Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 37.

• Quote from CallMeGosu: “albion is based around risk/reward. if you cant handle the risk and feel unhappy with it stay away from the rewarding content. what do u think? that u get something similiar rewarding without any risk? u play the wrong game dude.... ” I'm not sure about what risk\reward you are talking about in CrD. I started to farm them recently, got invaded 2 times in stalker during few days, escaped no problem. Got killed 1 time in Slayer, due to lack of rat experience, lost like 500k…

• Or, you know, instead of punishing people who skip in CD we can just try to solve the root of the problem: make fame/silver gains less in cd than in open world. Some bright-mind in SBI decided that instanced content in the open world oriented game should be the most rewarding activity for solo players, and thats the problem imho. I personally got like 140k infame in the first second week knowing literally nothing about the game, and dropped cds after, since i was playing with a friend. Months af…

• Dagger Difficulties

Metteia - - Beginner's Questions

Oh well, seems like no one is answering you, so I will try. It WILL be better with an assassin spirit, shadow edge and chain slash (tho it's kinda nerfed for single target recently). As a person who started to play with dagger pair too, I was pretty much disappointed in the begging as well. Tried 1h dagger and it was fun, at least I could kill people in the arena, but clear speed - meh. And I was too poor for bloodletter + was having some prejudice against players wearing it. So I dropped dagger…

• Quote from Piddle: “I'm just speaking for myself, but the scope of what the OP is asking about is just too broad for me to even know where to start. It feels less like a question and more like a request to explain the entire game to him so that he can make optimal choices. The real problem comes when you find out that optimal choices are different from day to day, month to month, and year to year. ” Yeah, that's fair. Watched a lot of videos and guides since that post, and now i indeed realize -…

• Quote from CallMeGosu: “we mostly play red zones with our new recruits and they hit 80 specs very fast. we dont even fame well, mostly solo rd. a good fame group can hit 100 spec in a very short time. maybe leave your yellow zones instead of complaining about "gap". its not like you need 200 hours to get some specs this days. ” strange of you to assume that people who are not happy about having to grind instanced pve solo dungeons in an open world pvp mmo sandbox, are not leaving yellow zones lm…

• Quote from She0gorath: “What if you can only have one elite weapon specialization per tree? You know, with the option to switch to another by resetting the current one and stuff. It would make for a good silver sink and it would be less OP Edit: Most people are concerned about the grind. You won’t have to grind as much if it’s only one ” Yup, that's what word "elite" means, and something i expected when i first saw news about it. And boy, i really hope it will be that way. I'm just expecting a w…

• Hello guys. I'm a bit tired of spending my focus on cabbage and now looking for a more efficient way to exchange my focus to money, even if it's a long-term project. So I have a couple of questions regarding all of that. When I only started i heard that many crafters have alts, i guess so they could have more focus to spend, and more learning points to lvl up crafting/refining faster, is it right? I wonder if 1 refiner and 1 crafter is good, or is it better to just make 2 crafters to reach a mor…

• Uuuhhhh, sounds reasonable. I wish i didn’t know about this huh. looks like it’s good time to tryout gathering, crafting or refining, and try to make ganks more profitable.

• Hello guys? Any info regarding ETA of that update? Cause after getting that information Quote from Korn: “When the higher combat specs get rolled out, we will combine this with a series of strong fame buffs, meaning that going from 0-100 will be significantly easier than it is right now. In addition to that, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard. The result of that is that somebody starting at 0 will gain spec quickly, while somebody who is at 100 now will have to work very hard to go furthe…

• Quote from Bulaches: “Even if people will be allowed to use fame credits, can you imagine how much they will actually have to spend to get like 3 levels? ” Nope, but maybe you can? Funny words considering that patch isn't notes isn't dropped yet. Basically, i believe it will be just the same, with only difference that even players who played like few years will have to grind again. You defending this idea, but in the end, it's 90% probability that it will stay as it is: your 100 spec vs enemy 12…

• Have a mixed feeling about this tbh, since gap will remain the same, if not bigger (If elite spec will be this hard to max). But hard to tell since we have no idea how much IP elite spec will provide. On the other hand, if it will be possible to have access to to all weapon abilities much quicker, its rather good news. And difference between plebs will be lower. Although rich guys and veterans may be even more dangerous. BTW does anyone have idea when this patch may come? PS glad that i didnt sp…

• Yay!!! More gap between rich and poor, old and new. What a marvelous decision! Am i gonna be rekt by dude in t3 with 1300 ip now? xD Seriously speaking though - more grind is really silly decision game-wise. We already have to grind to unlock some VITAL abilities for weapons (looking at you arcane), and now its even more. I understand that progression is needed, and veteran players should be rewarded for their time and efforts. But we are speaking about FULL LOOT pvp here. Newer players will hav…

• Quote from dantes187: “I hardly ever see 3rd spell on merc shoes ever used ” Well, thats kinda the purpose of invisibility?)

• Honestly, it’s just amazing how this thread is still going. Dude doesn’t like core mechanic and feature that is definitive for AO, and literally asks for full access to PvE without PvP, obviously too new to understand consequences. While other dudes imply that it’s not rly possible. First dude see that he didn’t, somehow, changed whole game concept with just few posts on forum, so it’s clear that other people can’t read. And he repeats, that he MAY like AO if devs turn it into the kind of game h…

• Re: Forced PvP is a failure.

Metteia - - Forum Banter

Quote from Taladome: “We as players can compromise but the company has a fixed amount of income that must be met, if not, it's game over for everyone.. ” It's almost like you actually know what you are talking about, lmao. I'm not even gonna elaborate, since you are just retarded. You can type this arrogant bs about how things HAVE TO be done, and how no one is getting your problem with AO, while the only problem here is that it's not a game for you. You literally could ask to change the setting…

• Quote from Tabor: “Sword guys win. Major buffs for swords just posted in the NDA balance. ” Win? Major buffs? Is it though? While it's certainly nice to have the worst Q buff in-game buffed (more like returned to the previous state), it will change nothing about the swords representation. Yes claymore and broadsword will be more deadly in corrupted, but that's probably it. Harmstring - nice rework, but still need to be in range for the first hit, + it will eat 2 Heroic stacks per 10 seconds. Thi…

• Hey guys! Need your advice with what heal staff to choose, and maybe what will be better to gear up it with for duo. I tried great holy, life-touch, and ironroot. While Ironroot seemed to be the most dynamic, and fun to play, i have a concern that it can be deleted quite easily, since like every ganker have some kind of a purge. On the other hand, holy can be interrupted\controlled\silenced, and so on. And it's quite immobile in comparison with ironroot. But hey, it least it's cheaper! So if any…

• Quote from Blenfjorn: “Quote from Metteia: “Care to give at least one argument? Things like “everyone using them” (not true), “me not bad, its just op”, and my favorite “if you are defending it, i’m right” are just silly. As ppl mentioned already, you can kite, trade cooldowns from you chest or helmet, purge it, or just stop attack. Axe or curse user? Your problem. Curse still deals a tons of damage, and axes were shining for long enough + you still in the same boat as everyone else since cleric…

• Care to give at least one argument? Things like “everyone using them” (not true), “me not bad, its just op”, and my favorite “if you are defending it, i’m right” are just silly. As ppl mentioned already, you can kite, trade cooldowns from you chest or helmet, purge it, or just stop attack. Axe or curse user? Your problem. Curse still deals a tons of damage, and axes were shining for long enough + you still in the same boat as everyone else since cleric get proced way more often than not. Wearing…

• Quote from Calesvol: “Quote from Metteia: “And what data do you expect from us? ” I am just saying there is a lot of conjecture from both sides, and I do not see a lot of good, concrete arguments or analysis. I see a lot of opinions, which are totally valid. That is part of the purpose of the forums and it certainly creates the discourse that swords are underperforming, which I support. What I would like to see is more analysis. Murderledger is great. I think it tells one part of the story with …