Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

• Usually, I have Skyrim up and paused while I’m writing. Whenever I find myself stuck, I switch over to Skyrim, play for ten or fifteen minutes, then when I get unstuck, I pause the game and switch back to writing. This past week or so, I’ve been playing C&C 3 instead. Same thing: I’ll start a skirmish (me against the computer) and leave it paused. If I get stuck writing, I’ll switch over to the game, unpause it, play for a bit, then hit Pause and go back to writing.

• Books You're Currently Reading?

zocha - - Small Talk

[*] I just finished The Miniaturist. It was one of those books that I devoured to be honest. It's set in Amsterdam in the late 17th century (I'm obsessed with Amsterdam right now) and is about a girl who goes to live at the house of her new wealthy husband. There were parts of the story that I found a bit unconvincing — particularly the whole sub-plot upon which the title is derived — but I really enjoyed the claustrophobic atmosphere and the sheer amount of research that evidently went into the…

• things u hate about school

zocha - - Small Talk

What I hated the most in school was that our creativity is being killed. Everything has to be done turnkey, no independent thinking. Take, for example, "What did the author of the poem mean" We listen to everyone's ideas, but only those that fit the key are good, do you think otherwise? Thank you already. After all, we do not need differently thinking individuals in the system. The next issue is homework. We sit at school for 8 hours a day, so it's enough time to teach us something. Time after s…