Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• IGN: Rador Holy healer I can use discord, and am active, just looking for an active guild

• Quote from Aresmar: “Without being a total dick like some people....I like that Caerleon is surrounded by red and yellow zones. It makes the goods I caravan into the city that much more profitable. Life is awesome for me ha. ” Eh.. should be black if anything Ive ran a ton of stuff through the red zones and NEVER been ganked.

• Quote from Zigo: “There are like a thousand people in all the other cities, so they must be worth something lol. Keeps em outs CL as well. ” I wonder how long this will last. A ton of those people are just not ready for red or black zones yet. At some point in progression you will need to leave t4 and t5 zones, at which point Caerleon makes the most sense.

• Quote from Bercilak: “1) Specific zones being overcrowded Problem: There is a hard technical limit to how many players can be in a single zone, and this limit does not depend on the type of hardware used. It has to do with the fact that the information the server has to processes grows exponentially with player numbers. Many of you will know the wheat and chessboard problem, it's similar to that. This can not be overcome by better hardware (we already use the best available) or more servers, as …

• Quote from SRTtoZ: “Having a 'main city' was a terrible idea. They were trying to make another Jita but forgot that Jita got popular not because EVE Devs wanted it to be popular but because players did. ” Totally agreed. This is a sandbox game, let that stuff work it self out. Let it create super cities.. etc. Let stories happen. Honestly, like you said, remove Caerleon, and add ports to the black zones from the major cities and problem solved!

• When I started the game, I made my base of operation Murtlock. Two weeks later, I am starting to realize everything is either happening in the black zones, or right around Caerleon. What is the purpose of these outside cities? Is there any reason not to have my island and all my stuff in Caerleon? Will there really be "individual economies" in these side cities? I am starting to see all the "buy offers" moving away from Murtlock and primarily into Caerleon. Is the end game economy just .. Caerle…

• What year macbook pro are you running? I am running current gen with discrete gpu and it works great! Runs a little warm though...

• Quote from Dygenn: “If you're a min-maxer you just go out and harvest raw materials and sell them or turn them in to your guild. That makes the most economic sense and will be the fastest 'progression.' If you want to play a role of some sort in game mechanics beyond fighting and gathering, you do it because you like doing it. And if you're an economic wizard, you get rich playing around in the churn. ” So this may be true in the long term, but if you look at the leaderboard for fame. EVERY SING…

• Congratulations For A Great Launch

Lord-Radon - - Rants

Being a software developer, I can ensure you, scalability is NOT easy. I guarantee these guys are busting their asses trying to figure out ways to solve the scale we are providing. This is not a matter of "throwing more servers" or "more money" at the problem. There is a reason why most MMO's are on multiple servers. There's a reason why even the biggest companies have trouble when they launch their MMO type games. Even WOW has issues at almost every launch. To sit here in our little bubble and …