Search Results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

• So, the UI....

machz - - General Questions & Discussions

Quote from Crane: “Quote from machz: “Are the developers not embarrassed by the current state of the UI? If AO is considered foremost a mobile game that just happens to run on Windows, I guess the UI is fine, but if this is a PC game, what the fuck is going on? As a person who has dumped hundreds of dollars into the game over the years, I am interested to know, truly, what the fuck is being done about the UI? It has not really changed since beta, and it was substandard then. ” OH SHIT DEVS, WE G…

• So, the UI....

machz - - General Questions & Discussions

Are the developers not embarrassed by the current state of the UI? If AO is considered foremost a mobile game that just happens to run on Windows, I guess the UI is fine, but if this is a PC game, what the fuck is going on? As a person who has dumped hundreds of dollars into the game over the years, I am interested to know, truly, what the fuck is being done about the UI? It has not really changed since beta, and it was substandard then.

• Congratulations on launching mobile! We're all now able to manage our farms while taking a shit, without having to move our desktops into the bathroom temporarily or simply pinching one where we game. You guys identified a serious problem and you solved it. Well done. Here's some other stuff you might think about: - Update the unforgivably dogshit, proof-of-concept wireframe UI that has been mostly left untouched since beta: - Enable configurable visual/auditory cues for status effects, cooldown…

• Why are we still focusing on mobile?

machz - - Rants

Does anyone give a shit about mobile at this point? At first, it seemed cool that mobile was going to be fully integrated into the game. However, in practice, it seems like all it does is hold Albion Online back and prevent substantial improvements to the game. Can we forget about this garbage already?

• 10v10 Hellgates? 3v3?

machz - - Feedback & Suggestions

I think Corrupted Dungeons are a great start, but they definitely need more tuning.

• 10v10 Hellgates? 3v3?

How about 3v3 instead? It's far more difficult to get 10 players together, and there's still no competitive PvP content for 3-man groups.

• error on download

machz - - Bugs

Download error, via launcher log: WARN 2020-10-21T08:07:07.737 "C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/Albion Online Launcher-l9Mfi9/downloads/Albion-Online_Data/StreamingAssets/GameData/cluster/2354_WRL_ST_AUTO_T8_MOR_OUT_Q2.cluster.bin.zip run into timeout"

• Error on download

machz - - Bugs

Getting this error, via the launcher log: Source Code (1 line)

• UI Improvements?

Has SBI ever given a reason for why they've done nothing significant at all with the UI after all this time? It is in desperate need of an overhaul.

• I would be interested to know as well. I've hit up T3 black zones, but only saw tons of Travertine and literally zero Sandstone.

• The definition of paying to win is paying to win. If you pay money for an advantage, you're paying to win. I think most would consider unlimited silver (potentially) a serious advantage. Just because, relatively speaking, the advantage gained might pale in degree to some crappy mobile game that has given you PTSD, does not have any bearing whatsoever on the definition.

• Being able to purchase in-game cash directly from the game developer is P2W, but this happens anyways with gold farmers. Prevailing wisdom seems to be that it's better for the game, in general, if the game studio receives the proceeds of in-game currency sales, as opposed to the gold farmers.