Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 206.

• Three is the optimal number for killing siphoning mages. It's also a good size for doing green chests in Avalonian roads. Also, three is the biggest team you can have in Arena without getting force paired against another pre-made team.

• Divine Staff is preferable for PVE because it is stronger at solo healing. The nature staffs are better at group healing. Since most of the key healing in PVE is for the tank, the solo heal factor is key. Also, healing with holy staffs is easier mechanically because it is more reactive and the spells do not depend on one another. With nature staffs you need to predict damage and pre-heal, as well as mix spells because they build on stacks. Doing all this is harder than holy which is more point a…

• Unfortunately, AO is an undocumented game except for a player-edited Wiki that leaves a lot to be desired. I guess part of the "fun" is figuring out the rules as you go along. If you think figuring out security rules is hard, wait until you try to figure out combat mechanics. So, anyway, I can see you have been writing down some of the rules you have discovered. Just keep doing that.

• The best beginner weapon is the Nature Staff. There are bunch of reasons for this: (1) It can heal you. This is very useful especially in PVE. (2) It does not require complex rotations. Using the staff is easy. You do not have to learn complicated mechanics and spell rotations like you do with many other weapons. (3) It functions well in both PVE and PVP. (4) It is good both solo and in small groups. This is important because as a beginner you will often want to be in 5-man groups either to do a…

• Alert! This is a serious bug. Autoattack damage is being computed wrong by the system. It is using DPS, not Physical Damage. Example: Player with a Crossbow with IP 1330 has autoattack Physical Damage of 173, attack speed of 0.80, and DPS of 138 according to the stats details pullout from the Inventory dialog. This is correct because 173 * 0.80 = 138. However, when the player attacks a mob with 84 armor, the damage actually being done is 75. This is WRONG because the damage should be 173 / (1 + …

• OMG I just figured it out. The DPS for my autoattack is 138, and 138 + 84 armor = 75. So, the system is using the DPS value for the autoattack damage, not the true value. This is a huge bug. I can't believe the game is 4 years old and nobody has ever noticed this. Seriously, do you guys even test anything??? I have submitted this bug here: bug report

• I seem to be getting some different behavior of armor for autoattack versus spells, and am wondering what is going on. For example, if I autoattack an Earthkeeper Giant with a Crossbow and I have 173 physical damage for my autoattack according to my stats page, then the actual damage done is 75. This would seem to mean that the Earthkeeper Giant has an armor of 131 (according to the previously published formula for Armor/Resists by Korn). However, if I attack the same Earthkeeper Giant with Snip…

• It's against the rules to use alts to gain a PVP advantage. A scout has to be a real person, not just a separate account. You can have separate account alts in CITIES, but not in the open world or dungeons. Unfortunately the company does not enforce the rule.

• What is a muisac? Is that just a made up word or does it actually mean something? I notice that the word seems to be different in translated versions of AO, so that would suggest that it is a real word but I cannot find it in any dictionary.

• I assume you do not live in the Black Zone. In that case you have two main options: Avalonian Roads green/blue chests + dungeons + gathering nodes, or faction warfare. An organized sub group in faction warfare can pick off solo players of the enemy faction and do other faction content.

• I am trying to figure out the exact way the timer works for Obsessive Burst. It seems like for it to stack you have to cast spells within 10s of the initial cast of Obsessive Burst. So, even though casting resets the duration timer for the stacks, it does NOT reset the 10s window for putting additional stacks on. Is that right, or is it bugged? So, for example, let's say this happens: 0s cast obsessive burst 1s cast a spell -> 2 stacks 3s cast another spell -> 3 stacks and OB cooldown is reset t…

• Oh of course, its in the Edit Name and Icon dialog. Totally obvious. How could I be so dumb. Everybody knows that an "Edit Name" dialog also always has a delete entire item button.

• How do you delete a loadout? There is no button I can find. It is TRULY retarded that the devs worked on this for so long and it is not obvious how to delete a loadout. I mean how dumb can you be. Also, there is no way to edit a loadout or update using currently equipped gear. Duh.

• Yeah FW is ganking gankers. How does it feel?

• This is a strange bug that has to do with the displayed base stats of an item showing incorrect values if you are wearing an item of a similar type. Steps to reproduce: Get a character with different specs in a particular type of equipment. For this example, I will use LEATHER HELMETS. I am 100/100 in Mercenary Hoods and 3/100 in Hunter Hood. 1. Buy T4 items of each type, Normal Quality, no enchantments. I am naked and buy a T4 Mercenary Hood and a T4 Hunter Hood. 2. Check the base stats of the …

• Quote from Tanichenko: “More IP means more HP and more Damage! ” Yes, but how much more?

• I don't really understand the logic of the gear minimum either. If people want to fight with crap gear, why not let them? I think the bigger issue is whether to scale gear or not and how much. You could equalize it so that everybody fought with more or less equal gear, then it would just a pure contest of skill. As it is, you have to pay to play, which, as you say means a lot of people are not going to play because they would lose millions. So, basically HGs are going to be more for a small numb…

• I have a friend who is a fish and he tells me that it is not profitable.

• It would be useful if Albion had an /afk feature like WOW. The purpose of this is to allow players to set their status to "AFK" so that if other players whisper them or invite them to a party, then they get notified that the player is AFK. Otherwise, what happens is that they get no response and think the player is ignoring, when in fact the player might be getting a glass of water or whatever. The way the feature works is that the player types the "/afk" command and this changes their status to…

• One of the more crazy things in AO is the need to suicide. So, for example, let's say you are in the bank and you want to go to the hideout. You take off all your equipment and store it in the bank. There are now two main ways to get to the hideout in less than a minute. One is that you can zone out of the bank, run to the teleport guy who is mobbed by 50 other players, try to click on him and then select the hideout. Alternatively, you can give the /suicide command. Since option number 2 is usu…