Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 27.

• Quote from Tzu: “itnews.com.au/news/aussie-inte…-subsea-cables-cut-472070 ” Cool, I had no idea - but that doesn't sound like it. The article mentions "ISPs say that while they are forced to route Asian traffic via the US, internet users should expect speed, latency and packet loss problems “to international destinations in Asia”. Game servers are in the US, not in Asia. As best as I can tell, our route to them doesn't pass through HK. I think the usual US route is something like NZ -> Fiji -> U…

• So I'm in Queensland, Australia and used to get 230-250 ms ping at launch. Bad by most standards but normal for me (same as I get in other games that have East Coast US servers). After the first round of anti-DDoS measures my ping went up by about 50-60 ms, as seemed to be the case for most people. With a 280-300 ping the game was getting to the point of being unplayable even for seasoned Aussies, particularly in a game that tries to be about PvP, but I decide to muddle through and hope it gets …

• Quote from MissBehave: “What is your in game name, or link the kill board.... ” This kill likely never existed. OP failed to provide a link after multiple requests and has stopped replying altogether after seeing that his likely fake story successfully stirred up the shit he wanted to stir up. The last three pages of this thread only exist because most people are too lazy to read / think and because mods couldn't find the time to discourage future "concerned players" from agitating the uninforme…

• NEW: Albion Online Status Page

Vido - - News & Announcements

Quote from Maluzu: “this is abnormal not able to download the patch files, error 499 ” Common error, happens often when you try to run the launcher while the maintenance routine is still busy shitting itself.

• Servers still down?

Vido - - Feedback & Suggestions

Quote from Mardonius: “Screw this crap. Middle of the day and can't play because the devs are too lazy to move the downtime to early morning CET. ” Global server + daily maintenance = someone is going to be screwed out of their play time every day (that's us in Australia by the way - 8 pm here) and everyone is going to be screwed on weekends.

• NEW: Albion Online Status Page

Vido - - News & Announcements

Quote from Vajaina: “Quote from chihawk: “I don't expect a reply. Again , I ask what is the point of this page. It is 8/27/17 11:08 UTC, I am at Login Screen and it tells me that Server is OFFLINE I go to the Status Page and it tells me server is On Line. I login thinking maybe the Launch Window is incorrect, but I cannot get into server. No communication as to what is going on. So again, what is the Point of Status site? ” its daily maintance you spastik ” Yet you wouldn't know it from looking …

• Still lagging here as well. My usual (already terrible) 300 ping from Australia now spikes to about 1500 randomly, causing a lot of rubber banding and occasional disconnects. Other times it will just go back to 300 after a minute or so, without disconnecting. Nothing changed on my end, and this was not happening until yesterday. Have also tried some of the VPN software I use in other games but same results. I hope the connectivity is still considered very much a work in progress? Having a consta…

• Quote from Muzurio: “Update: If i turn off Lock Window, it does work. So seems thats where the issue is ” Same here.

• Quote from Mondmann: “i did only get 7 days, but i played before Jul 31st... ” Refer to posts #5 or #6 in this thread.

• Quote from Dygenn: “I have played since January of 2015. Shouldn't I be getting months of premium by these wannabe calculating methods? ” There's been like three people each explaining it three times in this thread alone. If you still gotta ask...

• Quote from Shazzi2k: “characters who had also been affected by the server issues immediately post launch will now get 14 days extra premium time in total. Perhaps they worded it wrong sound like they are giving us 14days extra in total however they are only giving us 7days in total, the other 7days we already purchased and that's what's left? ” No. It's 14 days total if you played before Jul 31st (7 days) and over the past week (another 7 days).

• Quote from Shazzi2k: “Quote from Vido: “ ” It said in post people will get 14days extra premium. I logged on prior to daily maintenance early have 7days left activated my premium on 19th July. 7+14=21. I should have 21days premium but when I logged on after maintenance only had 14days ” That's because they fucked up. Most people don't have the amount of days they should have yet, but they have said it will be added over the next few hours.

• No, you got it wrong. Anyone who played before Jul 31st (two weeks into launch approximately) gets the first 7 days.

• Quote from solventh: “that happens for at least a year. ” Huh? The "right-clicking a name in chat window" feature was added yesterday.

• Same here. I have RTS controls turned off, double click to attack turned on, and auto hide chat turned off.

• Quote from Korn: “Quote from Vido: “Ok guys, if the DDoS mitigation measures you had planned are now in place, it's safe to say they have failed to be enough help so far. The game is now up for 2 minutes every 10 minutes during attacks, so by some metrics you may already claim it is better... but this can't be considered an improvement in practical terms as it makes the game no more playable than it was before. That brings up some new questions, and it's probably better to hear it from you than …

• Quote from Elarahis: “Their plan is obviously to do their best to fight off the DDOS, I wonder why you are even asking. And it is obviously impossible for them to give any ETA for anything or they already would have done so. I don't know why you are assuming that they would be hiding any good knews from us, it would be a very weird thing to do. ” Why do you assume I think they are hiding anything? They had given us info ("measures are coming") but that info is now outdated (recent measures have …

• Ok guys, if the DDoS mitigation measures you had planned are now in place, it's safe to say they have failed to be enough help so far. The game is now up for 2 minutes every 10 minutes during attacks, so by some metrics you may already claim it is better... but this can't be considered an improvement in practical terms as it makes the game no more playable than it was before. That brings up some new questions, and it's probably better to hear it from you than sort through dozens of pages of spec…

• Typical evening of an East Coast Australia player: - Get home at 6 pm - Servers down on DDoS claims until 7:15 pm - Play 45 minutes until maintenance - Maintenance extended through to 10:15 pm without notice - Play 15 minutes - Servers down on god knows what bullshit they're going to come up with now - Can't be arsed, off to bed

• Quote from Axolotl: “Quote from Vido: “Anyone else stuck downloading another 1 Gb "update" which we can't even tell if was meant to be downloaded or not? ” Do you still have this after restarting your launcher? ” Yes. If this is a bug does it generate any log anywhere that I could send in? Edit: apparently files get moved to a folder called "staging" inside the Albion Online folder, which I presume is for patches - no idea why it does that when there is no patch, but manually moving all files ba…