Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 23.

• Apologies for the delay. Weekend happened. It does its thing without any other issue, it's just a display bug. It does not happen all the time, and it's not all that annoying. I wanted to report it because that was likely an easy fix in the launcher, kind of low-hanging fruit.

• Hi. I think the attached screenshot speaks for itself. That said, it's far from being a critical bug. Edit. - attachment was probably too large. Here's a link: i.imgur.com/dZA0feV.jpg

• Hahaha. You are funny. (also, your condescending tone does not help you drive your point)

• [Tuto][Linux] Have a working game !

Rolan - - Bugs

Quote from Nishayume: “holy ... since launch i was playing on linux some days only. In beta i was playing very good and now in stable dont, this is not normal , we are coming back instead of anyone try the windows version on wine , works? ” You shouldn't have expected otherwise. They are finding TONS of bugs with the release not scaling up as well as they hoped, and fixing them probably breaks the non-main clients (i.e. android, linux et al.) every so often. It will stabilize eventually.

Rolan - - Bugs

Quote from JakeinNZ: “Still waiting for someone to explain to me how linux is sooooo great. ” I don't think you are in the right mindset for that. Also, please note your attitude does not really encourage people to try and help you. Venting off is understandable, but doing so for five consecutive posts is a little too much. Anyways. Have you tried running the shell script without installing QT's webengine? Maybe that's not a requirement anymore.

Rolan - - Bugs

Quote from JakeinNZ: “Any chance it will run on plain jane Ubuntu 16.04 LTS? I'm having a lot of trouble, tried everything I could think of. click play on the launcher and the launcher disappears. Sometimes a client box comes up and then it disappears as well. is there a system log or something that can tell you guys who are much smarter with Linux what's wrong? I just switched. This morning. So I have no real idea what's going on. Getting very frustrated. even tried reinstalling ubuntu from my …

Rolan - - Bugs

Quote from Markuscc: “Thanks for the reply, I tried running Albion on the same media box back when it had android installed. Which is why I thought that maybe it would run even smoother on the Linux JeOS. But maybe it's inefficient as you said. ” Uuuuh, but of course, what am I, an idiot? Albion does already run on Android, so it does indeed run on ARM. We do have a good translation for your ARM, as SI provided it! In other words, yes, it is technically possible, albeit probably difficult (the A…

• Quote from Korn: “Quote from Rolan: “If you're as big as EVE at some points, your stance on that would be nice to be known. ” Our stance on that is quite simple: "Crazy start, let's deal with the current server issue asap and then make sure that we continue to do well and constantly improve the game for 5, 10 or even 14 years (as Eve has been doing)." ” I appreciate the anwser, thanks, even though you're somewhat dodging my question. But I'll read it as such: “we are fully aware of the world siz…

Rolan - - Bugs

Hard to say. You probably mean "getting it to run on ARM". Which isn't likely to be possible, the binary files are not compatible with the instruction set of the processor. In other words, it's a little bit like your processor speaks a language and Albion-online was compiled for processors that speak another language. You would need a translation (which only SI can provide as they have the source code) or an interpreter translating it real-time, as it happens (which is super inefficient, and wou…

• Thanks for the openness. I'd like your guys to address concerns about the world being too small for the playerbase. If you're as big as EVE at some points, your stance on that would be nice to be known.

Rolan - - Bugs

What script? Are you going through the launcher, or running the game directly? I'm on Arch as well, and the script runs fine. I had, though, to install steam (it's on the multilib repo), run it, install qt5-webengine, install sndio (it's on AUR), then copy/paste the script into ~/albiononline and make it executable (chmod +x launch-script.sh). Finally, using the terminal I type: cd albiononline then ./launch-script.sh and the launcher starts. First time, it downloads the actual game, then it run…

• This makes me super glad I waited for my buddies to activate my premium account. I'll just wait a while before doing so, until the game stabilizes.

Rolan - - Bugs

Quote from eexodus: “Thanks for the help in this thread. I'm running Fedora 25 and even though I've now got the pre reqs squared away the game launches and stalls on the error: Player data archive not found at `/home/eexodus/albiononline/game_x64/Albion-Online_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystem Any idea? I've tried touching this file, but that doesn't work. ” This isn't an error, merely a debug message. If you're super sure it stalls, run strace ./Albion-Online, which will show you where…

Rolan - - Bugs

For the record, I managed to get the launcher to work, which downloaded the unpatched client, which itself worked like a charm.

Rolan - - Bugs

Quote from redhatschotty: “Quote from TheLuckyOne: “Update: Using the official installer & client, leaving all the files in the launcher directory, and adding LD_PRELOAD=~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL2-2.0.so.0 before "$SCRIPTPATH/launcher/Albion-Online" & in the Albion-Online script did work for me, after installing sndio-1.2.0 with 32 bit support. Go figure. ” Well perhaps I have some work to do then. I rolled up some rpms for my systems, b…

Rolan - - Bugs

Quote from Anarquista: “Quote from Rolan: “If you look closer, ~/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL2-2.0.so.0 is a symbolic link to libSDL2-2.0.so.0.5.0. Are you actually using the patched client found here? Or the “official” one? ” Patched client? first time I hear about this. I am using the official one and is working with the OP script/removal of files ” The client I linked to has been modified to (at least) LD_PRELOAD three libraries shipped in the Plugins…

Rolan - - Bugs

If you look closer, ~/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL2-2.0.so.0 is a symbolic link to libSDL2-2.0.so.0.5.0. Are you actually using the patched client found here? Or the “official” one?

Rolan - - Bugs

Quote from HuHaHu: “Downloaded the patched client and it has fixed the issue. ” Do you mean the patched client does not deadlock for you? Do you know what exact version of the libSDL you are using? Edit: - Either libSDL2-2.0.so.0.5.0 (from steam) or libSDL2-2.0.so.0.4.1 (from my distro (arch, probably package sdl2)) don't work and freeze. Edit (again): - Okay, the reason why I had to use another libSDL was that I didn't have sndio installed. Now that it is done, the unmodified unzipped package r…

Rolan - - Bugs

Hi. I am not able to use the launcher as it runs but will not accept any input (that may be because it wants to start in floating mode and I am using AwesomeWM). The patched client (launcherless) found in the post linked by @Dagother has the same issue found by Nessus: seems stuck at 1%, and SIGTERM does not terminate Albion-Online (I had to resort to SIGKILL). (Also, by the way, to run the downloaded binaries on Arch Linux, after chmodding Albion-Online, I had to overwrite $ALBION_PATH/Plugins/…

• Remove re roll

Rolan - - Rants

Quote from Archiemedis: “Still waiting on a dev commentary. ” I think the best course of action is to come up with a sound proposal for change (not "remove it lol", they obviously like this mechanic), and open a new thread in the real feedback section. This is only the rant section.