Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 362.

• My quitting rant

Mardonius - - Rants

Quote from Anniees: “While some of your points are valid, WHY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FULL LOOT PVP??? It has been stated many times that this is the core part of Albion and actually MANY people stayed because of this one aspect of it. I myself love the full loot part of albion...the feeling of killing someone and taking their stuff is just an amazing feeling :). But seriously people who complain about the full loot pvp in albion is like ordering a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and then yelling at…

• ZERGALION is unplayble

Mardonius - - Rants

Quote from Bristle: “why people running all time with a zerg its fun? ” Because in a full loot PvP game you want to minimize risk of death and running around with a Zerg does that.

• My quitting rant

Mardonius - - Rants

I am quitting Albion Online because of: 1. Full loot PvP is cancer. It is cancer to PvE and cancer to PvP. It makes items generic and expendable and in a game where you are your items this just makes everything about looting other people and taking their stuff. It makes people less inclined to PvP unless they have the numbers, aka ganking and turn casual players into farmable "mobs" to gankers. This also makes legendary/epic gear/mounts useless because they will just be dropped the next time you…

• Quote from Captainrussia: “lulwut? the game is already free to play once you buy it initially... ” Uhm, that is what is called Buy to Play

• Get started is fairly easy as up to Tier 5 you can enjoy the safety of light to no ganking zones with no item loss. And then you have expeditions to gain some initial fame as well as yellow zone dungeons. The start of the game was actually the most fun I had. Exploring the zones and making my own gear, food, mount etc. It is the end-game that is a huge grind and subject to many gankings and item loss. As for solo PvP? I solo maybe 50% of my game time and it is relatively rare to be jumped by jus…

• Quote from Captainrussia: “Quote from Mardonius: “even Eve had better gank escape mechanism than this shit. ” False - feel free to prove otherwise. In Eve - if you are not aligned and engaged in combat with NPC, there is a 99% chance that you will get rekked (unless you are baiting)^This ” That is a lot of ifs. In Eve you have local chat so you instantly know if a hostile is in the system. Then you have directional scanners which will tell you if ships are close to you. Once you know that, you j…

• Yep, agreed. There isn't much skill in Albion's combat. It's all about gear and numbers.

• Quote from i1z2i3: “I have solution. Follow this IDEA PLS Like for support 2vs2 Hellgates red and black zones!!!! And this is reborn solo and duo players ” More instanced content in a sandbox game... you do realise the current HGs, specially red and black, are constantly empty? Instanced content with full loot is the worst possible combination.

• Quote from Arrafast: “Quote from Parzivaal: “dont bother explaining them Angrad, they are here only to whine. Just learn how to avoid getting ganked, but it seems that you dont care about advices... ” Parzival, I am not here to whine. As evidenced from constructive posts like Angrads I have received some great advice. Saying 'dont explain' and 'they just want to whine' is both unhelpful and wrong. I think it is you Parzival who wants to whine. I just want to get on and play in a way I enjoy. So …

• Quote from Parzivaal: “You can go and gather in solo. Im doing it whenever I can. You just need to not cross when you see 20 peoples, and to drop your stuff at a warcamp time to time. If you wanna T7, you'll have to go in BZ, or you can farm a lot of T6 and transmute it in T7. But dont whine here that you cant play in BZ. Most of the ganks are avoidables, and sometimes you'll die yes. But its sometimes, just get some skill and you'll survive most of the time, almost everything in gathering gears…

• Quote from Dokuwan: “Quote from Drake_IronHeart: “Quote from Dokuwan: “Quote from SirT: “I'm really starting to struggle to stay "into" this game. My single biggest complaint is that if I have an hour of free time to game, there is very little I can do fame wise. IE you're not going to just hop into a BZ fame farming group for an hour very effectively. Of course if your guild owns a good BZ fame farm spot and there are constant groups going its less of an issue....which brings up the second poin…

• Quote from Stravanov: “Quote from Mardonius: “Yes this game is a very gank friendly game. In fact I believe it is the only MMO where guilds regularly setup gank parties, as that is a high reward and low risk activity. But the developers don't realise that players are not like mobs, they will not accept being farmed by gankers so they will either stop gathering/soloing or quit altogether. ” Except gank parties often get ganked themselves. To better gankers. Its high risk high reward. ” I have nev…

• Yes this game is a very gank friendly game. In fact I believe it is the only MMO where guilds regularly setup gank parties, as that is a high reward and low risk activity. But the developers don't realise that players are not like mobs, they will not accept being farmed by gankers so they will either stop gathering/soloing or quit altogether.

• GTO (Grand theft ox)

Mardonius - - Feedback & Suggestions

Yeah I always wondered why all your loot magically appears on your character when your mount goes poof. A better solution would be to clearly mark what is in your inventory and what is in your mounts. If you get dismounted then the mount stays in the gameworld and you can run away, leaving behind the loot on the mount. Or you could stay and fight for it. What would be even cooler is if your mount would fight back, once dismounted. One would think that a Direwolf or Direboar would pack a punch. E…

• Quote from Circe1872: “We don't have enough players to have a 2nd continent. Maybe they should have done it for release. ” Second continent? You guys realise how much work that would be? The solution for the Carelon cluster**** is obvious. Remove some/all portals from Carleon and put them either in the wild or in other towns. Done. The devs won't do it though because of some "design goal" they have. So here we are in a sandbox game with one city and all other being ghost towns. And this will get…

• Quote from TheEnchanter: “How do you fame farm as a healer. Can't really one v one mobs or solo fame farm because you don't really do damage, or am I just going wrong build.(Nature staff) Expeditions take at least 20 mins to get into and most of the time its a half finished dungeon. Guild FF aren't always available/Alliance FF ” Due to the limited number of activable skills in this game (a design flaw imo) healers can heal and that is pretty much it. They have higher survivability in PvE, obviou…

• Quote from Korn: “Quote from Mardonius: “Quote from Cladiusnero: “Quote from Zarf: “... ” ” Since the other thread was locked I thought this would be useful to keep here. As can be seen the population is still in a rather steep downward curve and no signs of a "saddle point" yet. And I don't think there will be one unless the devs start to add more open world content and make some drastic changes to the game such as making ganking high risk and high reward rather than low risk high reward, that …

• Quote from Korn: “While such a mechanic would be cool, there is a good chance for it to be very overpowered, too, unless we nerfed the guards quite a bit. ” Then nerf the guards. This would add some risk to ganking instead of the low risk activity it is now.

• Who cares? No one in their right mind would risk riding one anyway, except for showing off in towns.

• Quote from Cladiusnero: “Quote from Zarf: “I have been keeping a record of characters that receive fame since week one. I check it around Sunday 10pm US Central time when the week resets. Or occasionally if I miss it, just check last week numbers for a accurate count. Week 1. 140000 2. 148801 3. 134860 4. 114839 5. 101926 6. 87625 7. 76735 8. 65609 9. 56134 10. 49625 11. 47031 12. 42627 13. 37871 14. 35146 Total characters created Week 1. 140000 2. 148801 3. 210000 4. ? 5. 239695 6. 248441 7. 25…