Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 320.

• (Consider this a post deletion by lack of a better alternative on this forum)

• Checking rarity of the mists

Mandulf - - Mobile Version

I think you can tell the rarity of the mists without mouseover by the colour of the wisp, which can have a green, blue or purple glow.

• Quote from BurnsidePDX: “When I say effective health, I mean health / armor / defense that is effective in surviving a cool down’s rotation of dps. ” That's a bit confusing. The common use of 'effective health' in gaming, also known as 'effective health points', 'effective hitpoints' or 'EHP' is that it's a simplified representation of health, armor and other defences combined into a single 'effective health' number: pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Effective_hit_points wiki.eveuniversity.org/Tanking…

• You kind of missed my point though. Saying that "Defence is less effective the more armor you have" is equivalent to saying "Health is less effective the more armor you have." It's paradoxal as it's both true and false. It's false, as your health points translate to more effective health points when you have armor. Similarly you get more effective health points out of defence if you have high armor than if you have low armor. It's also true, because in practice you only need to have X+1 effectiv…

• I've been playing solo a lot lately, and there's plenty of options. The recently introduced Mists regions are open world zones with fame farming and gathering possibilities, PvP objectives and these zones are made especially for solo players as it's impossible to enter them in a group. (Well, there's also the duo mists in case you want to go with a friend, but that's the biggest 'group' you can bring.) Faction warfare allows you to play with a zerg of random people who have flagged for the same …

• Elite Farming Spec's?

Mandulf - - Feedback & Suggestions

I'd like to see non-focus advantages to farming spec first. At the moment having 100 spec in farming means nothing compared to 0 spec if you're not using focus on that farm. As focus is limited, I probably won't be using it on all my farms, or on my farms at all, which means getting 100 spec means nothing and going from 100 to 120 would mean nothing either, apart from seeing the number go up.

• Quote from BurnsidePDX: “Defense is an odd thing too, it’s less effective the more armor you have. For example. If you do 100 damage to a clothy with 50% mitigation via armor and 1 defense. Defense will mitigate .5 damage. If you do the same to plate with 75% mitigation via armor it will mitigate .25 damage. ” In absolute sense defence will block less damage. In relative sense defence is completely unrelated to and unaffected by armor. If your defence would mitigate 1% of the damage you take, no…

• Since this Asia server is going to be open for everyone, how is the western server going to deal with the fact that the game world will be dead during half the day when Asia would have been playing but is playing on their own server? And likewise, how is the east server going to deal with that same problem? Not only are you splitting the playerbase, which diminishes the amount of players you can play against in this competitive PvP game, this change also splits the playerbase based on their time…

• Quote from Shadowbrick: “The new server will be accessible by everyone. You can also find that information in the FAQ. ” Thanks, seems I had missed that announcement!

• Edit: Seems my assumption was wrong - see the response further below. I do wonder if this 'asia' server will actually be a server for asian players, or if it will follow the same pattern EVE online does this: 1. Server for the entire world, minus China 2. Server for China, due to China laws I do not know why SBI wants to have an extra server somewhere in Asia, but if it's for the same reason EVE has an extra server in Asia (as a China-only server), the addition of this extra server won't have mu…

• Quote from Back.Off.Immortal: “What are you talking about? A way from 0 to 100 takes 1 evening. Which "early experience"? There is no early game in Albion because of low profit from masteries, IP debuffs in instances and low amount of fame needed to learn a weapon line to 100. ” They're talking about the early game experience for new players. Just so you know, while you can go from 0 to 100 in one evening, the average new players does not. And this change is intended for the average new player, …

• With a single shard game like Albion, just like EVE online, you're inevitably going to get latency issues. Splitting the game into multiple servers to reduce latency will result in other (in my opinion worse) downsides like separate economies that each need to be managed, servers that are dead during parts of the day when their timezone is asleep or at work, and the issue that some servers will be much more populated than others due to geographical location or due to popular groups or players pl…

• 8.4 stat bug and Nature Bug

Mandulf - - Bugs

I think I can explain the cooldown reduction stat bug. It's a bug indeed, in my opinion. A tooltip bug. (Warning, some numbers ahead.) There are multiple different ways for numbers to represent cooldown reduction, and this game seems to use two different ways as if they are the same stat, which is not only confusing for players but is also inconsistent and causes bug reports. One way (and the most obvious one) to represent cooldown reduction is to have a number that shows how much shorter your c…

• Unlike in real life, you have a choice as which gender you want to enter this game. Unlike in real life, your choice of gender has no impact on your ingame stats. Unlike in real life, you can choose to make a new character with another gender if you are not happy with your first choice.

• The number you see on your abilities isn't seconds. It's seconds as modified by your cooldown reduction. And with cooldown reduction your seconds go faster! If you have about -24.8% cooldown reduction (to turn that 45 second cooldown to 33.85), you can use a stopwatch and see that the time it takes for 45 to tick down to 0 takes less than 34 real seconds.

• You're matched with a random available opponent. There is no rating and you're getting matched with the same random opponents regardless of whether you're a bad or good player. You don't get bad opponents just because you're bad yourself, so if you want to win, you'll simply have to play good.

• Quote from Trial_hard: “What i can say on the weekend i came back to check the game for a few hours - mists are a lot less people. ” How did you see that there are fewer people in the mists? Doesn't the amount of mist zones scale with the amount of players inside it? As in, for every X people a new mist zone is opened? As a result I would expect there always to be about the same average amount of people per mist zone, even if the total amount of players in the mists goes up or down, so I don't r…

• Quote from Abstinator: “I really don't know where number come from, but with a quick search in Google u can get to this site: Top MMOs in 2023 Server Population & Player Count - MMO Populations (mmo-population.com) ” Sorry to say so, but using that website to track population is even less accurate than using steam. At least steam tracks some stats of the playerbase that plays through steam. Steam population charts are based on only a small fraction of the playerbase (people playing through steam…

• Oh, you're looking at steam charts? I wonder how small the fraction of players is that plays Albion through steam. I mean, I have steam but see no reason to play this game through steam if I can use the standalone game instead, so you won't see me in those statistics, nor many others. Example: What if steam albion has trouble and half the steam players swap to play via the standalone client? Your conclusion: half the playerbase stopped playing, game is dying! Possible reality: just as many playe…

• WASD

Mandulf - - Beginner's Questions

Just wondering, why would you want to limit yourself to 8 directions (or worse, keyboard turning) if you can have much more fine control over your direction using a mouse instead? (Not that I'm against more keybind options, I'd love to have an alternative to holding the mouse button until my finger hurts for fishing, for example.)