Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 31.

• Its clear sandbox is just out for money

Hickory - - Rants

Even the rants for this game are dull nowadays.

• Agree with the OP, instead of putting in challenging stuff, they gear-cap us instead. It's a dangerous ploy by game devs. Players like to progress, to feel a sense of achievement, gain in power, so on. Inhibiting this by capping everything means one sense of purpose in the game is removed. Also, in the spirit of 'sandbox' gaming (not going to debate whether this is actually a sandbox, there's plenty on that already), it's nice to be able to try and achieve things that perhaps players aren't mean…

• Yeah, 5-man is always a stressy rush. Not saying I'm slow, solo, I'm pretty quick, but it's my speed, on my terms.

• SBI seem to agree with you OP, as they're adding arena's in the next update.

• Weeks, months, forever? Just wondering.

• The bigger issue is SBI has deliberately designed a game that strongly encourages alts and then charges a per-character subscription. Greedy.

• Quote from UnGarsQuiBricole: “About solo play : I like playing mmorpg mostly solo. I'm still enjoying opposition with real humans and a persistent universe / economy. I'm not against joining others exceptionally, but I dislike having to hold hands to do any single thing.. At the moment, I'm still enjoying gathering/crafting but indeed AO is not solo friendly Increasing trash loots in uneven fights could be interesting. ” This is something the anti-solo-player crowd never seem to be able to under…

• Thanks for the reply, to cover your suggestions: 1) I use RTS, I've played the game a lot and am very comfortable with the controls and game behaviour. 2) I'd rather see the targeting circle and don't want to go down the macro route, shouldn't have to. 3) Sure, but the key point here is there's a delay, not a failure (although sometimes I get a failure but let's focus on the common delay for simplicity here). 4) It's definitely not related to the GCD caused by other skills. I stand by this, I'm …

• I won't pay money for a monthly sub out of principle. That principle being that SBI have pushed us down a route where we need alts to get the most out of the game, and have in turn decided that subscription is per character. There's no way I'll pay more than one monthly sub for a game, which is what it boils down to, so I'll keep playing til the gold/silver/my enthusiam runs out

• I use a light crossbow, so I spend a lot of time clicking the target aoe (Explosive Bolt skill - used every 3 seconds). During a fight, sometimes targeting the aoe feels instantaneous (typically, every time I first use it in a fight, or use it on trash mobs that die in one hit), but in situations where I'm using it multiple times, there's a very often a noticeable delay between clicking the ground and getting a UI response. Sometimes it doesn't respond at all. I'm not quite sure what's causing i…

• Server problems

Hickory - - Feedback & Suggestions

Will do.

• Server problems

Hickory - - Feedback & Suggestions

Slide aside, but hopefully Korn you're reading this, and it does relate to 'lag'. I use a crossbow, so I spend a lot of time clicking the target aoe (every 3 seconds of all combats). During a fight, sometimes targeting the aoe feels instantaneous (typically, every time I first use it in a fight, or use it on trash mobs that die in one hit), but in situations where I'm using it multiple times, there's a very often a noticeable delay between clicking the ground and getting a UI response. Sometimes…

• Quote from Korn: “Thanks for the feedback. Just to be sure that there is no misunderstanding you are saying that when the building's crafting capacity (the green bar at the top, and NOT the food bar) is at 0, you cannot craft despite the building having enough food? The intended design is that you can still craft, but that the building would require extra food when out of capacity. The reason for this design is to encourage players - especially in player cities - to spread out their crafting acr…

• Worst. Community. Ever? Anyway, unfortunately, they've stated that once banned, that's it, even new accounts aren't allowed. Personally I think this is overly harsh, but it's their rules. At the very least though, if they allow you to buy the game, but don't let you play, you should get a refund.

• Quote from Scornagh: “Hi! I always play a crafter/trader and honestly im beyond bored... Albion have no crafting system.... You have zero choice, and it requires zero planning or skill. Its just an endless long line of creating the one and same item for eternity.... To create the same item with the same skills only one tire higher takes increasingly more time and effort.. but, its the same item... no variety, no crafters special touch... it is like brushing your teeth.. its not fun, you just do …

• Quote from ParadoxOmega: “Quote from Alkim: “Back in alpha there were dungeons that weren't marked on the map, actual content that benefited the explorer. This was removed and all dungeons, etcetera are clearly marked, again, because SBI want us all flocking there together. So frustrating... This game has the potential for so much depth and interesting content, without distracting from the pvp element, but sbi are unwilling to give it to us. ” any game designer worth having for an MMORPG will kn…

• They've clearly messed this up!

• Really SBI?

Hickory - - General Questions & Discussions

@Korn "And if you are a legit player and help out new players with some items or silver, it is also not a problem." That's fine, but how are the new players meant to know if their benefactor is legit?

• A game designed around killing other players and taking all their stuff.. you're not likely to see the best of human nature here.

• Gatherers are part of the content for PvP players. If they gave you a server, who would the gankers gank? With this in mind, SI will have to do enough to keep the cannon fodder interested in the game, let's see what their next move is.