Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 110.

• Quote from PrintsKaspian: “Queen Patch 8 Changes to Faction Flagging in Yellow Zones Players who are flagged hostile and players who are flagged for Faction Warfare can no longer attack each other in yellow zones. This is to prevent cases where a hostile player knocks down a faction-flagged player who is then executed by other faction-flagged players. Details: - More specifically, hostile and faction-flagged players in yellow zones are neutral to each other. This means they cannot cast any spell…

• Quote from OceanSpirit: “So many high tier players here are delusional. They forget that 1) Red Zones and Black Zones already give bonus silver/fame. 2) If you die and lose alot of your gear, you might not even have gear left to go back into the PvP zones. 3) Sometimes people just want to fame farm dungeons and have a fun relaxing time without getting an adrenaline rush every 30min with a constant fear of dying. 4) Sandbox means open ended gameplay. If 99% of end game content is PVP allowed, tha…

• Quote from Hickle: “Quote from Lofthild: “Quote from faintrespite: “I don't mean this condescendingly, but if that's what you want why don't you just go play World of Warcraft? The reason Albion is unique is that it is full loot PvP. If it doesn't have that, then why play Albion? ” - You are condescending if you have to put a disclaimer that you're not - If the scope is full-loot PvP there would be no blue/yellow zones but full-loot PvP just after the tutorial, right? - Albion Online is a sandbo…

• Quote from Ikcen: “Quote from Lofthild: “The game is a touted as a "MMORPG sandbox", and yet as a PvE player or gatherer you're only safe until T5 zones, which is the last tier of safe zones, as T6 - T8 zones are full-loot PvP. Why is that the case? To me it seems the forced PvP of T6+ zones is just there to uphold the illusion(especially for SBI) that the game: - Is a sandbox with PvP focus and - People actually want to play no opt-out PvP when they just want to gather or PvE Someone in a reddi…

• Quote from Sinatra.SUN: “if you Arent gonna pvp, then why are you even grinding your gears?. the low tiers zones are meant as entry points into the game. where do you intend to use that t8 gear you wanna gather resources for ?. ” - For what reason are you playing a game if not to just kill time? That's no argument, that's even lower than grasping for straws - Your argument of "low tier zones are meant as an entry point" contradicts the touted scope of a full-loot PvP game, as out of 8 tier level…

• - Apparently by dismounting + using the shrine quickly/by using the shrine within a few seconds after loading into the portal tile you can clip the "shrine using" animation resulting in no buff and the inability to use the shrine again - and that inability to use the shrine seemingly lasts for minutes - If you have the buff and are mounted the shrine shows the use-cursor, if you dismount the use-cursor is gone

• Quote from faintrespite: “I don't mean this condescendingly, but if that's what you want why don't you just go play World of Warcraft? The reason Albion is unique is that it is full loot PvP. If it doesn't have that, then why play Albion? ” - You are condescending if you have to put a disclaimer that you're not - If the scope is full-loot PvP there would be no blue/yellow zones but full-loot PvP just after the tutorial, right? - Albion Online is a sandbox, and yet by default I'm locked into T5 z…

• The game is a touted as a "MMORPG sandbox", and yet as a PvE player or gatherer you're only safe until T5 zones, which is the last tier of safe zones, as T6 - T8 zones are full-loot PvP. Why is that the case? To me it seems the forced PvP of T6+ zones is just there to uphold the illusion(especially for SBI) that the game: - Is a sandbox with PvP focus and - People actually want to play no opt-out PvP when they just want to gather or PvE Someone in a reddit thread put it best(with a little paraph…

• - Zergion Online focuses on one thing, and one thing only: ZvZ - with complete disregard to every other playstyle - Gathering system is a treadmill, as for each tier you needs materials of the previous tier, which is just utterly tedious and boring - For me gathering armor abilities are a joke, which is quite evident by the fact that gatherers are almost forced to use e.g. Bloodletter to get more abilities for counter-play - As for gankers: - High-level ganking low level or gatherers - Big group…

• Quote from Midgard: “Quote from Lofthild: “I take the move of my thread into the rant section as as admission that it is an obviously glaring issue they don't want to have visible in the general discussion section, ” No, I suspect it was the non-constructive thread title that did it ” - Define "constructive" in a general applicable way that it isn't based on the observer's perception/bias - So you're telling me they didn't like my wording, even if my OP is based on facts everyone can verify?

• Quote from Roccandil: “How would you solve the problem? ” Their touted scope was: "We don't want people getting ganked the minute the go into the black zone via portals and thus offer some sort of protection" What they implemented: you're only safe in the portal tile, but not going from adjacent tiles -> portal tile, which is a clear violation of the scope, because in effect they just moved the entry/exit point ganking 1 tile away and prohibited it in the portal tile. If already offered plenty o…

• What I predicted 1-2 weeks ago was implemented by SBI: - You are protected going from a portal tile -> adjacent tile, but not from an adjacent tile -> portal tile - Right now I logged out as there was a gank squad of ~8 people sitting in front of the entry point from an adjacent tile to a portal tile Pathetic and laughable, as now everyone has the clear proof that SBI doesn't even play their own game. Additionally no one could've predicted that after update 7 the portal ganker will just move to …

• Quote from Doowie: “That's a bit of a wild guess there @Hollywoodi. Mostly when it comes to the game development, normally the outsourcing is done for QA. translation and cinematic work. The only time I've heard of development outsourcing is when it comes to Chinese companies, who just bump out a lot of mobile only games for small developers. The development process is far slower then people actually realise . When you're on the other side of the monitor, you can of course point fingers and thin…

• Quote from Satyrns: “Quote from Maszke: “Quote from McDobs: “This is good news for a 2020 game, full loot is something of the past for a simple reason, there are less and less people that have the tenacity and time to grind in order to make full loot viable. Being killed should only drop what you wear and not your inventory (boy I'm gonna get flamed for this). But this is the truth casuals run this game, hardcores and solo gankers are good for streams and to make some videos to get people excite…

• Quote from Korn: “On the dungeon loot, here is what we did in a nutshell: Based on the community’s feedback, we have reworked the loot in randomized dungeon chests according to the following principles: - T6 chests have been largely reverted to the status that they had on Queen’s launch as these chests were very popular with the player base. (this also means significantly less "trash" loot and higher chances for good drops again) - We have used the old T6 chest balancing as a baseline and set up…

• Is there a mod or something similar which offers a simple on-screen tracker for silver/fame/combat fame credits to track my grind process with?

• Quote from hFly: “Quote from LordSilva: “Quote from hFly: “The solution is kinda simple:1st - Add Town Port Scrolls based on the map you are. (T5 scrolls you can TP back home from T5 maps, etc). As for the costs should be around 100k per tier starting from T5. (T5 = 100k, T6 = 200k, etc...). They could be dropped from places like Crystal League, that is not from the BZ, forcing players that want to drop this portals to be more safe in the BZ to have to buy them or go enjoy more from the game oth…

• Quote from Gugusteh: “Quote from Lofthild: “Quote from Gugusteh: “Would you prefer: A. a hotfix mechanic that reduces the impact of the current portal design done (fairly) fast. B. a longterm change that fixes the "root issue" in 2 months. I vote for A until B is done. ” - Queen patch 6 doesn't do anything + their only response to far is "Portal ganking will be fixed" without mentioning anything else - so my trust in them is slightly above 0 - But yes, normally you'd take a really close look at …

• Quote from Zumzat: “Quote from Sinatra.SUN: “The rampant portal camping is idiotic, and quite incredible that SBI doesnt adress it. just make 3 entrances into the portal zones instead of 1. Creating a choke where everyone has to go when going back to town is pretty weird design. ” TBH making map design with 'gateways' between zones was a bad idea in the first place. I mean I do realize why it has advantages from a technical perspective (i.e. isolating server nodes), but from a game play perspect…

• Quote from Theat: “Quote from Owlsane: “Quote from Ikcen: “So, go play Path of Exile, which in fact is not a MMO, but a FOA game. You are not a victim, you are a noob. Learn to play the game. ” You're cute. ” He's right though. You're a victim Crying? No, I'm not crying. I'm not the one who tries to change the entire game because I died 1v15. That's you. My counter-arguments is to prevent Albion Online going the Trammel UO route. You, LordSilva, CaptainRussia, are the little pricks trying to ner…