Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 23.

• Getting in to PVP

Dredi - - Beginner's Questions

Daggers are still at least average, I wouldn't worry too much about having to force another weapon in if you don't want to. They're worse than they've been for a long time, but they're still usable. Some matchups are simply a lost cause and you should look to getting out of there than trying to take the losing fight. Bloodletters in particular can just turn around and get out of there in quite many cases. murderledger.com/ and experience will help you recognize when you should leg it and when yo…

• Healers are going to have difficulties doing solo pve, corrupted dungeons tend to be the only reasonable way to level a nature staff if you're insistent on playing solo. If you're unsure what to play, you can pick one of the safe weapons that are versatile enough to have options for most types of content such as frost, bows and spears. Most non-healer weapons are at least passable at solo content. Stay away from arcane though.

• Combat class question

You don't need to worry about picking weapons from the same tree (e.g. Mage vs Hunter), you unlock those trees almost instantly. As far as healers go, holy is far more versatile right now, though nature isn't exactly useless either, plus they've been buffed a few times recently. I'd recommend starting with Great Holy as it's affordable and usable for a wide variety of activities. Afterwards you'll wanna look at one or more of these depending on what you're planning to do: Great Holy: ZvZ, crysta…

• Any idea what happen?

Missing a T2 offhand?

• There's a number of guilds who are dedicated for royal/guerilla BZ content. Discord tends to be the best place to find them. Use keyword searches, e.g. "In:guild-recruitment bridgewatch" for best results. You can sometimes find good stuff on the recruitment forum as well. Dead guilds are everywhere, but once you have a shortlist of guilds you're interested in, you can check their killboard to make sure they're actually active: albiononline.com/en/killboard

• Game!!!!!

Dredi - - General Questions & Discussions

albiononline.com/en/killboard/kill/304399446 What's the deal with homeless people? Just get 8.2 sets LOOOOOL 4Head

• How to make a LOT of money?

Quote from Nim2: “Quote from Tabor: “Step 1: Equip a hallowfall, poison helm, royal jacket, and scholar sandals. Step 2: Go brainlessly win CDs and get rich with no effort. ” will they ever fix that, i stop playing CD because of that toxic buil ” There's a self-heal nerf in the NDA patch notes right now, probably gonna hurt the CD healers pretty severely.

• Yellow Zone PVP Question

Yellowzones used to have death if you were involved with faction warfare, but since the latest major patch, that's no longer the case. You can't die in Yellowzone anymore unless you do /suicide or hit the die button after getting knocked down. You can be attacked, but you only get knocked down, which only gives you a little bit of durability damage on the gear you wear. Essentially yellowzones are barely different to bluezones. I'd recommend spending just enough time in yellowzone to learn the b…

• Avalon roads are just about the only step-up for a group of 2 looking for pve. They're blackzone though, so watch out for gankers and don't bring expensive gear, but the rewards tend to be worth it. You could also try group dungeons, but they tend to need very specific setups if you wanna do them with 2 people.

• I'd recommend unlocking all tier 3 nodes (e.g. Journeyman Warrior and Journeyman Leather Armor Fighter) as you get started - each of them should only take you some minutes to complete. It'll let you use all tier 3 equipment in the game. Afterwards you'll need to use a tier 3 of the weapon/armor of your choice for maybe 15 minutes to an hour to unlock the t4 variant (A lot less once you're more experienced) - you only need to do this for the items you actually want to use. If you're unsure what y…

• Damage Modifier's broken???

Dredi - - Bugs

It's not a tooltip error, it's working as intended. Tooltips always show the value before modifiers and it's useful so you can compare values with other weapons without having to navigate a jungle of secondary modifiers.

• Quote from Hattenhair: “Quote from Reiswaffle: “Quote from SOOKGOD: “I lost the aval scroll due to this inspection. I'm a premium. Is this normal for a paid game? I don't know when the dungeon will disappear again, how can I trust and play the game? You guys have to make amends. Turn my scroll back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ” wait premium costs $$$? ” You can get premium for real $$$, otherwise its a massive silver sink which helps stabilize the game's e…

• Quote from Malkalma: “I am really concerned that people can just login into anyones account... Wth? ” Why wouldn't they be able to? Seems kind of normal to me. I'd be more concerned if they didn't have basic tools like this. How would they even do their jobs if they can't look into your accounts?

• Quote from Olysja: “I trust the anticheat programs and usually the bans are well deserved. But they only like to know from SBI support team which program gave them the account ban. In a game where you invest a lot of time and money i think it s right to answer their question before confirming the permanban. Goodluck solving your issue guys. ” Remember when Arenanet had the md5 hash of an empty file on their blacklist for an instant permaban and ended up banning hundreds of users, all the while s…

• - Claws: Mostly for ganking, not terribly good for 1v1s. You can do some memes with them where you bait your opponent into lava pools or mobs and the immobilize them with claws, but apart from that they're quite weak. - Bloodletter: A very popular choice for corrupted dungeons, high mobility and still brawls fine. You can run a few setups with this, commonly used with brawl gear. - Black hands: Also very popular, but most people will run it with a fairly specific setups (For example: assassin ho…

• Just add 1v1 HGS

Dredi - - General Questions & Discussions

I think the problem with 1v1 Hellgates would be that it would just enforce a prevalence of turret setups like 1h fire hunter/cleric/guardian builds. They don't work in CDs because they sacrifice all mobility for maximum beef and damage (your opponents just leave), but if you have no exits and an eventual lava flow coming in, all you see are zero mobility brawlers and that's really boring. In CDs right now the meta is more vibrant exactly because you get rewarded for being able to chase down kite…

• UI Issues

Dredi - - Feedback & Suggestions

Came here to complain about 2) as well but found your thread instead. This thing is driving me nuts when I keep accidentally dragging the chat window around in the middle of a fight.

• Black market being harder to access --> Raising value of silver? That's what I thought it was, anyway.

• You can try some of these: albionstats.com/solo/top-builds/2H_IRONGAUNTLETS_HELL You'll wanna spec 700/700 eventually anyway if you're running daggers so you'll need that dagger pair spec either way. By the way, bloodletters and 1h daggers are also very good if not better than both black hands and dagger pairs. They have a different playstyle, but something you'll probably wanna check out too.

• Dagger pairs are average at best, not because the damage is low, but because it's very predictable and very easy to counter. Especially in corrupted dungeons, almost everyone will have some form of answer to it. They're best used as a surprise, rather than in a closed arena format. Black hands work in a similar way, but it purges the target, making them far more effective, despite the lower damage.