd" the E spell and made it too strong. Removing stack dependency? ok- Adding CC imunity AND a knockup- super questionable. Now its a sword …

• Mists

BurnsidePDX - - General Questions & Discussions

You do understand they have to first FIND you by running around then they have to bust their run speed / gap closers to get to you right? Do you ever see third partiers / Gucci boys right now just running around? Why is that? Because they have an advantage on a mount. Free gap closer that allows them an escape or chase if it either goes south or you take off. Gucci boy fucks up an engage with no mount, it means he’s already busted his run speed most likely and then is extremely vulnerable to any…

• So… switch? It’s generally a better thing for new players to play on a new server… value of silver / fame earned is higher relatively speaking. On top of that you have better ping. This is all good things. You are relatively richer on a new server as a new player than you are on an established one. I only wish there was a new NA server.

• It’s OP as fuck. The damage dump on the open alone makes it valuable for any setting. Steroid/stalker chest use->E->Splitting Slash->Cleave is nutty 15 yard, AOE / stun / root / dps / invulnerability / gap closer ‘opener’ on a 15 second cd that also buffs the dual swords with run (charges) and insane attack speed and damage buff. (lol it comical to just write that and think ‘yeah, this is balanced’.) Like wtf? Wasn’t 1H maces nerfed for this exact same burst / lock down potential on short cooldo…

• Mists

BurnsidePDX - - General Questions & Discussions

Getting rid of mounts would be a huge equalizer. regardless of Ip, we have all the same move speed. Gucci boy would have to bust his move speed to gank anyone and in turn make him super vulnerable to anyone who catches him mid fight. Plus he can’t easy pick and choose fights by scouting.

• Quote from Painball: “Quote from BurnsidePDX: “I don’t really get the balance. What’s wrong with curse be exceptionally strong in mists and 1vs1? Why can’t weapon trees with no mobility be exceptionally strong 1vs1? They logically should beat any weapon tree that can kite or have chase… because you can just walk away from curse if you don’t want to fight. You can’t do that with most melees or ranges physical. Yet curse can’t kill you unless you commit. Between the (lol worthy) extreme dual sword…

• Nerf 1h curse

BurnsidePDX - - Overpowered/Underpowered Items

<p> </p> Quote from Fabrizziou: “Quote from BurnsidePDX: “Hi, updated Feyscale sandles here. As soon as you get death cursed, activate me and I will negate 5 seconds of curse damage and the E! Don’t worry, I’ll be up in 30 seconds again. So if you have an iframe or any dispell, curse can’t E you at all! Best part is Curse will need to reapply all dots! ” why wasting on kinda expensive gear when even the cheapest T4 feet piece has a counter spell for curse bomb? ” Feyscale sandals are still prett…

• A good dual sword that has dodge armed will most likely beat a good fire mage too. It’s a ton of dps sacrifice to get firewall over artillery too. Makes almost more sense to rock fire circle on feyscale robe and add in the artillery dps…..Plus I’m pretty sure the E on dual swords goes through firewall now as long as they don’t land on it. Feyscale Hat makes you immune to all debuffs and crowd control effects for 5 seconds. I havent tested literally every CC, but the usual offenders will not inte…

• Quote from Asheraxia: “I'm a fire main, as I think is commonly known... Duel swords seems balanced to me. For years it was massively under performing, and I always thought it odd given the nature of a duel wielding weapon, it should be a melee beast, and it just wasn't. The refit to swords has been well thought out, now that broadswords mobility has been dealt with, and I find the tree balanced and actively used. As a fire user, unless excessive use of reflect is utilized, and this can just be b…