Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 21.

• Quote from Korn: “5. Summary - We have zero intention to copy or compete with classical casual/themepark MMORPGs. - Our goal is to create the best open world hardcore Sandbox MMORPG with full loot PvP - and we want to make sure that it lasts. - Providing a strong safe zone / casual player foundation is crucial to make this work. ” So what you're saying is... Puzzles are not entirely out of the question Great work providing a niche for productive casual players who might also want to contribute

• Quote from MyNegation: “The workers in your private island already gathering t2 mats for you. about two stacks per 8 hours more or less. ” Aha, but that's a non-interactive alternative way I do love the labourers though.

• Quote from Jetah: “Quote from ThndrShk2k: “butt puzzles are fun ” Fun is subjective. ” True, but my suggestion is for alternative gameplay methods for a more casual crowd. Perhaps depending on the activity they could have a different gameplay method? Or even more than just puzzles? (I want to see what they do with the spice islands and such :D)

• Quote from Jetah: “Quote from ThndrShk2k: “A good example of a casual friendly game being on both platforms is Hearthstone, which is also built on Unity! ” does hearthstone allow players to gain cards by a match 3 system? ” Hearthstone lets you play the game itself on the phone, and is a casual game. The core gameplay of hearthstone is quick games, which can fit on the casual phone and tablet environment fairly nicely. AO has multiple objects that take multiple amounts of time. On a phone everyt…

• Quote from Jetah: “how about limit the easy gathering to green and some yellow zones. This allows someone to farm the T1-T4 mats but still requires them to play and enter red/black zones for the remaining resources. another problem is how to do you deliver the materials farmed via the app? Personally i'd prefer another in game method instead of an app. ” Well the beauty of AO is that they don't need to make another app nor have the feature separate from the PC version Being built on the unity en…

• Quote from Jetah: “Will your idea replace the current gathering because it's easier? Is it designed to supplement gathering while using a phone? ” Not replace, alternatives with appropriate reward per hour+skill rewards. FreeRealms started with mat gathering being puzzles by default no matter what, but eventually moved it to normal MMO Gathernig and had the puzzles be something you can do anywhere for a lower amount of mats per time spent + rely on skill. Obviously any such implementation would …

• Quote from GIJojo: “I have done over 30 alpha tests in games over that in closed betas i know that ” How many of those do you still play, casually? I suggest you re-read what I said to understand how it won't be imbalanced, and casual friendly.

• Quote from GIJojo: “im doing this in a short time and frankly dont care thanks ” I cannot vote for you so just click the 2nd option if I'm translating your answer right. If not that's ok too, just click it anyway. Or not, clicking it is optional just like puzzles.

• In many games where there is a potential for more relaxed play, there are sometimes different ways to go about the gameplay to satisfy more of the demographic. With adding in more methods of gathering the same material, you can not only add variety but expand the userbase through activities that cater to their interests more. An easy way that is not only accessible to users who play on a touch device but already proven to work in a few MMOs already. Puzzles Puzzle Pirates is an MMO Themed around…

• For support classes, instants and stop and go spells are all and good for the most part, but when you are trying to support your allies in battle and not focused for tanking nor doing damage you are defenseless if you have to stop. A mobile channeling theme for healing, buffing, and debuffing, along with helpful auras would encourage large group play, but at the same time encourage them to stick together and potentially all be hit by large AOE damage spells. This is fun counterplay that requires…

• Okay so we're getting a nerf to AoE DMG and such, but I wish to do a counter build suggestion that is pro zerg: Instruments and abilities that provide mobile channeling for AOE buffs and debuffs, and AOE/Chain heals. It's pro zerg because it encourages buffing a lot of people, but it doesn't kill dudes fast and easy. It also confines the zerg to be hit by the AOE damages more unless they spread out, losing out on the buff. It's pro casual cus it doesn't require targeting and doesn't root you dur…

• Forum PvP Strategy Thread

ThndrShk2k - - Forum Banter

To be fair, it could also be "Wi-Fi Ass-Off" or even "Grinding and Farting-Off" They are words, but probably not the effect he is looking for. As per full loot pvp, I will now claim this image as my own argument to trade and use at will in the forum pvp economy.

• Quote from Dreadstar: “Nope, Pope is correct. ” I'm confused. Who are you disagreeing with?

• Quote from FlufferPope: “Quote from LastMoment: “Quote from AwfulCitizen: “There is no point in keeping this thread, since the link was removed thanks to some bullshit german law, so @Talion for all I care close the thread... ” A bullshit law that allows people more privacy without fear of being recorded?I hope its also a law in America. ” It is not. In the US it is only illegal to record a phone call. VOIP does not fall under such a catagory, sadly. ” en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_recording_l…

• If the repair cost is tied to the item power I'm sure the costs will go down with any changes to the equipment balance, which seems like it's planned.

• Another thing to keep in mind that the alpha is a microcosm of how the game works. Many high level systems cannot show their benefit without a solid foundation (which requires players playing for a while), which such a small view of the game may not show everything. There is no one definitive answer as the more systems interacting, the more complex the balance is. After this alpha things will change based on numbers, Beta will include a longer focused progression and hopefully larger world too, …

• Equipment Progression: For the game's economy to work, the Lowest Viable Equipment(LVE) needed must be affordable enough and powerful enough.This also means the High Tier Equipment(HTE) must not completely overpower them. Doing this makes it harder/impossible for the hardcore players to have an insurmountable advantage. Skill Progression: For the game's economy to work, the Lower Viable Equipment needed must be far enough into the skill tree to teach the player how to play and guarantee experien…

• If you can have 3 attacks (1 defense/2 counters) a day for a few days, wouldn't there be a problem with materials/resources for the smaller guild? If so then a balance point would be to make it viable that the Lowest Viable Equipment(LVE) for a battle be something that can be prepared in 6-9 hours. In a fight between a High Tier Equipment(HTE) group and the LVE equipped group the HTE group should not come out unscathed. Sure HTE should allow for more likely success, it shouldn't be a complete st…

• Quote from marksteele: “Albion was literally built from the perspective of a PvP endgame. Look back at the post history all the way to the first alpha and you will understand edit: To quote korn "One of the core design goals for Albion Online is to provide exciting, full loot PvP and GvG on a constant basis. This will largely happen in the unrestricted red zones of the game."Relationship between safe zones and PvP zones” PvP endgame does not mean to get hardcore into the game. I'm never gonna ha…

• Well the alliance thing seems to work well in theory because then the smaller guilds can focus and work with each other to prop up dudes to defend, just like a singular larger guild can. Just takes more inter-guild politics and cooperation. Having it like that means that a small guild of PVPers can just PvP to their hearts content if an alliance "hires" them and supplies them gear if the PVPers do their job. Smaller guilds going solo however are gonna have issues. So kind of like a volatile real…