Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 41.

• The map in the news article is for the updated visuals, not the version of Darkbough on Live. Looks like there are less small elevation changes and less chokes relative to Live. More tiny doodads/rocks as well.

• Quote from Piddle: “If you want the IP changed there is a Feedback and Suggestions section of these very forums you can use to give developers your input. ” ask and ye shall receive. Put the IP cap back on yellow/blue zones

• The yellow zone should have an IP cap. I think Albion Online has a good thing going now with high risk full loot zones for Pro Gamers and low risk non-lethal zones for Casuals or Newbies, but this dichotomy is spoiled by the ability to play sweaty in the faction warfare yellows. As a semi-active player at the moment, sometimes I like to chill out on my bean bag playing Albion on mobile. When I play like this I play meme builds with mobile controls in t6flat and basically no spec in non-lethal fa…

• Some mmo players think full loot mmos are savage and abusive, but this reputation isn’t destiny. Part of this reputation is due to the failure of the developers to allow more nuanced interactions between players. When you cross paths with another player in a lethal zone, you’re only options are to let them go or murder them. Allowing players to rob instead of murder will make Albion a richer more immersive world. How would this work? When you “kill” someone they become downed instead of dead. A …

• Quote from Piddle: “This is literally the first time in over 2 years that I have seen someone complain about IP cap changes. ” I think the yellow zone should have an IP cap so I’m happy to fill your complaint quota: I think Albion Online has a good thing going now with high risk full loot zones for Pro Gamers and low risk non-lethal zones for Casuals or Newbies, but this dichotomy is spoiled by the ability to play sweaty in the yellows. As a semi-active player at the moment, sometimes I like to …

• I have been casually playing the iOS client since release and I have some suggestions to improve it. Overall I’m really impressed with how well it works. 1. The game crashes in ZvZ with 50+ people. I’ve mostly been slumming it in the yellow zone faction warfare while feeling out the controls and every time I get in a big blob I know it’s gonna crash eventually, multiple times. I have an iPhone 12 which is about as high end as you can go so I feel this shouldn’t be happening. It crashes at other …

• I've started going through some of the new tutorial just to check it out and I would suggest if possible you should allow players to accept multiple quests. I got to the point where I accepted the "I want to mine ore!" quest and I saw it had like 6 different objectives to accomplish which seems like a lot. What happens if I get bored halfway through completing that quest? Albion isn't about quests, but everyone who plays MMOs expects quests and if you give new players quests they are going to do…

• Loadout Feedback

Lanzier - - Feedback Testserver

Quote: “"Actually the entire system is built around IP. What the equipping settings provide is a way to filter the items in a container by the different parameters (tier, enchantment, quality). The system will essentially scan a container for all of the items that match the selected one, filter out all that dont match the selected rules and equip the item that has the closest matching IP to the original. Cheers, - Mo" ” This does match IP but that isn't always good. The way the system is designe…

• Thoughts on Loadouts

1. Loadouts are awesome. 2. When the "Some parts of your Loadout could not be equipped" notification pops up I want a "Don't Show Again" button. 3. I think the Equipping Settings needs a fourth option that tries to match closest IP. Right now you can select Same, Same or Higher, or Same or Lower. But there is no option for "Closest IP Higher or Lower Just Get Me Close For the Minimum Estimated Market Value". If I put a 7.2 item in a loadout I might care that the item is at least T6 (if I want on…

• Warbow E deals more damage the farther away the player hit is. The new warbow tool tip describes the increase in damage in terms of time instead of distance. This may be how the damage is calculated by the game but I don't measure time in game I look at the distance on the screen. It should be reworked to be described in terms of distance instead. On live it is described in terms of distance but it just says close vs far instead of an exact distance. The new tooltips are nice.

• Open world roaming is a core part of an open world pvp sandbox like Albion. For solo players this open world content was solo random dungeon diving. The Rise of Avalon change to cause solo dungeons in red and black zones to collapse was suboptimal and deserves a rework. Content in full loot zones should not be so safe. Corrupted Dungeons are a fun attraction but are not a suitable replacement to open world roaming. Rather than reverting the change, and thus re-empowering scumbag group gankers, I…

• Ignoring the specific numbers I think this is a really interesting suggestion and I'm surprised there aren't any items which work like it already. At first it seems un-intuitive, why would you punish the player with a higher cooldown for hitting more players? But it isn't a punitive measure its a balancing one. It allows the item to do medium damage on a medium cooldown in small scale and large damage on a long cooldown in ZvZ. The devs would need to find the right ratio of Extra Cooldown to Pla…

• Avalonian Science

Here is the raw data dump if you can do a better statistical analysis than I: pastebin.com/jjr8bwtC

• Avalonian Science

This scientific article is authored by Lanzier, the Merlyn's Beard Chair of the Department of Mistical Transference at the Avalonian Science School in Caerleon. Lanzier holds a PhD in Energy Manipulatipn and a BS in Gender Studies from the Thetford Institute of Technology. The Avalonian Science School was founded after the Battle for Caerleon with the blessing and funding of Don Caerleon. Abstract A recent awakening of Mistical Energies has resonated across the lands of Albion. Gateways to lands…

• This is still a bug on the RoA test server

• Mob got sucked into terrain

Lanzier - - Bugs Testserver

I was running through one of the roads in the wilds and a stone or ore elemental started running toward me then abruptly seemed to disappear into the rock wall next to him. Haven't seen it happen again and I'm not sure exactly what happened the first time but I thought I'd mention it.

• I can't tell if they are buggy or not. Originally I couldn't get the speed boost, then I realized I had better luck putting my character over the arrows instead of my horse, then that stopped working. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Not sure if its buggy or I'm an idiot.

• The bow E counts down incorrectly, causing the damage/speed buff to fall off when the quiver stacks still say 3/18, 4/18, etc. arrows left. And the number stops counting down while the zombie buff icon stays below my nameplate. I think this started happening when you changed the speed at which the bow auto attack travels to target. That was a couple patchs ago. It is very annoying because it makes it hard to chain uses of E together. The buff says 8 arrows left but you might only actually have 3…

• Since a faction warfare revamp is on the horizon, here are some more suggestions for making faction warfare great: 1. Faction Seasons Factions should have a season system that runs concurrently with the GvG season. The season system is one of Albion's strengths. It provides context and meaning to a bunch of activities in game that are otherwise boring and encourages teamwork and cooperation. New players often come into the game with few or no friends, and are not sure if they are willing to inve…

• Does durability loss % have any relation to how many items in a stack get destroyed? So if I get ganked by 11 players with 100 iron ore on me, does 50 ore get destroyed in that stack?