Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 69.

• Quote from Seyif: “I don't really get all the negative comments about the game. I feel like the founder pack I bought was worth the amount of fun I got from Albion. No matter the direction SBI decides to take, the game can provide hours of fun. Regarding the Steam rating/reviews, probably bad because it seems like a big part of the existing player-base is salty about the game and wants to do everything to shred the game (but why???). ” Personally I understand many of the negative comments. S.I. …

• Quote from letwolf: “what? you want to pay your MONEY to SBI for leaving a negative comment? Money outweighs any comment of any degree of negativity! ” Read his comment again, more carefully. Quote from SunFoxx: “Personally I am going to buy Albion via Steam just to leave a negative review and ask for refund. My friends are going to do the same trick. I really hope greedy SBI will get less than 40-35%, maybe that will teach them a lesson. ”

• Quote from Skitted: “Quote from iced0ut: “Most of us veterans who enjoy the game won't even be able to rate it because they aren't linking old accounts to steam. ” This ! ” If they linked older accounts to Steam, for each account you are referring to there are (146000-current live character count) =~ 130000 accounts (give or take) of people that left the game out of boredom or disgust or being downright pissed off or feeling scammed, that would potentially give a negative review. I think not lin…

• Quote from Robinhoodrs: “... with the next major patch coming to Albion. But wouldn't it make more sense for these server performance upgrades to be added to the game before the next major terri reset? We shouldn't have to fight through another round of god awful lag on reset day just because the upgrade is meant to come with the patch. Surely this makes sense? ” Performance improvements can be (and should have been) done incrementally. Which means we should be seeing constant improvements over …

• Quote from SunFoxx: “Excuse me for my English. Reasons why I stoped playing right after the release - Pointless private islands .... - Make private islands useful. Let players place those questgivers from above inside your houses. Making your vilagers happy and well-fed to make them pay you taxes and work for you. Protect your animals and crops from wild animals and bandits. I dont really know. All sorts of peacefull activities. ” Just nitpicking here: private islands are neither pointless nor u…

• Quite interesting how 1/3rd of the posts (if being optimistic) here are players that left and sincerely express what it would take them to come back, as stated in OP, or at least replies to their comments, while the rest 2/3rds are either troll posts or just active players hijacking the thread to rant about an issue they have with the game. Signal-to-noise ratio is getting quite low here.

• Having stopped playing right after the Kay update but still following the game in news and forums in case something miraculously changes, from my side I would expect primarily: 1) Actual performance improvements. I will not return if the constant stuttering (even in single player instances) is not fixed, and then the rubber banding in more populated areas. This alone would be enough to bring me back to give the game a second chance. Close seconds: 2) Changes in the world layout to enable trading…

• Blackboard ?

tzervo - - Feedback & Suggestions

Quote from Stravanov: “What you are suggesting is already in the game. Its called the "auction house". ” Almost. The difference being that if YOU build, you get to keep the fame (not that this is really important after a point), so you might want to offer your services and mats for a lower price to be competitive with marketplace prices. The gameplay difference is minimal though compared to buying from the marketplace, I agree it is not worth looking into.

• Quote from Nietz: “Game design was the main issue here ” Exactly! Which is why I mentioned it is either inefficiency OR it is just game design goals that cannot be met. For example: My dream game always was EVE with Elite Dangerous's ship handling. I know this is not feasible with today's technology, so I do not expect any of the two teams going for it. EVE is doing time dilation for big battles. Maybe zergy battles cannot be handled by Albion, maybe not by today's technology. It is the responsi…

• Quote from angrad: “Remember that time when SBI said they optimized ZvZ? ” I know it will eventually get deleted but some might have a few good laughs till it does captiongenerator.com/812192/SBI-Devs-fix-the-lag

• Quote from tabooshka: “Are you surprised? Theres 400 people in one zone, its impossible not to lag. ” Quote from tzervo: “ ... I cannot accept stuttering in a game of this graphical fidelity, even on my personal island - a solo instance. ... ” The number of players matters mostly for the rubberbanding, NOT the constant nagging stuttering. And in any case: (1) They allow ZvZ with many players? They should have the code and framework to handle it. If not, then either their coding performance or th…

• When I called it in this forum post, pointing out exactly to their mentioning the client - before Kay landed: Does the Kay Patch address any concerns or criticisms of AO you have? What would you rate the Kay patch? that the performance will still be bad, I was accused that I judged the patch before it landed. It was obvious that the performance would not be improved because S.I. was shouting variants of this: "WE HAVE IMPROVED PERFORMANCE ... for the client." "YOU WILL SEE THE GAME RUNNING SMOOT…

• Housing System Feedback

The one thing that the housing system DEFINITELY needs is interior lighting. That fills both a much needed QoL improvement and can be a small extra bit for the cosmetic fans. We do have chandeliers and lantern posts but they can only be placed outdoors.

• Housing System Feedback

So far the game seems to lean on the practical and gameplay-oriented rather than the cosmetic side. SI advertising housing as such was misleading, I totally agree. Nevertheless, I like the practical aspect of the housing and laborers, even though it is a bit "broken", as in, too profitable and too easy to scale if used correctly. It is a design choice, and I personally prefer having more gameplay mechanics rather than cosmetics and fluff. Oh and I agree with @Targun, there are more pressing issu…

• To put it in mathematical terms since we talk about saddle points, the curve might not even be C0 at the moment due to the update landing. You can only draw conclusions after 2 or 3 weeks

• Quote from hockeyboi: “Quote from tzervo: “It is quite interesting how more than half of the replies here have to do with a variant of "get rid of Caerleon and portals". Also interesting that it is one of the most brought up topics in countless threads in the forum. ” It's almost as if some people want Caerleon gone, I wonder though if the majority of feedback reflects this though. ” Ah but we must all be wrong, they have the numbers /s On a serious note and taking a queue from your last sentenc…

• It is quite interesting how more than half of the replies here have to do with a variant of "get rid of Caerleon and portals". Also interesting that it is one of the most brought up topics in countless threads in the forum.

• Quote from tzervo: “- World rework: Nuke Caerleon and remove blue city portals. Make it so that there are entry points to different BZ in the vicinity of each blue city according to its biome (i.e. former port towns) to further emphasize resource locality and encourage in-between-cities trading. Possibly have red zones separate all citiies to add risk in trading/hauling. The whole Albion map, all cities, need to be relevant. ” Just to elaborate a bit with really simple pictures the layout I had …

• Pick one: - World rework: Nuke Caerleon and remove blue city portals. Make it so that there are entry points to different BZ in the vicinity of each blue city according to its biome (i.e. former port towns) to further emphasize resource locality and encourage in-between-cities trading. Possibly have red zones separate all citiies to add risk in trading/hauling. The whole Albion map, all cities, need to be relevant. I feel these changes are feasible if SI wants it, even at this point, with some r…

• It might turn out to be an inflection point instead.