Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 21.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GvG Season 7 Changes

Starseed - - Developers' Statements

Quote from SamHexo: “Just..what? Why would we avoid grabbing more territories? The only thing the no-merc change will do is make it so all competent GvGers will join 1 guild in the alliance and therefore making the snowball bigger. The "main guild" in the alliance will be holding as many territories as they want while getting ahold of as many gvgers. Strategically with the time changes I don't see anything else happening, 1 guild will hold everything while also having all the abled gvgers from t…

• GvG Season 7 Changes

Starseed - - Developers' Statements

Quote from SamHexo: “Furthermore, whichever guild owns the most territory in the first place will be able to abuse counters/retals so now if you are trying to push someone out of a zone they control it will be a whole lot harder. ” This is a big concern that I tried to raise on the RT. The game is already way too snowbally towards the party on top, we don't need mechanics like counterattack giving the powerful group more power.

• Quote from Wadefu: “If it's digitally signed I would assume its ok. If it's not digitally signed don't even think it will let you play, as EAC will stop it. ” I believe the digital signature is required to whitelist something in EAC, but having a signed executable doesn't necessarily stop EAC from blocking it. I signed the Yolomouse EXE & DLL with a code signing cert and it still won't work.

• Quote from Eltharyon: “If we lose a lot of players now due to lack of opportunity to claim territory (we can't get the hideouts built this fast, they're quite complex), we probably won't get them back. ” Adding more territories without limiting how many territories an already powerful group can hold will do nearly nothing to widen the player base holding territories. The problem isn't that there's insufficient towers. The problem is that a dominant team is able to control a grossly disproportion…

• The primary two issue I see from this: -Underpopulation I don't have the data, but I'm guessing that Anglia & Cumbria zones are relatively unpopulated right now. Mercia has clearly been active, due to the higher level zones there resulting in better RD fame. Simply adding more low demand zones probably won't spread the actual player population out more. -Monopolized control There's no reason why existing powerful alliances won't simply expand their sphere of influence to swallow up all of the ne…

• As a gamer dad with a resume of UO, EQ, DAoC, Jumpgate, Asheron's Call, Shadowbane, SWG, & WoW, we can tell you that AO is probably a good fit, and like Immel said, Conflict might be your new home. Come say hi.

• The Guardsmen and their sister guild Rangers of Celidon were both RP friendly guilds that existed in Fort Sterling, and Lymhurst correspondingly. In the first 6 months of the game, they were active in those cities doing in character events in the city (Marching through the city, patrolling nearby zones for hostiles). At the end of the "War for Mercia" The Guardsmen joined WOKE and included WOKE in some RP events. When Mojo declared the war over, we roleplayed the end of the world, engaged in rit…

• Quote from tabooshka: “Quote from Starseed: “@PrintsKaspian Given the change to Soul & Relic drop rates today, the transmute prices are at a range where it's unlikely to be ever used. Will there be an update to the transmute prices? ” well its more of a hardcap on prices, not something you gonna use everyday ” And the hardcap they set was an appropriate price when souls were 10x rarer than runes, and relics 100x rarer. They indicated the reason they were updating the values was because they want…

• @PrintsKaspian Given the change to Soul & Relic drop rates today, the transmute prices are at a range where it's unlikely to be ever used. Will there be an update to the transmute prices?

• Hi Veetus, Conflict would like to fight you for the title of most transparent and democratic guild in all of Albion. Can you detail the metrics used for determining your claim?

• Don't be so quick to write off longbow. When you factor in Zerg escalation, the DPS from the W, E combo is probably still decent. We're talking about a non-artifact ranged weapon with no cast time. Compare it to other "Big Clap" abilities: -Longbow (15m range, 15s Cooldown (20 with explosive), Instant channel, slow effect, reflectable) -Badon (26m range, 30s Cooldown, Instant cast, Interrupt, T3 Artifact, reflectable) -Gala's (30s cooldown, 9m range, Melee, stacks required, T3 artifact, .9 sec c…

• Quote from Retroman: “Soft IP cap for GvGs in Low- and Mid- Outlands - Low Outland 50% scaling above 1000 IP (that is hell gates and crystal realm scaling) - Mid Outland 50% scaling above 1200 IP This change is not meant as the final solution for all snowballing problems and general high entry barrier, but rather a change for season 5, that potentially helps more teams that would like to try to get into the gvg scene. The lower IP levels should help reducing the gear cost per GvG fight. Cheers, …

• Quote from Syndic: “Essentially what a lot of posts here boil down to, is that every guild should have a few territories, and losing those few territories should be heavily penalizing to the winner. Does that make sense? ” More guilds with a few territories = a more vibrant game, with more small scale wars going on. One dominant force winning everything & then just sitting there for 1-2 seasons makes for a game that isn't much fun. The game needs a mechanism to allow the strongest guilds to flex…

• Quote from Stravanov: “With a lockout timer above 22 hours, you'd essentially make it so that one GvG team could only ever hope to hold 1 territory (unless they use alts). That's not a good solution imo. And it's easily circumvented by using alts. ” You're locked to the territory and one adjacent. One team would still be able to defend 3-5 territories in an area. Yes, alts would still be a problem, but currently, we've seen one single team with an army of alts defend an entire alliance. It's not…

• Quote from Lanyday: “I don't think you really thought through this. ” I think you underestimate how many towers are going unfilled for Crystal fights. What I've proposed is a mechanism for guilds with more crystal teams than towers to potentially take territories from guilds that have more territories than crystal teams. Small guilds that hold a huge number of territories on the strength of one strong GvG team are a part of the cause of GvG stagnation. (If you can't tell, I'm strongly in favour …

• The barrier to entry problem is partially due to a failure of the GvG lock system that allows a strong entity to hoard away control of too many territories. If the GvG locks were 3-7 days long, you'd have a much easier time of breaking in to GvG's as you wouldn't nearly guaranteed to face one of the best teams on the server with any given launch. Guilds would only be able to hold 1-3 territories for each GvG team they had. Currently it's very hard to develop a GvG team, because they need to be a…

• Quote from Lanyday: “You would have to make these guild island Crystal GvGs give significantly less rewards (season points and energy/other drops) or else it vastly reduces the value of territories. I’m thinking like 10% or less of what a normal territory based Crystal gives. It could be a cute way to ensure there are enough fights to go around though. ” It should be exactly the same rewards, but used to fill no shows. If a match is unable to made to an existing tower with a team, a random Guild…

• Quote from emutheblue: “We need solutions which improve on the winner-takes-all-so-everyone-hold-hands mentality. The major problems are that there is no incentive not to hold hands with everyone else in the game and there is no way currently to get fights against similarly skilled opponents. As an upstart guild, you have to be able to beat the best GvG teams in the game, or else it is nearly impossible to hold territory, even in royals. Without royals, you can't do Crystal GvGs, which should th…

• An alliance system with friendly fire is just enabling the NAP's that are problematic. Just remove them entirely, and have enough incentives for people to attack each other to act as a counter. Currently, the problem is that territory GvG's are incredibly expensive to do, and return very little reward. Your winning play is to NAP everyone around you, and hold onto things without fighting. THAT is the problem. You addressed the lack of fighting wonderfully with Crystal GvG's. Now find a way to li…

• API Feedback Request

Starseed - - Feedback & Suggestions

From a guild management perspective, being able to query the following would be helpful: -Gathering, PvE, PvP Fame by player for time period -Season points generated by player -Crystal GvG stats by player Much of this data is helpfully included in the guild stats section, and can be copied/pasted out, so that's a nice interim solution. From a generalized perspective, obviously market data would be very powerful.