Search Results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

• Locus NDA

Sarolveldruk - - General Questions & Discussions

Quote from Retroman: “Arcane Staffs The locus is a very strong support weapon in ZvZs. Right now it allows for a very strong double role whenever the frontline engages or is engaged. It will remove the enemy buffs and cleanse all your allies, combined with the long up-time and radius it makes it makes for support that is always good to be dropped on both frontlines whenever they clash. To open these situations up for more deliberate decision we will remove the purge effect of the Void. This way …

• NDA Locus Nerf

Sarolveldruk - - Feedback & Suggestions

I also feel like there needs to be something to make up for the loss of cleansing allies. Higher resistance could be appropriate, so your allies can weather the CC better. That being said it did feel a little simplistic in its usage, so maybe this will force some decisionmaking down the line.

• Evensong

Sarolveldruk - - Overpowered/Underpowered Items

Evensong applies the circle to three players max, but those circles can affect a lot more.

• All good suggestions. Mimic has some oddities and lackluster options, but I wonder if we're simply looking at it the wrong way. We like Mimic because it can double the Shock, but Shock is a Q-type spell and so the other W-spells are caught in an apples vs oranges situation. What your suggestions seem to point out is how they compare with one another as W-spells, when perhaps we could look at changing the self-mimic spell. Optimizing the other mimicked Ws could make it too strong in general. It's…

• It's hard for me to pin down what exactly I think Arcane needs, but I can agree with the sentiment that a little bit of TLC would go a long way. Other weapons have gotten some mild overhauls in the past, and some of Arcane's spells feel like they belong in an older version of Albion. Cleanse and Mimic are great because they are versatile or commonly needed during a fight, while stuff like Black Hole, Frazzle, Emp/Energy Beam, and Magic Bolt struggle to appeal to me. Bringing up the recent Wind W…

• For the purpose of practicing one's PvP, I would like to see the non-faction PvP downed timer in Yellow Zones get reduced significantly. Unless you are in a specific PvP zone like an overworld chest or hellgate of course. I'd like to have less waiting time between fights for those who are still getting the hang of things.

• As per the patch notes on Wednesday: Quote: “Mimic (all Arcane Staffs): - Energy cost to mimic abilities: 3→ 0 - Time window to cast mimicked ability: 8s→ 20s - Casting on self (or Arcane Staff) now mimics the ability Magic Shock on the W-slot, allowing Magic Shock on Q and W slots with separate cooldowns ” Prior to this, I made use of Mimic whenever we had a nature healer in the group for the Protection of Nature mimic, along with other stolen W's when available. Though Mimic had suffered from …

• Some aspects of the game used to have a more sandbox-y approach. However it seems some changes have been made since the game's inception; I'm sad to see them go, but I understand when it becomes necessary to curb some aspect of the game for the sake of whatever internal rationale was going on. Which is fine by me. Sandbox usually means a lack of direction, which is not ideal if you're going for a more focused experience with large numbers of players.

• As an epic gamer, I require the means to soften the harsh monitor light on my eyes while I'm ganking my 5th gatherer. If we had the toggle to set a permanent night-time mode, as well as something to soften the harsh whiteness of snow, it would be well appreciated.

• Quote from Razraffion: “Make Energy Bolt burn/steal mana. ” Coming back to this thread after a while, I think this one has grown on me. Though Energy Bolt as it is now seems meant as an all-in-one DPS option for Arcane if nothing else is available. The current damage mechanic works gradually but relies on the target to spend enough mana to make it count, which can also mean they are casting a lot of spells on you or allies. Changing it to deprive the target of mana, whether by each impact or an …

• TL;DR: I feel that Arcane occupies a solid premise, so "Yes" to addressing flaws; less in favor of changing it entirely. Spells not scaling with IP is a weird issue because many of Arcane's spells occupy some kind of niche that seem to have a close relationship with the game balance as a whole. Most do not involve direct points of damage or healing, so the most common means of scaling an ability's effectiveness is not available, and the simplest alternative is to rely on flat rates. As a result …

• Primary Issue: Mana deficiency not prominent enough of a problem during skirmishes and larger fights; impact is delayed if present at all. Unable to compete with direct instant-effect abilities that other plate armors have. Requires changing of energy meta (less likely) or an ability that scales with it (more likely, but potentially powerful). Should ability's effectiveness scale proportionally with energy meta, Royal Armors could potentially scale too well in number of users at a given fight. P…

• Quote from Zynthia: “Quote from Sarolveldruk: “I am still learning about the effects of healing sickness as I have not been exposed to it much, but I can agree that sickness kicking in when a healer is healing someone that is also using item-based personal heals is a bit much; theyre using an entire ability/equipment slot for that extra heal that could be used for damage or some other utility. It seems fair that sickness leave that player alone. ” on this i say tell ur team mate to either get pr…

• I am still learning about the effects of healing sickness as I have not been exposed to it much, but I can agree that sickness kicking in when a healer is healing someone that is also using item-based personal heals is a bit much; theyre using an entire ability/equipment slot for that extra heal that could be used for damage or some other utility. It seems fair that sickness leave that player alone.

• I think adding a new set of E-slot abilities would be too drastic. The way I see it, there already are multiple Es to choose from, and they are the different weapons within that class. That aside, I agree that there could be another layer to weapons to make them more flexible without overshadowing more specialized ones. The issue being that in order to have a diverse array of abilities, they must be uniquely suited for certain scenarios.

• QOL-UI Improvement

Sarolveldruk - - Feedback & Suggestions

@Hellements Pardon the ping but I figured you'd appreciate. A lot of UI elements have bothered me for a long time, so I've accumulated a modest list: Combat and IFF: - Buffs and Debuffs are hard to track in a fight; party names could have debuffs visible next to them for easier assessment. - The mana bar under party members is too small, dark, and otherwise hard to read (I use mana beam on arcane staves a lot so it's a frequent eyesore). - Spotting red names the moment they become visible can be…

• Quote from Nemrut: “There are lots of guys who have 1-2-3 posts at here =) sorry but most of you are second fake accounts =)” Last I checked, you are not the OP. The OP of the thread mentioned that he will not disqualify accounts based on the number of posts. Why not check the date created instead? Anything prior to Sept. 1st (date of thread creation) shouldn't be too suspicious. My account in particular was made in the 10th of January. Hope that's good enough for you.

• Sign me up too please. Would love a chance to check this game out after the previous tests didn't include me.