Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 127.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Norton Issue?

MadDave - - General Questions & Discussions

Beitrag

This is only a "heuristic" detection, given away by the ".Heur." in the threat name. (See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic_analysis) I.e. the virus scanner has absolutely no idea what this is, but thinks it's suspicious anyway. Probably because Albion connects to the internet or something. Anyway, you can safely ignore this. Personally, I do not recommend that you use any 3rd party anti virus programs at all. Windows Defender and Windows firewall will protect your system adequately. Especially Sy…

• Welcome All Steam Players

MadDave - - Introduce yourself!

Beitrag

A warm welcome from the tech team!

• Hey guys, we do not see a problem with this kind of software. It only changes the mouse cursor on a driver level and does not interfere with the game client in any way. I don't see an unfair advantage either. Your request of customizable mouse cursors has been noted David

• Black Error

MadDave - - Bugs Testserver

Beitrag

It's back online now. Please have a little patience with our poor old test server, it was never meant for the rush of player we are experiencing now.

• No premium - Test server

MadDave - - Bugs Testserver

Beitrag

Hi, thanks for reporting this. The issue is already known and we are working on it. David

• can't create /temp folder

MadDave - - Feedback Testserver

Beitrag

Thanks for reporting, we will look into that.

• Hey guys, don't worry. The test server is... just a small, humble test server. There is no CDN and no serious bandwidth. We are surprised and overwhelmed by the "sudden" interest in it. Rest assures that the live server is an entirely different beast. And yes, you will be able to download the live client over the weekend already. David

• Hey guys, first of all thank you for asking before actually doing anything. Our position is quite simple. As long as you just look and analyze we are ok with it. The moment you modify or manipulate something or somehow interfere with our services we will react (e.g. perma-ban, take legal action, whatever). As some of you have already pointed out, using WireShark or silimar tools to analyze network traffic is undetectable from our end and we therefore do not consider it an offense. The network pa…

• Can't install on drive other than C:/

MadDave - - Bugs

Beitrag

Right now you'll either need to make 4GB room on C: or configure your windows to put the temp folders on D: (you can google how to do this or let a friend help you). We are trying to find a better solution in the very near future.

• REQEUST: Albion Launcher changes!

MadDave - - Bugs

Beitrag

Well, this causes a bit of a discussion between me and Korn. We'll see what we can do about this. The solution will be something automatic such as using the install drive if the temp folder is full, so no fiddling with ini files.

• REQEUST: Albion Launcher changes!

MadDave - - Bugs

Beitrag

Apparently your temp folder is still on drive C. If you absolutely cannot free space on C, you need to change the temp folder locations. Do this at your own risk! My recommendation is to free space on C instead and leave your system settings intact. For the local temp folders, edit your system enviroment variables TMP and TEMP. See computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm For the system temp folders see answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wi…e1-404c-aa27-a76c0b450818

• My MacBook Pro blew up

MadDave - - Rants

Beitrag

Dear ereke, I am really sorry about your MacBook. Still, I highly doubt that it was "fried" by a "hacker". That is just not how these things work. Do you have any proof for your claim?

• Lag since today

MadDave - - Bugs

Beitrag

Hi guys, the issue does not seem to be on our side. Could you do a "tracert albiononline.com" just to confirm?

• Concerns about acount safety

MadDave - - Feedback & Suggestions

Beitrag

If I may add one more thing: the way to go is of course two-factor-authentication, since you would have to break into two devices instead of just one. We already have a light version of that - if you log in from a new device, you will have to do an email verification. Account theft is way down since we have introduced this. The only people who still get their accounts stolen are those who use the same password for Albion and their email account (or the email account is otherwise compromised).

• Concerns about acount safety

MadDave - - Feedback & Suggestions

Beitrag

Hi HyunMi, you are not wrong, but there is no way for us to make this secure. If you are afraid of malicious software on your machine (and that is a completely valid concern), you should never save a password in any application. Not in Albion, not in your web browser, not anywhere else. Encryption does not help here, because the game needs to be able to decrypt and send the password on login, so the encryption key needs to be stored somewhere as well and can be stolen in the same way... As an ex…

• Constant disconnects and lag

MadDave - - Bugs

Beitrag

Hi, The bad news first: I cannot comment on individual disconnects. This does not seem be a general problem; we have multiple machines running Albion 24/7 and almost never see any disconnects. The likely reasons for disconnects are your internet provider (e.g. 24-hour-disconnect), your Wifi (lots of wireless networds in the building = unstable) etc. This may not be a very satifying answer, but - if you get a lot of disconnects, the problem is somewhere on "your" side, it's not our server. The go…

• We can do that if it helps. I would still like to know what the issue with the auto-update process is - is it because your company "cracks" SSL connections? David

• Hi everyone, the problem with ultra-wide resolutions is that it gives you a broader field of view. In a competitive game like Albion Online this would give you an unfair advantage. It is essentially like a hardware-camera-hack and that is why we do not support it. The game server will BTW limit the objects you can actually see, so even if you get the game to work on 3 screens you will not actually see mobs or other players on the 2 additional screens. David

• Patcher UI text overlapping on HD res

MadDave - - Bugs

Beitrag

Thanks! We are aware of this; will be fixed in the near future.

• Happy to report that the OSX version is finally online and working. (Linux version is still in the pipeline but will be available eventually.) We are very sorry for this problem. The root cause was that we were having trouble with one of our build servers, so the clients were delayed but we desperately wanted to publish an update and fix an important bug. We thought the OSX and Linux clients would only be delayed a little while... and then the build server died completely and we were unable to r…