Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• There are a lot of opinions about how much or how little you should specialize. I am at the extreme end of thinking you should specialize as much as possible. I got this way by starting the game doing the exact opposite and being constantly punished for the choice. Just gather hide. Just refine hide. Just craft leather armor. Do the math on how much you are making from your focus on refining hide vs farming, and do the one that "earns" more silver. Eventually though refining is going to make you…

• Quote from SHARKY: “On a Tuesday ” I didn't come up with a satisfactory system for multi day choices. I am afraid that you can only pick one day. Apologies.

• CLOSE TREADS LOSERS

Piddle - - Rants

HUG IT OUT GUYS

• Quote from Gibba: “One month I'm sure you own one or more ghostwolf I bet 20 silver ” You don't have to bet. I am not laying odds on it. No entry is required to win the grand prize.

• CLOSE TREADS LOSERS

Piddle - - Rants

I tell people that don't vote that they are bad people. But, secretly I don't vote ever. Because I am too lazy.

• CLOSE TREADS LOSERS

Piddle - - Rants

HE IS STILL MAD GUYS!

• The prize is 10 silver, and I will put "<your forum name> won 10 silver off me, because I am dumber than they are." in my forum signature for no less than 1 month. If there is a tie, you split the silver, but get both your names in the line. If there are more than 10 people with the same guess, only the first 10 people win. 11th place. No trophy. My entry to the contest is: Never. You just have to post your guess. Once posted it may never be edited. No edited posts can win. No exceptions. Other …

• Yeah, the first one is probably price manipulation. The average price metric is pretty easy to mess with, either accidentally or on purpose, and people aren't always sophisticated enough to notice. The other two are pretty normal market making behaviors though. Which is pretty normal healthy economic behavior. The question is with the entire scale of the markets volume in silver, how much impact is any of that having on actual economic outcomes. If you start adding up the silver value of daily v…

• Albion Memes

Piddle - - Forum Banter

forum.albiononline.com/index.p…3a547baf916d424b9e98c988e

• Quote from Ravenar: “In many ways now that AO is almost 2 years old, the economy is similar to real life. Top 2% control the market. There is supply and demand that affect things but also decent amount of market manipulation going on. I am no economist. Just replying to follow this thread, really. This is something that has interested me for a long time. ” I'm always curious about what people mean when they talk about market manipulation. What does that mean to you and how do you think people go…

• Quote from Player112: “Quote from Piddle: “There is a difference between maximum profits and maximum marginal profit. It's an important one to understand if you want to actually be in business. Focusing on marginal profits is often a huge trap. ” WTF is a marginal profit? How comes a pro trader like me hasn't heard of that before? I know what a 20% profit margin is. Do you consider that too marginal? ” It depends on what your maximum profit is. With, what I assume, your amount of silver is 20% s…

• Quote from Holoin: “Quote from Player112: “. I never ask people how to make profit. I know more than they do. ” Some one who knows how to make profit always goes for maximun profits. There is no way to obtain maximun profits in crafting without premiun ” There is a difference between maximum profits and maximum marginal profit. It's an important one to understand if you want to actually be in business. Focusing on marginal profits is often a huge trap.

• Quote from Player112: “Loot shouldn't reduce because the BM drops first and then issues IOU's for people to fill. I am guessing if there are standing supply such as sell orders, those will get filled first. What's left will be filled by IOU's. What you noticed as a reduction in loot is just something psychological because you have expectations for it reduce. If there's any correlation, it's just a coincidence. ” I don't think this is exactly right. Here is the thread with the most information av…

• Quote from fip: “we know that loot from chest and mobs come from the players selling to the black market. Does loot only come from the black market? it could just be my imagination but i feel like i get less loot (t5/6 dungeons) around 11UTC than i do around 22UTC. could this be because of a core set of market traders getting ahead of item rolling demand during peak hours? how much loot is in the pool at certain times of day? ” Two things I can think of. First, the BM goes crazy after the server…

• We can turn off skins? WTF

Piddle - - Rants

You should really start asking yourself if your Nth post complaining about skins and telling everyone how unhappy you are, is really going to move the needle on anything other than peoples opinions about you. I have already taken you off the invite list for all my parties at this point.

• Quote from Hollywoodi: “Are you suicidal?? If you in T7/8 Dungeon and fame farm it you are most likely dead.. Skip all and just bosses is your only chance to minimize your risk ” So what. Risk vs Reward, as the kids say. I guess, thinking about it more. I don't care what happens in the T7/T8 zones. The real problem to me is that the skipping is happening in all of them, and new players are super discouraged by spending 10+ minutes and then getting nothing, doing them in T4-T6 zones. It is just t…

• The skipping mechanics are lame. It isn't the people ganking the loot that sucks though. It is the feelsbad that comes for all the people using them as intended, and then finding out the bad news at the end. There should be an indicator that the chest was opened, that you can see when you actually enter the dungeon. I wouldn't be against the boss not appearing until 80% of the mobs were cleared though.

• Quote from Fusionbomb: “Quote from Piddle: “I'm out here trying to save us all from being overweight. ” Maybe some of us like being Morbidly Obese. ” And that is ok. I just don't think people shouldn't be tricked into it. The key is informed consent. Currently SBI just tells people they won't be obese and then suddenly they are land whales.

• People who complain about other things should complain more about the things I complain about. WAH WAH WAH I got dived in a sRD. WAH WAH WAH I don't like skins. I'm out here trying to save us all from being overweight. Think of the savings in healthcare if none of us ever went over 100%

• normal computer for Albion online

Piddle - - Forum Banter

Quote from Player112: “Quote from Crane: “I feel bad that your mother gave birth to you. ” I feel bad for your entire family tree for your existence. ” An elite pro trader would be without emotion. Especially feeling bad.