Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 47.

• Nah. Was not a meme. Force Field is played because it is strong. Most notably with Wildfire staff, that's a fact. The Force Field meta is clearly in place because of Ice Block and the fact that you easily win against stun dps, BUT, Force Field is a spell that was seeing some play time before Cleric Cowl and not as a meme. Stun dps builds dominant ? Yeah, Grailseeker dagger for around 2 months after Hgs rework, Quarterstaff dagger before rework... there's also a recurring theme there. Trust me, I…

• The meta shifted to Force Field before shifting to Ice Block, so you're wrong on that one. People used the second spell of Cloth Cowls in Healer Dps match ups before using Ice Block as it is the best way to set up a big E with Cursed Staff, Claymore or Dagger pair. Cleric Cowl began being played after they realised that know that they used Force Field, they could run any cloth cowl, the best of them being Cleric Cowl to effectively destroy one shot comps. One shot comps are unfunny to fight agai…

• Quote from Asheraxia: “Quote from Karthaz: “Thing is, in instanced pvp, Healers know what they are going to face and since Cloth cowl's knck back is so strong in Healer dps match up, they use this spell quite often and switch to ice block when the only other match up happens : double dps. So Ice block IS an issue in these match ups since it is a free win for them now that the maps made resetting for double dps comps so hard. But it would be fine if Ice block was the only defensive ability, which…

• Thing is, in instanced pvp, Healers know what they are going to face and since Cloth cowl's knck back is so strong in Healer dps match up, they use this spell quite often and switch to ice block when the only other match up happens : double dps. So Ice block IS an issue in these match ups since it is a free win for them now that the maps made resetting for double dps comps so hard. But it would be fine if Ice block was the only defensive ability, which is not. I decided to focus on ice block bec…

• I mean, now we only have to hope for someone that has a role to play in the balance patches to look at this and think about it for themselves. Honestly, the thought process behind this rework is to make Cleric Cowl equally as useful as it is now, but to add a layer of skill to the otherwise braindead ability + making it outplayabl and I think we collectively did it. I hope we will gather some more views and opinions. (Btw Catandcoffee, you can run something else than Cleric Cowl as healer in 2v2…

• That would be more fair tbh. And no, Cleric Cowl is not good only because of the swap. What makes it good is the fact that you have an effective ability against heal/dps (knock back) and the best ability possible againt double dps as well, on a single piece of armor. that's what we are trying to solve by gathering thoughts. The new concept would be so much better, Arroq. It would mean that it could be breakable in 2v2 !

• I just wanted to add about the one downside you both told me existed about the Cleric Cowl (because every thing you said was basically close to "you are unable to do anything") I think it's not a downside when you consider the following : If you have to use Cleric Cowl, it's because you would have died if you hadn't pressed the button. The fact that you can't do anythign for 4.5 sec (or less if you cancel it) is nonsense, since if you hadn't use Cleric Cowl, you would be dead, and as we all know…

• Oh ok, yeah, I mean, they are just what I can think about in 10 minutes, nothing ground breaking or that needs to be added to the game. I also think that the 4th is cool. 1 is cool but would change the game too much and add too much "skill" to Albion tbh. Cause as much as I agree that piling maces stun to kill someone is braindead, pressing one button to absolutely counter it even though you fell for it in the first place is at least equally braindead, if not worth.

• I think my point isn't clear. I specified multiple times in the first message that I think that the Cleric Cowl is fine in open world since in open world, it has its downside, especially the fact that you're afk when you could be helping a team. I agree with that 100%. My point was entirely based on 2v2, hence the "meta defining" character of the armor. And, about the "braindead cc spam builds", idk if you're talking about 2v2, MrPotato, but as mentionned in my post, res pot gives you a 90% cc r…

• Cleric Cowl is just too good. It has every upsides a cloth armor could ask for and absolutely 0 drawback. It is powerful because : 1°) It requires no skill to use since you can use it while stunned or silenced for example (in opposition to Cleric Robe which requires you to anticipate the fact that you will take damage to actually be useful). 2°) It has no drawbacks regarding the usage of the spell since you can cancel it whenever you want, thus making a wrong usage of the cowl not punishable. Yo…

• I agree with almost everything you said honestly. The game needs a good 5v5 content and neither crystal league nor 5v5 hellgates is pleasing right now, which is sad. What I always found to be amazing about the game is the fact that the 5v5 is sometimes unbalanced, but always feels like everyone is doing their part. Because you mentionned league, I'll talk about League a little myself. Right now, in League, the meta feels horrible, everyone one shots everyone, you have no real "role", whether you…

• Quote from Quagga: “ye and tell me how u want fight with fire ? valor armor is the only dumb item in wholegame to counter this shit fire artilery from 14 screens away. same with firewall for melle ” This is an error in design. Some locked spells behave strangely. I can basically think of 3 of them easily, Crossbow Q1, boltcasters E and Fire artillery. They lock on a target from a fair range, but the extended range once it is locked is WAY too broken. You can't face tank those abilities most of t…

• Quote from Asheraxia: “PLEASE if you are going to nerf fire, and the only staff that is remotely useful, incorporate a CC slow (50% for .5-1 sec) into Burning Field so that ALL of the fire staffs are usable. ” Idk if your idea is a good idea or not, but I too think that fire should get some kind of overall buff to make it viable. Apart from Wildfire that has been completely op for the past weeks just because the damage numbers were too high (honestly, the design of the E spell takes no skill and…

• Having a smurf account in Albion is such a low blow. We face a lot of smurf accounts in 2v2 with a friend (they are usually not much better than the other but they have way too much pvp fame and way too low overall fame to be main accounts) and it's boring. Adding elo to the pvp content is to make pvp enjoyable for everyone. If any smurf reads this post, just delete your account or do something useful with the smurf account, craft, gather, don't traumatize new players for the sake of getting fre…

• Quote from LegaI: “Quote from Ralll: “Wouldnt it be better just implemend the CD system to 2v2s? ” I dont believe so, 2v2 player base is quite small, having 3 different 2v2s is too much I think, splits the player base up too much, which was the original reason why SBI made lethal and non lethal instead of corrupted system. Lethal and Non Lethal is fine imo, just making the lethal IP cap 50% would fix the biggest problem of people not seeing it as endgame content. ” Honestly, shaking up the meta …

• NA need some kind of unfair advantage to be relevant in any game. In Albion, they have ping advantage Joke apart, it's a real problem but I think there is too much money involved to get "perfect" servers that would balance all that.

• Hey everyone. I recently started fishing. And by recently, I mean that I've been doing that a whole lot for the past weeks. I actually love that activity but I couldn't help but notice some things that could be improved in my opinion. To start off, I think there is something sad about fishing. You don't get to look for fishes with rarity on them, like .1, .2 or .3 in any other gathering job (I know rarities were added for quarriers so it's a possibility). I don't know how it could work, maybe cr…

• My definitive review of Albion.

Karthaz - - Forum Banter

"definitive review of an MMORPG" -> proceeds to play the game a few days and quit. What a great Idea XD Why don't you do a definitive review of World of Warcraft by only playing vanilla quests for three days and reach level 20 ? XD You haven't touched any late game content and you barely grasp the meaning of early game content as well. Posting this review on a forum basically visited by people that have a lot of hours on the game was not the best idea my friend. If you dislike the gameplay so mu…

• Well, I mean, I have 90% wr in 2v2s and I usually make about 20kk an evening with my mate, so I don't whine about the fact that I lose xD But I guess that it's easier to go out here and try to guess what people are doing and how they are playing than actually playing the game and facing Dagger pair all day long. At least 50% of the duos play Dagger pair right now in 2v2s. Hattenhair, by that, I don't know if you mean that I play to see my infamy grow or if you respond to Tsuitachi, but I would s…

• hey! Rankings have changed sicne last time, but anyways, denying the obvious fact that many players left because of Dagger Pair (won for example) or hate the meta because of that weapon is useless. The reason I don't "abuse it" to make money is because there is no fun in that, and also because that's not how a balanced game works. Nobody goes "Oh this is op but it's fine because 100% of the players can play it". You want balance between all weapons. Also I really don't think you know anything ab…