Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

• Dont Play ALBION online

VirtualDreams - - Rants

Quote from Holoin: “Quote from VirtualDreams: “Apparently, you really don't understand anything from SysAdmin related. I'll explain a little bit for you. Several servers sharing resources is called a cluster (this is to improve the "concept of hardware failiure"), or you can also search for virtualization. Regarding the networking, there's also a solution called Site-2-Site IKEv2 (just an example) for VPN's, which does not expose the main servers for public, but like everything, it can be exploi…

VirtualDreams - - Rants

Quote from Holoin: “Quote from VirtualDreams: “The servers are NA, that's why you dont feel our pain Actually the split of continents would not cause more server lag at all, care to elaborate your logic in here? Each continent has zones, so each zone in a continent, belongs to a diff continente, but globally accessible, making the latency to the foreigners of that continent, Which means, the lag we as EU suffer, you would suffer in our continent, because it would still be a Global. Split by zone…

• Quote from Midgard: “Quote from VirtualDreams: “omega LuL I edited the post, go read it ” And you do realise the steam charts dont give the full picture. The devs themselves have stated that the new player count has been way in excess of 10k. And the numbers never dropped as low as 5k pre F2P. ” Let us say for a second I can believe in you in here, where are your numbers? I am showing numbers, correct ones known to public. Do show me yours please. Those charts, are pretty accurate on Steam numbe…

• Quote from Midgard: “Quote from VirtualDreams: “You are right, 560 days +-, they aren't really 2 years, almost. Does it make you happy the accuracy now? ” Now you just need to correct the 100k, 5k, and 10k and youre there. ” omega LuL I edited the post, go read it

• Quote from Midgard: “Quote from VirtualDreams: “They have been.. for the past 2 years.. 100k to barely 5k players. with Steam release, + 10k ” If you're going to quote numbers, you need to make sure they are accurate. Yours aren't. ” You are right, 560 days +-, they aren't really 2 years, almost. Does it make you happy the accuracy now? To be more precise: * 11/13/17, 9:00 PM * UPGRADE STARTER PACK VETERAN-EPIC If you are about the concurrent players, there is a website that is called steamchart…

• Quote from Shaidor: “So the problem is programming related (badly network programming optimized)... I hope you guys find the solution that you want and make the game great! Sometimes a software need more time in debugging than developing a new feature, i can understand that and i can wait (But you guys have to fix it as fast as you can because a bug in internal testing has less impact than in public release, you lose money and reputation everyday because of this lag. I am pretty sure that you kn…

• Quote from MissBehave: “It sounds like you are using a unicast type logic. Does your network stack/game engine/game logic allow the concept of multicast? Essentially with this method, as a player zones in they "subscribe" to game messaging occurring in that zone. A player performs an activity such as an AoE. This would have a target location with an impacted area. The game engine would decide who is impacted and how, then package that in to a multicast message that all clients would receive, but…

• Quote from Korn: “Quote from Serbal: “Quote from Korn: “Quote from Storydor: “I think the only thing that would make me feel good would be if you just said: "Sorry, we screwed up big time. We've secretly been remaking this game in another engine that handles networking and scaling better. In a month we will relaunch the game in Unreal/whatever and things will most likely be better" ” Unfortunately, it's not a hardware issue. If the performance could be increased by adding more hardware, we would…

VirtualDreams - - Rants

Quote from sam: “As a North American player who works odd hours, I'm glad the game is global. I often play at unusual hours for my timezone and there's always people on, that's not common with other games. Also this is a pretty garbage OP. ” The servers are NA, that's why you dont feel our pain Quote from Holoin: “Quote from VirtualDreams: “The thing is, I can see theorically lots of things to implement and fix it easily. But it costs money, in other terms, investing. Zones like Blue/Yellow, it …

VirtualDreams - - Rants

Quote from PenguinSniper: “Exactly Holoin. The concept of complaining about lag when there's just been a free to play expansion is pretty short-sighted in my opinion. I think players need to give Albion time to adjust. I'm new here but a few days ago I logged out in a spot that had 4 ore rocks in the same spot, and after an update there were only 2 ore rocks. It means I had to go find a different spot, but it also tells me that the game devs are changing things, tweaking and making necessary gam…

• Quote from Eltharyon: “Dear players, Last weekend, after we experienced extreme performance issues during the Invasion Day fights, I promised we would keep you informed about the progress being made on server performance in large fights. The short version is: - We’ve spent the week looking into the problem, running various networking tests and tweaking settings - We’ve decided to upgrade selected hardware which may be causing issues and in general decided to invest in additional redundancy - We’…

VirtualDreams - - Rants

Quote from Holoin: “Quote from VirtualDreams: “Quote from Holoin: “So, you get killed and now the game is trash? Lol I can see you may have some anger issues. You would have probabily died anyway. To new players: Dont listen to this guy. Yes, the game is having some lag problems right now, but devs are working fast to solve them. Feel free to join the game. By the time you guys get to the point where you will be doing pvp with valuable gear, the lag will probabily be fixed. Devs need to move thi…

• Couldn't leave area in combat

VirtualDreams - - Bugs

Quote from Miriyo: “So, I vas travelling to Carleon from Fort Sterling to sell my stuff and I got killed in the mine between it. The thing is I couldn't fucking exit the mine even if i was inside the area that teleports to another. I wans't trying to get back, I was in the mine for like 10-15 seconds. Is there something that doesn't let you leave the area while in combat or something? Cus if is that its so bullshit, like free money for groups who want to kill. If it isn't I lost 1/3 of my money …

• Quote from Unistavac: “Server split is probably hardest decision to make cause it could destroy the game. But its not realy playable the way it is right now. You can split and risk it or you can wait for some ppl to leave and it will run fine again. ” The way I see it, it could be a new a start for everyone. Sandbox games, are mostly fun with Season "Wipes", so I actually get hyped with a fresh start. Right now, the economy is so broken VS new players, that even it will bore some of us (I think?…

VirtualDreams - - Rants

Quote from Holoin: “So, you get killed and now the game is trash? Lol I can see you may have some anger issues. You would have probabily died anyway. To new players: Dont listen to this guy. Yes, the game is having some lag problems right now, but devs are working fast to solve them. Feel free to join the game. By the time you guys get to the point where you will be doing pvp with valuable gear, the lag will probabily be fixed. Devs need to move this post to rants section cause this is clearly n…

• Quote from ViLEuo: “Yeah few days before f2p release they underwent "server upgrades" and ever since this moment it's been absolutely fucking horrible. I don't know if they changed server companies or whatever they did but it's been broken ever since. This is literally game breaking...ZvZ becomes all about who stops lagging first so they can kill the other zerg who's running in place lagged out. I've lost countless sets of t8 gear dying during these ZvZs. Each time I am locked in place and die t…

• Hello, Pretty sure this has been talked before but.. for a game like this, playing with 150+ ping is not really good, specially in a sandbox. My question is, do you even read the forum? I saw in a review @ steam, AO_Elsa (dev) replying ping does not matter in AO, that is a pure lie (steamcommunity.com/app/761890/…ns/0/1693795812293312868/), sorry to pinpoint it, but not only I love videogames, my daily job is a Network & System Administrator. Melee can hit me like 6 cm away from me, and if I had…

• Server die?

VirtualDreams - - Feedback & Suggestions

Quote from Sagirou: “Quote from Kohrias: “Is someone from SBI fixing this (e.g. server restart)? I cannot get into the game - stuck on character selection. ” Ill bet the developers are pooping themselves. Ill bet they didnt think they would have so many players. Also, virtual dreams, you come across as a bit brain dead. The games crashing because theyre are TOO MANY players lol ” Lul bro, I have the game for 2 years already. Since.. Alpha I suppose? I'm saying they didnt learn anything nor they …

• been for the last 3 days... every couple hours it crashes.

• Server die?

VirtualDreams - - Feedback & Suggestions

Servers have been unstable since new patch... Jeez, this game is out for so long, and lost lots of players.. now I can see why.