Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Silver from The Marketplace

Piddle - - Bugs

Quote from Hostility: “This is for live server bugs. As for what happened to you, if you make a Sell Order below the highest Buy Order the game just sells it outright, much like how you can just click sell on the market UI and quick sell all your items. This does not generate a mail, but you still receive the silver. ” This actually does generate mail.

• Quote from Fred_the_Barbarian: “Increase the number of slots in chests and player inventories too please. ” Just get good at transporting and storing things, and you don't have this problem. Maybe this game isn't for you. It is intended as a hardcore transport and logistics simulator and you carebears keep trying to make the game easier for casuals. Yeet.

• Reroll insanity

Piddle - - Rants

Quote from PenguinSniper: “This is interesting. I mean, I can craft Arcane Staffs up to tier 7, and I once tried (and succeeded) to re-roll a self-crafted tier 7 arcane witchwork staff to masterpiece. It cost me 35mill to finally get it to happen. I think that is too expensive, because nobody will ever buy that weapon from me for even half that price. If you think that players with ZERO experience in crafting shouldn't be able to improve the quality of an item, would that imply you would approve…

• Quote from PenguinSniper: “I don't understand this thread at all. ” He bad. He mad. Volume MCXII.

• That makes more sense...

Piddle - - Rants

There are just people in life who cave in to the smallest amount of adversity. If they aren't good at something immediately, they don't like it and quit. They don't see any value in learning new skills and see it as beneath them. Dark Souls just takes that up a few notches by being significantly more difficult than most video games. So obviously there are a lot of people that don't like it. The thing is, you aren't required to like everything. But, games aren't required to change in order for mo…

• This isn't a huge deal because you can always go to the orders tab under product-> farming and click through each listing, but it would be much more preferable if you could search "crop" or "herb" in the same way you can search "raw" for meat products. That way you get a buy screen that organizes them all by costs, and you can much more easily find which crop or herb is sold for the least currently. This will mostly help breeders who are generally interested in buying whatever is the cheapest fo…

• No one can change the access mode. It is always custom.

• Journal Tax

Piddle - - Feedback & Suggestions

The problem with journals is that they are an inherently efficient way to transport their output. A T5 crafting journal weighs .5kg and stores between 6.4 kg and 9.6 kg of resources. A T5 gathering journal weighs the same .5 kg and stores between 25.6 kg and 38.4 kg. So by charging only for the weight of the journal you are functionally breaking the balance of the game.

• Quote from krazzer: “I think the real question here is. Is AO too expensive compared to other games. @Piddle carrying multiple chars pr month is not more valuable, since you have to pay for them also. ” It isn't more valuable BECAUSE I don't pay less than other people. If I paid 2 USD per premium character and other people paid 8 dollars per premium character. It would be more valuable. Also, AO is a free game. So it can't be more expensive than games you are forced to pay for, unless you want i…

• Veterans need to just stop feeling like they need to lambast every single new player who dies and decides he doesn't like it. There are 100s or 1000s of new players entering the game each day, and so you are bound to get a couple people complaining about dying in a full loot game, but it is still a very small minority of players. You also will never stop them from doing it. They are responding on emotion, the facts and logics of the way the game works aren't going to make these people feel bette…

• Premium isn't a membership fee. It's a game asset. So if you let some players buy it for less than others, you are giving them a huge AO economic advantage. Those other games you talk about don't work like AO at all. You are required to pay to get content. In AO you get all the content in for free, but you are allowed to buy the premium game asset for real money to make your life easier. Premium also stacks. You can buy more premium and get more benefits. So carrying multiple premium characters …

• Dying on the spot!

Piddle - - Bugs

Ask your friend if he had used the suicide command recently before this happened. There is a feature in chat where it saves your last entries in the box, including /suicide and I have had people try to type in chat and accidently bring up their old suicide command and click enter. Which is not really ideal for them, or for the game to allow. Does his kill board say he killed himself?

• Quote from Retroman: “, the existing crafters also had the big advantage to be able to fame this node up with the much cheaper artefact level 1 items. ” You created a system where the best way to level a skill was to craft 14k crappy weapons, that no one wanted to buy usually, wasn't what I would call an advantage. What I'd call it was torture. Pretending you were doing us a favor the whole time is hardly funny. What would have been an advantage was being able to craft the item we wanted to to g…

• It's definitely not ideal. On one hand I feel like SBI could be a little magnanimous, and just allow people with completed skill trees to keep them. Even if technically they are being given extra fame. On the other hand that is just handing people with completed skill trees extra fame just because. Which isn't super fair. Deleting your character because of it is idiotic though. It's literally in testing. What if they change it?

• Island

Piddle - - Beginner's Questions

I have no idea what I am talking about, but the non hotkey way to do it on the normal client is to click your name plate in the top left corner, and there is a drop down menu with "Build" as an option.

• healing potions are cancer

Piddle - - Forum Banter

Checkers is probably a good game for you. If you can remember not to eat the pieces.

• Quote from sandstorm22: “No one is really wrong in this thread. AO is a bit toxic and cut-throat compared to other games, but, as others have said, you have options. 1 Stick with it and try and improve 2. Join a large guild/alliance and you will be much safer in pvp zones 3 Don't go to RZ or BZ. There are still many other things to do and try to accomplish in the game 4 Quit I chose 3 and I'm having a blast ” It's really easy to get emotional as a player and lash out at the game because it made …

• Morality in Gaming

Piddle - - Rants

THAT'S ME! I SAID THAT THING! For real though. You are pointing at me saying a thing, and then talking about a completely different and barely related thing. I am not saying that video games can't have morality in them. I am saying that applying real life morality to video games actions isn't even close to a reasonable thing to do under most circumstances. You can program an NPC to not steal, but that doesn't mean that if I a human being steal from someone in that same video game, that I am an i…

• Something Has Got To Give.

Piddle - - Feedback & Suggestions

Quote from RaDaMaNNs: “To clarify I have been on Steam awhile and have been through alot of games. Whenever you see a game with a bunch of easy achievements that less than 10% of players have its usually a half baked indie game that nobody plays or cares about. But Albion has a significant playerbase, just walk into any city and you can see that. I'm trying to figure out whats causing this anomaly. Is it bots, alt spam, new player drop off? None of which are good things BTW. I believe it to be t…