Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 58.

• Quote from RenKatal: “Quote from gideonflynn: “Sooo, you fixed it by removing the actually practical warning for picking up an animal, when there's actual progress being lost? Did someone get butthurt or what? :cry_laughing: You people removed actual UX, seemingly because you messed up an update to it. Either way the issue isn't completely fixed, now there's no warning when you have fed an animal and are trying to pick it up. Also, please do a 'pick all available' on farm plots, it's not newbie …

• Don't worry. SBI has nothing to do with it. It's your ISP and SBI are never having any problems on their own.

• Too good UX. Forget it lol, people on forums here are gonna hate you for trying to make improvements.

• If this happens, like soon. I'm getting an idea of how suggestions and feedback is getting through. I don't think people should have an easier time managing plots, it should be 'uneven' in some way to keep competition alive. I personally go to the cheaper plots further away, other min-maxing people might too. But for the majority, they don't care about a few percentages. I just don't see how this is going to help anyone do anything but keep a monopoly. I also don't have numbers on how active the…

• Farming mount

gideonflynn - - Feedback & Suggestions

Bubble mechanics. Learn them, utilise them, live. Also, use a swiftclaw if you have a hard time running away from gank groups. They just made it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay asier to get back and to the bz, you shouldn't in any way be struggling to get to portal once you're 1 map away. There's the shrine buffs, they make you invis(and silenced) and as long as you don't interact with stuff on the ground (or anything else) you won't lose invis for as long as you need to zone through. When you get back to …

• Quote from Midgard: “Quote from SCREAMR10T: “ - more npc and npc interactions. - more quests based on levels/ranks/guilds/party. - npc events. - Inns/hotels and a mandatory food system. - mandatory character rest systems. - instead of buying islands. Let players buy lands/houses. ” Its a no from me, to every single bullet point. 0/6 .. must try harder. ” 0/10 for reasoning .. must try harder. I do agree however. 1,2,3) no, it's playerdriven... if you wan npcs and quests, go play non-sandbox game…

• Quote from Piddle: “Quote from gideonflynn: “Quote from Piddle: “I have an easy fix for a lot of the problems in AO. If you all just buy more gold, SBI will be able to afford more talented people to work on the game. Then they can fix more problems with the game faster. So go buy gold. ” So what now? Do they hire the developers now?They're getting thousands each month, just from subscriptions... they have the ability to exchange their devs, but they'd never do it. They have personal relationship…

• Quote from Piddle: “I have an easy fix for a lot of the problems in AO. If you all just buy more gold, SBI will be able to afford more talented people to work on the game. Then they can fix more problems with the game faster. So go buy gold. ” So what now? Do they hire the developers now? They're getting thousands each month, just from subscriptions... they have the ability to exchange their devs, but they'd never do it. They have personal relationships and shit.

• Quote from Midgard: “Quote from gideonflynn: “Also, please do a 'pick all available' on farm plots, ” Please dont. ” Why not? Do you enjoy subpar UX? What's the argument, it's not useful for anybody to just go "Please don't". What's the reasoning for not doing it? More carpal tunnel syndrome and general ache for people? Because that's the only thing it achieves. If you're talking about not making it easier for people... it's clicking. I'm not saying 'let us pick up everything immediately', I'm s…

• Quote from Owlsane: “Quote from Wynillo90: “Its to easy to abus, use VPN "im brazil" and get my free 90% off. This and maintaining the different locations is more expensive than the small wins due to a few thousand brazils.. Im sorry buddy ” Exactly. The thing is other games with regionalisation can do it because they have multiple servers across the world when albion is a worldwide server when regionalisation can be abused via vpn. I guess that's the reason why they don't to it. Also you can st…

• SBI probably can't do regionalization. They're not good enough for that, or at least not able to see the benefits. They'd have done it a looong time ago, it just makes sense to price differently according to average income for countries.

• I'll soon post some more DM's here. It's never been an issue with my ISP and SBI has to do something, anything. At the very least SBI needs to admit that AO is perfectly playable only from specific locations with their current hosting solution. Using a paid VPN service to try and alleviate problems that aren't even on the user's end is in no way acceptable. SBI is claiming full-loot PvP. They got full-loot correct, we just need the PvP aspect to be coded properly. I'd rather se this game rebuilt…

• Server-side reconciliation is a bitch when each client decides what happens to it before it reconciles at the server and then gets sent out to other players. Please tell me otherwise, 'cause besides the obvious ping differences... which inherently makes people with higher ping miss frames, isn't even the problem here. It's how information is sent/received.

• Upgrades are fine. Have you guys heard of testing things?

• Can't connect to game servers. Died once more because people suddenly stand on top of me without me seeing any red names. And if anyone comes and tells me my connection or PC is bad, it's objectively not. I have a better connection(1000MB/s up/down Fiber) than you, end of story. My PC can run 3 AO clients with 30FPS in a low-density player zone, without lag on any of them (provided it's not server lag...). IF a VPN is needed, SBI needs to give a free subscription to any VPN proven to work. E.g E…

• Quote from Shrederinoo: “But i mean seriously, how hard is it to make an IF in your code? If such a simple thing is so difficult, i don't even want to imagine the spaghetti code that the game is built on. Also do you guys ever do in-house testing when you check if the feature you are updating or implementing actually works? If so, then your testers are missing a lot of things which would be noticed by anyone actually playing the game. Seriously, this performance is amazingly disappointing. Look …

• Sooo, you fixed it by removing the actually practical warning for picking up an animal, when there's actual progress being lost? Did someone get butthurt or what? :cry_laughing: You people removed actual UX, seemingly because you messed up an update to it. Either way the issue isn't completely fixed, now there's no warning when you have fed an animal and are trying to pick it up. Also, please do a 'pick all available' on farm plots, it's not newbie friendly, it's basic UX.

• Quote from RenKatal: “Quote from gideonflynn: “Just don't count on this getting better. There's no reason it would... at all. ” Well they just patched it, sooo.... ” I was referring to the comment by TSkebee: Quote from TSkebee: “+1 It would help if one of the devs who is actually playing the game would be taken into the discussion about new GUI "improvements". I am sure the confirmation clicking is well-meant, but clearly devised by someone who never did animal breeding. When the GUI was change…

• Just don't count on this getting better. There's no reason it would... at all.