Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 95.

• Money doesn't rule the world ≠ Money is not important

• If the whole community has shown its discontent with this type of playstyle why is it still in the game? I don't see any difference between a group of players ganking up on one and a large alliance destroying a smaller guild. In both cases, they got outplayed by sheer numbers. And since Albion's open-world PvP is nothing but unfair learning how to play the game means learning how to screw others in a detestable fashion. Did I get it right? I've read that post but it seems like it is smoke and mi…

• Steve Jobs had a net worth of 10.2$ billion dollars and ultimately died of pancreatic cancer. What's your point? Meeting basic necessities can be acquired in many ways, not only through money. Crime is a thing. It is up to each community to show solidarity to its most unfortunate members as a preventative measure against division and chaos. Humans cannot pay money to alter and change the natural laws which are ruling the world and all life. They are not some stuff created by humans to regulate s…

• Hello Norgannon, Could you explain why the N+1 tactic is seen as a problem in a ganking game? I understand that it obliterates the competitveness of PvP in the Outlands but aren't they supposed to be lawless zones with unrestricted PvP?

• While reading: 1. Replace gank with dive 2. Replace PvP zones with CDs 3. Learn what type of gameplay SBI is trying to promote since launch. Quote from Korn: “Fight vs Flight Balance It's really important for the overall game health that fight vs flight balance is finely tuned. Looking at in in simple terms, if a solo ganker meets a solo target, what should the chance be - on average - that the target gets away? We need to look at risk vs reward here. What does the ganker stand to gain if he win…

• Quote from Frog: “Why hasn't this thread been moved to rants? This is just scary to me... Albion is basically the last bastion for hardcore MMOs & it's doing extremely well right now, if they try and pussify this game and make it like every other game on the market it will lose its niche and be belly-up quick. ” This is disturbing. How and why is ganking associated with hardcore MMO?

• Quote from Forneus: “I'm not talking shit about brazillians. Facts is not talking shit. Stay ignorant and grow up. Money rules the world, not sentiment, in terms of money Brazil is not interesting. ” Money doesn't rule the world. Outside humans' minds, they have no intrinsic value. The world itself is much bigger and greater than humans. With the advance of science, this ought to be common knowledge already.

• Quote from Georg51: “And whats more hilarious is that me saying I like the odds stacked against me is me lying... why the fuck would I lie to you about that? ” Because that's what you are doing. People like you lie because they crave the respect they don't deserve and are trying to manipulate people into thinking that they are something else Quote from Georg51: “I just also like solo diving. ” Quote from PenguinSniper: “Quote from Georg51: “Quote from MadSkillzDLR: “You first say you can no long…

• Quote from Georg51: “Quote from Apotosariel: “Running away is not a victory though. Ganking is a "competition" in which only gankers can win. It's rigged. ” Surviving a gank is very much a victory for the survivor dude. Your perception about this stuff is so slanted it almost makes me think you have brain damage. But I'll agree with the last part - the games rules continue to be updated to make the system rigged against the gankers and not the victims. Yet, you still cry. Honestly, not the game …

• Quote from Georg51: “Just about every patch since Queen came out has given more mechanics to players to avoid and escape ganking. This is what gankers are up against. I understand you think that the only way ganking is done is by sitting at a gate with claws, maybe that's because you've never ventured into the black zones, or something. Ganking comes in many different forms and as a matter of fact - a lot of the ganking we do is in fighting gear because we want to get into a fight - even an outn…

• Quote from Georg51: “Quote from Apotosariel: “For some reason, the developers have decided that they want to create a game that focuses on providing its player base this distorted type of PvP interaction. I am completely against it and even though I had a nice time playing Albion, I will not play it again until they change their priorities. ” Bye Felicia. SBI has instituted continuous patches that make ganking harder, and traveling safer, and this is your attitude? You definitely belong in a dif…

• Quote from Georg51: “Ahh I see now. Because I've struck a nerve with you and you circle jerk of friends, that you feel the need to follow me around on every thread and respond with references to a dead conversation about the RT. The only people not over that conversation are you mouthbreathers who think I seriously give a shit about being on the RT after learning more about the functions of it and the lack of consideration put into communicating the process. ” Quote from Georg51: “Just come out …

• By repeatedly and instantly calling those you don't like betas or beta males you make it obvious that the easiest way for someone to enrage you is by making you feel like one. This explains your recent tantrum. You were denied RT membership, which in itself is not that big of deal but you've said that you perceived RT members as Community leaders. Quote from Georg51: “"Community leaders" what a joke. ” After your application for the imaginary position of leadership was dismissed with the two sim…

• The game will eventually part ways with easy mode ganking. So far SBI has shown no interest in @evilz's accomplishment (he was the first to reach one billion PvP fame through ganking). This undermines the value of that activity. It discredits its significance for the game. The number of people a player has killed in Albion is not something worthy of praise apparently. I am not even surprised since Albion's prime PvP content is or was ganking. In another thread, a known ganker with childish tende…

• 95% vs 5%

Apotosariel - - Forum Banter

Could you point me to the 90% gankers, 10% food animals post? Is the someone you are talking about @Stormlord? Even though he might have gotten the percentages wrong, he is right to compare peaceful players to food animals. The developers have already drawn such a comparison while attempting to explain why the reputation system is a thing in their game. Quote from Korn: “What some players do not understand is that you "cannot have your cake and eat it, too". You can either have a zone that encou…

• Quote from Taurean: “You are missing the point. If the outlands are deserted, it is because the overwhelming majority of Albion players have voted with their feet! Regardless of what people may say, most Albion players don't actually want unrestricted pvp. At this point the carebears have the power, because you cannot force them to log in and provide content for the gankers. And let's be clear, we do mean gankers. If both parties are looking for pvp they are both flagged and the current system i…

• When you see a ganker.

Quote from Korn: “As an analogy, think about a fishing ground, the gankers being the fishing boats and the fish being the peaceful players. ” forum.albiononline.com/index.p…701fd9aaf6ed6affb6af09845

• Quote from xTalx: “its just dispicable behavior, and people here justify it , pathetic ” You shared a story where you present yourself as a victim of mistreatment in order to get people to sympathatize with you. This is the very defition of patheticness. Defending what you label as "dispicable behavior" has nothing to do with someone being pathetic. Quote from xTalx: “Im here to show the behavior of this guild toward their members and their equipment, which is highly disrespected ” In the reddit…

• 95% vs 5%

Quote from Georg51: “Lol yeah the best answer is to quit. You're right, I did forget that option because it's even more beta than whining on the forums. I guess the only thing more pathetic than a crybaby is a quitter. ” After checking the history of the slang "beta" I am not quite sure why a grown-up like yourself (I suppose) would add it to his vocabulary in the first place. People who quit doing something they previously liked are assertive. From what I've read the slang is used to describe m…

• 95% vs 5%

Quote from Georg51: “You know the best way to piss off gankers? Form up a party with healers and go out and kill them. Or, be a beta and keep whining about it on the forums and reddit. See which one gets you further. ” You forgot the third option - uninstall. Lack of victims results in much hated changes like the closing of portals in SRDs. So far it seems to be the best option because hundreads of gankers get pissed altogether. I'd rather watch replays of my own games in LoL from six months ago…