Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 68.

• OP, take it this way, there is an higher chance you have an healthier and richer real life than many of the basement dwellers are missing. Skills, time, strategy, organisation are compounding in the hands of people that put the effort in all areas, so it's not just a matter of time, there is lots of efforts that magnify the distance, just like there is a lot of skills and efforts that differentiate average citizens from self-made billionaires in real life. Games at the end of the day are a set o…

• Been a while since last time I have lurked around. Seems the focus around this game has turned away from fun and fights, but making money and optimise time doing it? Seems a very strong theme, or at least the more vocals around all businessmen and economists? Perhaps too many gold sellersthat are feeding off things like land income? No matter how big/small/nice/weird are the changes, it's always a good opportunity to shift things and create new opportunities. Perhaps this is a piece of realism i…

• New tech is coming to the rescue, what is today novelty like Enjin, Loom and all those within the crypto gaming ecosystem, perhaps will be a standard every new generation mmo will use as standard selling point, as long as the companies will manage to adjust their business models and regulators will establish fair rules. I'm dipping my toes on that myself. Long gone the days of people not having ownership of their virtual items it will feel great.

• Oh gosh, I missed all the action :), so the akb48 recruit graduated and left? If there is any truth in that name and look, she's japanese and life is on the expensive side over there, so she might be topping up with some RMT at the end of the day (even if I would have still big doubts this is a thing in Japan). And guys, in china and south east Asia, between all the fakes images there are plenty of real girls doing RMT (selling) while the guys are running sweatshops (grinding) Lesson for everyon…

• Quote from Korn: “Hi all, a little bit of extra background information: We do hope that the changed system will help to break the monopolies. We are 100% committed to deal with the monopoly situation. In case that this does not work, we will take further measures. ” If you guys are willing to take further measures, I would suggest to look into clear up some mob areas and opening up additional spots to build on the territories close to cities, so you can dilute the heat in cities and balance thin…

• I would propose crafting system spawning around the world for a limited number of usage at low fee/ limited time available to counter measure the importance of town plots for crafting and stimulate communication If they are rare enough it shouldn't be a completely turn off about owning plots but could contribute to balance price out. And if you find one, you can either use it or destroy and get materials loot based on their level and type. Lore: Bandits, undeads and so on (as long as they are hu…

• Quote from Ravenar: “Quote from Stormlord: “Round table = inner circle of Albion + hording a tonne of unreported exploits = unbalanced set of advantages ” I have come to the same conclusion over the years. But I don't have any proof. Many things seem to have reversed logic 1) If I control the price of a resource in a city for a short time. I get character names of everyone that buys / sells from me. I usually try keep reasonable price and try to bring prices down in the outer cities. But for the…

• Quote from Piddle: “People literally lose their minds when they can't get their fix of AO. Server uptime is like high 90th percentile and we still can't handle not being able to log in for 30 minutes. ” That's a good therapy methodology then, if they go too far and cannot handle, can flag it up to a doctor. Extremes are not good, a balanced life bring you forward.

• Might be a dev trolling everyone, these days no one likes to wait for April anymore (look at Diablo Immortal), and silver sinks are always welcome I presume

• What is wrong with the people?

Synced - - Forum Banter

Quote from Harondale: “ok guys...... i just wanted to find a good PvP game and Albion really looked promising. but in my opinnion it is everything... but it is not a good PvP game. and raging kiddies like KathrineKore doesn´t make the game better but even worse and im clearly getting too old for that farewell then and have fun ” This game has shaped into one for rogue players or players who likes to go against rogue players. If you want a fair pvp game, look for a DOTA2 or LOL, or game modes wit…

• The truth here in my opinion is that this game due to its mechanics has accumulated lots of people interested in salt, too many, enjoying making people upset, not challenging themselves in a healthy way (well healthy is also relative I guess), that's what pvp means to some vocal ones. And as the game has a subpar pve experience at its core and the dev manpower is limited (not really their fault as a whole), there are choices to make. They are simply struggling to keep the original audience on th…

• Frankly I'm not sure anymore if this is all about noobs crying about being ganked or more about gankers who cannot deal with changes because it hurts their profits and no interest in challenge themselves in a more difficult environment, that's what I feel around this monkeying around. Noobs might be chicken by definition and that's fine, but you are no top gun either. The only top gun here are the gankers who accept the challenge of nerfing easy configs in favour of a more balanced game for ever…

• Quote from deviljim: “Quote from Amon: “Why dont we just turn every zone in a blue zone? - Reason why Bloodletter is so good for solo ganking is because ganking as been nerfed to the ground, especially solo which is really hard to do if u dont have the maxiumum mobility this game has to offer. Besides ganking what is bloodletter good at? Used in some 5v5s once in a blue moon with a team around it. Before the gank nerfs there were way more viable ganking builds (which is something ure complaining…

• Quote from Grimhawke-EB: “Very interesting stuff, but from our perspective as sentient meat bags, I think most games will not allow the presence of AI bots in actual competitive settings. SBI has already shown a zero tolerance stance against botting in general and I feel confident in that. Plus as you mention, Albion is such a niche game - I doubt anyone is going to be devoting resources to develop AI to compete in 5v5 GvGs here. ” Yep, unless there is a big comeback like with Warframe, I don't …

• Quote from UnholyKiller: “You are missing one VERY KEY element in how the OpenAI bots worked with and interacted with the DOTA-2 game..... The bots were setup so that they were constantly sent and could read the current state of the game, meaning they were automatically sent enemy health figures, positions, key game data, etc. Seriously, go look at the details of how data is passed to the OpenAI and how it uses that data to make all of it's decisions. If you were to try and do this same thing wi…

• Quote from deviljim: “Quote from Captainrussia: “Quote from Theat: “There is something mentally wrong with players who think they should stand a chance 1 versus 5 or more of the game's top players, with top gear, on top mounts. ” I know! Thats what Im saying...when I ride into Mercia on my Direboar with my 8.3 gathering gear - every scrub wearing lower tier should /suicide immediately and surrender their lootbags to me! ” It's not even worth responding to him anymore, the devs said it's being lo…

• Quote from Captainrussia: “wow that was deep.... tbh not concerned for at least another 5-10 years... at some point AI will replace everything, but not for another 20-30 yrs... ” Works already started in the botting underground and we will likely see ai powered bots in action soon during the next major titles. In total honesty, while still early days and power hungry, Albion might be lucky and could just avoid them due to the simple fact that is a low profile and low profit game to bring enough …

• Blockchain + AI + trillion dollar net worth folks = skynet

• Not sure you guys have noticed recent advancements of AI with OpenAI, now able to go head to head with top pro DOTA2 teams in 5vs5. Last year I saw the 1vs1 and though about that 5vs5 day that would come soon or later, and this is now at the door, what that means when applied to games with economies and territory conquest? I guess you know where I'm going. AI learns everything, and if applied to Albion, it would ends up with teams with bots against each other, once humans would get out of the eq…

• Quote from Captainrussia: “Quote from Varsava: “and some people might think that the full loot PvP aspect might be too much being a normal Person with a Job who doesnt want to bother with being ganked during the 30 Minutes of fun time in the evening. ” Quote from Varsava: “Actually, Albion is too Bad of a Game if you Just "watch" it and in comparison to Sandbox Games Like black Dessert online ” maybe I should start streaming or making more videos of silly (and boring) carebear stuff I do every d…