Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 56.

• Fair I suppose, has to be a better solution than just nerfing the shit out of their healing though, that also wont make them unable to even fight back. Hard enough finding people willing to do anything other than dps as is in games.

• Quote from yenerciri: “As I said earlier just take away the damage healers can do against other players and let them heal, I play a healer to heal not solo tanks. Now they are nerfing the main reason I play a healer which is to heal and have the energy to do it. If you don't want healers to solo tanks and dps take away their DAMAGE not their healing ability. This seems like a no brainer to me. ” The issue with that is that they only have 1 damage ability to start, if you remove it they won't be …

• Quote from Graveldog: “The developers are making a classic blunder. I was a GW2 core tester. I was there basically since the beginning, and spent all of my time in WvW save for required pve testing appearances. I lived and breathed every day in WvW. There was a period of time where the developers thought that soloing a supply camp should be impossible. I was very good at doing so and the developers would make changes, and I would find a way to solo the supply camp. Over, and over, and over. It g…

• Quote from Zavage: “Quote from Toastbr0t: “Quote from Gwandir: “Devs have already warn not to roll for the meta cause of the natural likelihood of items beeing nerfed. Yet ppl reroll and now cry after been able to shine in pvp for a few weeks. Now you want special treatment hah this generation.. You will just have to spend countless hours like the rest of the top GvG teams who decided they wanted the Op builds for their lineups. Suck it up or quit and let a new group take the A team position. ” …

• Light Crossbow

Dejekt - - General Questions & Discussions

Anyone have much experience with this wep with either mistcaller or musiak? Curious on your thoughts and how you value armor passives for the wep too, % dmg, % attack speed and CDR.

• Quote from Ulfnaor: “The main point, however, is that the playtest server should be opened to everyone. There is no reason not to have that. ” Agreed, very counter-productive to do otherwise, which is something other games have fallen into the trap of too. By letting the people at the top have information before everyone else, or let them practice something before everyone else, you are essentially assisting them in staying at the top. Same reason why in PvE games like wow all of the first kills…

• Biggest issues are that the game limits your attacks to be mobile friendly, when the mobile market is realistically a very small % of the playerbase. Having 2 abilities with small cooldowns and a 3rd with a longish cooldown for your only attacks means there is not a great degree of timing required to use them decently. Add in the armors and pots and youre still only at 7 abilities, the pot has a 2 min cooldown, and the armor abilities also all have cooldowns, many of which can be quite long. Com…

• NERF HEALERS

Dejekt - - General Questions & Discussions

You're not really suppose to be able to solo one. They can't kill you either unless you let them, and nerfing healers in games generally sets up a scenario where they lose to everyone 1v1, and are also too easy to burst down in group settings so fights become much faster and stuns become even more powerful.

• Too late to wipe at this point, they already announced they wouldn't and it would be a horrible business decision to go back on that. I could see a second seasonal server somewhere down the line though, with like a 6 month life cycle and slightly accelerated gains.

• Coming back after a long break to play with a friend who is running fire staff any votes for best things pair with it?

• Quote from Korn: “ One key thing that some players fail to understand is how the market works. You can not magically create silver with your credit card. All the silver in the game has been farmed by players. If too much gold is sold, the market will crash. If you use gold to buy silver in the market, what you are really doing is effectively exchanging premium time (as this is what gold is mostly used for) for silver farming time. You are paying premium time to others such that they do the silve…

• Quote from Seriously: “Quote from Dejekt: “So the solution is that you should be allowed to outgear people to the point that they can't possibly beat you, even if they are better or field a better comp? You know how grindy and time consuming gathering and crafting is in this game. The baseline in a few months will likley be 5.4/6.3./7.2/8.1 The difference between that and 7.4/8.3 or even 8.4 is pretty big. The number of people who would enjoy the game still while being outnumbered like that are …

• So the solution is that you should be allowed to outgear people to the point that they can't possibly beat you, even if they are better or field a better comp? You know how grindy and time consuming gathering and crafting is in this game. The baseline in a few months will likley be 5.4/6.3./7.2/8.1 The difference between that and 7.4/8.3 or even 8.4 is pretty big. The number of people who would enjoy the game still while being outnumbered like that are slim. It also creates a huge barrier of ent…

• Quote from Grommit: “Quote from Dejekt: “It will still mean something in open field, I have no issue with GvG being as even a fight as possbile though. The way resources and crafting are being designed in general are a huge fail though to be completely honest. ” Here is the problem with this.You can be in a big guild with a very good GvG team. However there are now so many different weapons and spells etc that it has in many ways added an element of rock paper scissors to GvG fights. New artifac…

• Quote from Seriously: “Quote from Dejekt: “It will still mean something in open field, I have no issue with GvG being as even a fight as possbile though. The way resources and crafting are being designed in general are a huge fail though to be completely honest. ” who gives a shit about the open field? why would i carry good gear out into the open field? do you even albion? ” That wasn't my point...It was that if they "cap" what you can use in a GvG, that advantages gained by massive farming or …

• It will still mean something in open field, I have no issue with GvG being as even a fight as possbile though. The way resources and crafting are being designed in general are a huge fail though to be completely honest.

• Yep, if it isn't very hard there would be no point. Other siege based games are similar, taking a city is always more work than defending it. Especially in a game like this where GvG is 5v5. If there were not a big bonus you would just see an elite group of 5 able to take any city from anyone they wanted. One of our gladiator teams on wow I think we had about a 12:1 win/loss ratio when we made it to #3 on the battlegroup. Something like that would be absolutely devastating in a game like this wh…

• Quote from Grommit: “Quote from Korn: “Hi all, as a related point to this discussion, we do currently feel that for 5v5 GvG fights, the power gap between gear sets - even if it's just 9% per tier/enchantment level, might be to big at the high end. In the open world, it's fine, as there can always be situations where you die as you get caught off-guard or face uneven battles. Therefore, we are looking into two options here: - Option A: flattening the top end gear power curve for structured fights…

• Quote from tgx: “dont understand why everyone in here needs the highest tier gear in order to have fun playing the game but okay?? Quote from StayFrostzy: “Not sure if this is a game anymore... I begin to think when SI made gathering fame 52 million for a t7 tool and nodes posses only 1 resource at t8 it becomes a social experiment. How long will players truly endure this endless gathering simulator before they break? 6.4 is borderline unachieveable, what happens when we reach 7.4 or 8.4? Then w…

• Quote from Archiemedis: “ ” Quote from Archiemedis: “It would fix a great deal, seriously. Every step in this direction will make the game better. Limiting one account to one player would be a blessing. If Albion claims "You can become anything", why would you need to create an alt? You could become fucking anything. Oh right, LP. ” It's very hard to limit a person to 1 account. Lots of people have roommates, partners, kids, etc that all play from the same location. It would be too much work to …